Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So many be you can help answer a question. I don't know how to even begin to check if after using handbrake if it has taken the audio track and did an auto passthrough of all the channels. Does that mean my copy of the movie has Channel(s) 2 or Channel(s) 6 in the audio stream?
The audio stream has 6 channels. But the number of channels is also set in the mp4 container and here is the wrong number set (2). When playing this file you will get all 6 channels. I don't know why handbrake writes a 2 there maybe someone else could help you there.
(2015-11-20, 20:30)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]other values change fine... only on stream details its the problem;;
sending you the nfo file

Problem solved: It was the comment at the beginning of your nfo file. I've changed the way nfo files are written in the nightlies: nfos are no longer completely rewritten, only changed values are overwritten. And there was a little bug in handling comments.
Strange thanks for helping out Komet. I look forward to the next update.
(2015-11-20, 21:12)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-20, 20:30)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]other values change fine... only on stream details its the problem;;
sending you the nfo file

Problem solved: It was the comment at the beginning of your nfo file. I've changed the way nfo files are written in the nightlies: nfos are no longer completely rewritten, only changed values are overwritten. And there was a little bug in handling comments.

nice checked the new nightly and is fixed..
a small request Smile
can you please change DTS to dts in stream details? (actually if its possible change all codecs to lower case letters Smile )
Audio and video codecs are now lower case. I was just using the results from mediainfo but Kodi writes all codecs lowercase when exporting the library.
(2015-11-21, 23:43)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Audio and video codecs are now lower case. I was just using the results from mediainfo but Kodi writes all codecs lowercase when exporting the library.

than you... again .. Nod
Please vote for "The next big thing" in MediaElch! Smile
Hi,

I am using the latest MediaElch version on Windows.
It seems there is a problem with scraping the movie studio using IMDB.
Somehow this does not work for me anymore since a few days now.
Does anyone else have that issue?

Thx in advance.
@Maaarv: Do you have an example movie where this happens?
it happens with every movie.
But for example when I rescrape "300" using IMDB for studio then it removes "Legendary Pictures", "Virtual Studios" and "Warner Bros." which were scraped before using the same settings.
IMDB changed their site a little bit, scraper in MediaElch has been updated.
So will it be fixed in v2.4 again or is there anything I can do to make it work directly?
(2015-11-25, 18:19)Maaarv Wrote: [ -> ]So will it be fixed in v2.4 again or is there anything I can do to make it work directly?

Nightly builds for Windows and OSX are available for donators Wink But I'll try to release 2.4 within the next week (need to finish one feature and then give the translators some time).
(2015-11-20, 21:10)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]The audio stream has 6 channels. But the number of channels is also set in the mp4 container and here is the wrong number set (2). When playing this file you will get all 6 channels. I don't know why handbrake writes a 2 there maybe someone else could help you there.

So I checked a movie ripped with MakeMKV. The movie was Inside Out, MediaElch says 7.1 channels which is correct. Ran it through Mediainfo and it shows 8 channels and 6 channels core. Then when I go to Kodi the info panel shows it as 5.1 audio. So I have no idea what's going on. But as long as it plays all channels like you said it should I guess I'm ok with it, sort of.