Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amazon Fire TV, so no SSH. The files are mounted through NFS on the Fire TV only, not on my MacBook where MediaElch is running. As i said already, updating the library does work through MediaElch (even there are no new movies at the moment). I wanted to use MediaElch just for small changes in the library, so i do not have to do this through SQLPro.
(2016-04-18, 20:04)Maetrik Wrote: [ -> ]Amazon Fire TV, so no SSH. The files are mounted through NFS on the Fire TV only, not on my MacBook where MediaElch is running. As i said already, updating the library does work through MediaElch (even there are no new movies at the moment). I wanted to use MediaElch just for small changes in the library, so i do not have to do this through SQLPro.
Have you tried cleaning the library on the device?

Greetz,

Jan

Verstuurd met mijn Yoga 2 tablet
Should not be needed, as i deleted the library and rescraped everything right before the installation of ME.
(2016-04-19, 17:35)Maetrik Wrote: [ -> ]Should not be needed, as i deleted the library and rescraped everything right before the installation of ME.

Humor me... Just give it a try Wink I have come to experience that cleaning the library sometimes helps when updating my library with ME on my primary computer.

Greetz,

_J@N_
I am a noob at Ubuntu. How do I start the program?
If you are using stock Ubuntu you will have Unity as a desktop (range of square icons on the left). Click the Ubuntu icon on top and start typing
Code:
MediaElch
It should find the program (when installed Wink )
Komet, I'm trying to get MediaElch how I want it to run and having some difficulties. Could you advise please?

=====

For renaming of movies I want the format to be as follows:

Folder: <sortTitle> (<year>) [<resolution>] = Santa Clause, The (1994) [1080p]

Movie: <title> (<year>) [<resolution>] = The Santa Clause (1994) [1080p]

MediaElch seems to rename the movie file ok but it then forces additional folder and sub-folder levels.

Example: X:/<sortTitle>/(<year>) [<resolution>]/MovieFile = X:/Santa Clause, The/(1994) [1080p]/The Santa Clause (1994) [1080p]

I only want the single top level folder containing the movie and .nfo files

=====

Also, I don't want any of the associated image or video files (posters, thumbnails, trailer etc) to be downloaded and saved to my server (not enough space). How can I turn this function off?

=====

Thanks.
I've been using MediaElch for a while now and it's great but the only thing that bothers me is when you delete a folder with a Movie/TV Show in it, it keeps re appearing (without the movie or show in it of course, only some of the images). Am I the only one with this issue?
Hi everyone,

Can MediaElch rename TV-Show episodes respecting their individual folders?

Ex:
ALF/Season 01/S01E01/ALF - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv

ALF
.| - Season 01
... | - S01E01
...... | - ALF - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv

When I try to use
S<season>E<episode>/<title> - S<season>E<episode>.<extension>

MediaElch automatically escapes the "/" character and renames the file like this:
ALF/Season 01/S01E01 ALF - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv

ALF
.| - Season 01
...| - S01E01 ALF - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv

Is there any way to keep the individual episode folders?
I have been changing some of the movie posters to reflect that it is a criterion edition, after I synchronize with Kodi, Kodi continues to show the old poster. Is there a step I am missing?

Using windows 7
(2016-05-07, 15:39)monroo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Ex:

ALF
.| - Season 01
... | - S01E01

When I try to use

MediaElch automatically escapes the "/" character and renames the file like this:

ALF
.| - Season 01

Please refer to the Rename Config screen

Notice the 1st 2 dialog boxes are for naming episodes and multi-file episodes

Notice the 3rd dialog box is for naming the Series Folder

Notice the 4th Dialog box is for naming the Season Folder.

You are trying to name the Season Folder inside the Episode Field
(2016-05-08, 04:19)isamu.dragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-07, 15:39)monroo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Ex:

ALF
.| - Season 01
... | - S01E01

When I try to use

ALF
.| - Season 01

Please refer to the Rename Config screen

Notice the 1st 2 dialog boxes are for naming episodes and multi-file episodes

Notice the 3rd dialog box is for naming the Series Folder

Notice the 4th Dialog box is for naming the Season Folder.

You are trying to name the Season Folder inside the Episode Field

Thanks for the reply. But actually that doesn't work either. They are already in a parent folder.
ALF/Season 01/ALF - S01E01 - EpisodeName.mkv.

I want to rename each episode and put them in their individual folders. Like
ALF/Season 01/S01E01/ALF - S01E01 - EpisodeName.mkv
Are there any instructions on using MediaElch to build the Music library, I'm having trouble getting the hang of it. For the record, my music library is all FLAC and organized as:

Artist Name/Album/tracks

All my music is has good tags, but the scraper doesn't seem to find much of anything for many albums, and I'm not talking about esoteric titles that you wouldn't expect to be in the scraper, I'm seeing this artists such as the Allman Brothers.
@niksimpson:

You can manually look up the information on the supported sites, e.g.
http://www.allmusic.com/search/all/Allman%20Brothers
https://fanart.tv/?sect=all&s=Allman+Brothers
http://www.theaudiodb.com/browse.php

There seem to exist fanarts, artist pictures and a description of the band, but I just encountered information for three albums.
That means, you will have to add the information for the existing approx. 20 studio albums manually to MediaElch. For example, I am always adding information from wikipedia, if available.

The whole procedure, editing MP3-Tags and creating the nfo-Files takes me 1 or better say 2 hours for the whole diskography from one artist !
Just to get an impression of the "workload" ;-) If you're a native english speaker you may reduce the time amount, because most of the information is already available in english at the cited sites. If your mother tongue is another one (as in my case), you're searching the internet for hours to get usuable information.
(2016-05-12, 17:17)malvinas2 Wrote: [ -> ]@niksimpson:

You can manually look up the information on the supported sites, e.g.
http://www.allmusic.com/search/all/Allman%20Brothers
https://fanart.tv/?sect=all&s=Allman+Brothers
http://www.theaudiodb.com/browse.php

There seem to exist fanarts, artist pictures and a description of the band, but I just encountered information for three albums.
That means, you will have to add the information for the existing approx. 20 studio albums manually to MediaElch. For example, I am always adding information from wikipedia, if available.

The whole procedure, editing MP3-Tags and creating the nfo-Files takes me 1 or better say 2 hours for the whole diskography from one artist !
Just to get an impression of the "workload" ;-) If you're a native english speaker you may reduce the time amount, because most of the information is already available in english at the cited sites. If your mother tongue is another one (as in my case), you're searching the internet for hours to get usuable information.

After spending some time with it, I'm inclined to think that it's integration with the Universal Music Scraper is bug ridden. I don't believe the UMS has no artist entry for Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and a host of other well known artists. In addition I have to search multiple times (keep hitting return in the search window) until it actually returns data. So, the music library features are useful but seem to need a lot of work.