Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi Komet, I love you software and the new features in v 1.0 are amazing.

A little question.. Is possible add the Writer and Director field in a next update?
(2012-10-09, 16:58)m0uthless Wrote: [ -> ]hi Komet, I love you software and the new features in v 1.0 are amazing.

A little question.. Is possible add the Writer and Director field in a next update?
Thanks Smile

Writer & Director: For movies or tv shows?
for movies, I saw that themoviedb.org has this information for most of the film and some skins like aeon mq had the field

ty
Double episode files are added as only the first episode. S01E01E02 will only show as S01E01.
(2012-10-09, 17:54)m0uthless Wrote: [ -> ]for movies, I saw that themoviedb.org has this information for most of the film and some skins like aeon mq had the field
Seems I've missed it. Will be added Smile

(2012-10-09, 18:59)Dragen Wrote: [ -> ]Double episode files are added as only the first episode. S01E01E02 will only show as S01E01.
Multipart episodes can't be handled right now. Maybe it will come later but (as said earlier) this has a very low priority for me.
Hi Komet
sorry for the late answer, but here you go :

my on-diskstructure is a bit more complex.
my moviefolder that is configured for Media-Elch is
~/Movies/Movies
TV Shows
~/Movies/TV/DVD-Shows ( <---- i am really looking forward to multipart episode scan !! Any chance / way / idea how to move this upwards on your list ? :-) )
~/Movies/TV/Rec-Shows

underneath ~/Movies/Movies there are symbolic links to different networkdrives ( HD / DVD Movies require different networkperformance, player etc. ):
~/Movies/Movies/HD01
~/Movies/Movies/HD02
~/Movies/Movies/HD03
~/Movies/Movies/HD04
~/Movies/Movies/SD01
~/Movies/Movies/SD02
~/Movies/Movies/SD03

the set i mentioned is directly underneath that
~/Movies/Movies/HD02/Jurassic Park
and it works for Jurassic Park I & Jurassic Park III, but not for Jurassic Park II

i have to add that in some cases ( Moviesets ) there is an additional top directory f.e. :
Predator
-- Alien vs Predator
---- Alien vs Predator I
---- Alien vs Predator II
-- Predator I
-- Predator II

just to keep things a bit organized :-)
but at the end of the day every single Movie got his own directory

Thanks for listining
Linus
OK, I'll have to test it. But it should be no big problem, expect a fix for this in the next release.

Multipart episodes is another thing. It would require more work and especially time. In the moment I'm a very busy with my jobs (yes, still to have earn money Wink ), so not in the next release, but maybe multipart episode handling will make it into version 1.2. Sorry for that :/
Thanks for the fast reply,
earning money is on my list as well, so i am looking forward to the next release(s) :-)
Linus
Because of the new options of scraping .nfo, poster and fanart with different file names and the the general option that in a directory a movie is in a seperate directory or not it will be great if you can add an option like Ember to use <movie>-placeholder only for directories with more than one movie. At the moment you can't mix both sorts of directories, if you choose no <movie>-placeholder.
Is there a way to get access to my network? I would like to scrape over my network at my workstation, not on my htpc. So i need access to my htpc over my network Smile

Ty
(2012-10-11, 05:36)timmaeh Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get access to my network? I would like to scrape over my network at my workstation, not on my htpc. So i need access to my htpc over my network Smile

Ty

you can add manually network shares in directory field like this

you need the write permission.. otherwise you cann add administrative share (c$, d$, e$....)
Hi Komet,
Right now i start to update genre and rating, and as you may expect i have some observations :
1) i try to delete a genre by empty the text and press return, looks like it worked, but some movies actually have now an empty genre entry ( aka empty space between genre1 and genre2, haven't found an empty entry on top or button of the list )
2) if you save the modification out of the genre dialog, the modifications are written to disc, but the actual movie list was not updated ( just found a couple of movies missing these new entries
3) Adding a movie to a genre ( genre dialog ) it would be helpfull to have the movielist in the selectionlist sorted, with quite a lot miĆ³vies, no chance
4) if you like to add a genre to a movie it would be nice to have something like a combo box, select an existing genre or add a new one.
5) you might add the function to add a genre in the genre dialog
6) if there are modifications made in rating or genre sometimes you like to verify them in the movielist or add a missing genre to a movieet ( would also be a nice function to have :-)) it would be great if the movie details page would stay on the tab of the last movie, specially for the advanced section you need to jump back and forth :-).
this might be also needed having this new filtered list in mind aka :
show all movies with genre "indie" and than modify a f.e. a genre field ( or any other example )

Thanks for listing
Linus
Found a big bug!

Was watching the task manager memory consumption tab. Media elch was fetching 2 movie's meta data, 50 something has been done in the last 2 days.

And then I started to click one by one on all the accomplished movies. guess what, the memory consumption started to rise gradually. 1 movie click and 30 mb raised, another - there goes another 25.
Tried to reproduce it, and it worked again. Finally after 926 mb, it crashed.

Seems like it is caching the movie posters and fan art, but us unable to unload them somehow.
Might want to check out mediainfo to get codec and other audio/video info. Would be a nice addition along with the other things on your to-do list.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
-Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
(2012-10-11, 14:25)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]1) i try to delete a genre by empty the text and press return, looks like it worked, but some movies actually have now an empty genre entry ( aka empty space between genre1 and genre2, haven't found an empty entry on top or button of the list )
Highlight the genre you want to delete and press the (-) button to the right. It will remove the empty space.