Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In reference to the complaints above about the renamer... I never really understood this. Why does anyone use this... what it its benefit? If I'm ripping movies or tv shows I simply name the files properly myself when I'm done and put them in their folders. If I download a movie or a tv series... same thing. I go to TVDB or IMDB to get the proper title... and make sure its done perfectly. I can rename a whole tv season in less than 2 minutes using copy and paste and if necessary a tool like Better File Rename (I've used this on thousands of files for batch renaming)...
Sooo, why let something like ME do this?
(2016-07-27, 21:29)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]In reference to the complaints above about the renamer... I never really understood this. Why does anyone use this... what it its benefit? If I'm ripping movies or tv shows I simply name the files properly myself when I'm done and put them in their folders. If I download a movie or a tv series... same thing. I go to TVDB or IMDB to get the proper title... and make sure its done perfectly. I can rename a whole tv season in less than 2 minutes using copy and paste and if necessary a tool like Better File Rename (I've used this on thousands of files for batch renaming)...

I honestly can't figure that one out either. If you rip it yourself, you name it yourself typically. If you don't, typically whatever is "helping" does it for you.
(2016-07-27, 21:29)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]In reference to the complaints above about the renamer... I never really understood this. Why does anyone use this... what it its benefit? If I'm ripping movies or tv shows I simply name the files properly myself when I'm done and put them in their folders. If I download a movie or a tv series... same thing. I go to TVDB or IMDB to get the proper title... and make sure its done perfectly. I can rename a whole tv season in less than 2 minutes using copy and paste and if necessary a tool like Better File Rename (I've used this on thousands of files for batch renaming)...

Some people have extensive libraries - 3000+ movies, and 20,000+ tv episodes. If they are coming to Kodi from another systems with a different naming convention, or they're simply looking to restructure in a new way, then it's 'nice' to have a tool that can help them to do that. Also, it's not always just about the renaming based on the movie / episode name, but the filenames might also include resolution / codec / bitrate etc - again, a tool is helpful.

Of course, the tool doesn't HAVE to be MediaElch it's just nice if it's all in one tool.
Try FileBot. Works great.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Wileyfox Swift met Tapatalk
Filebot is my tool of choice already. Bot perfect, but the best all round solution.
(2016-07-30, 21:56)AnalogKid Wrote: [ -> ]

Some people have extensive libraries - 3000+ movies, and 20,000+ tv episodes. If they are coming to Kodi from another systems with a different naming convention, or they're simply looking to restructure in a new way, then it's 'nice' to have a tool that can help them to do that. Also, it's not always just about the renaming based on the movie / episode name, but the filenames might also include resolution / codec / bitrate etc - again, a tool is helpful.

Of course, the tool doesn't HAVE to be MediaElch it's just nice if it's all in one tool.

That makes sense. I've always stayed with Kodi so never been an issue here! Wink
(2016-07-10, 19:20)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-06, 02:50)Anomander Rake Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an eta on when the music scaping problem will be fixed?

Thanks for a great program!

Any update on above?

Bump. Any hopes to get the music functonality back for ME?
(2016-08-14, 04:17)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Bump. Any hopes to get the music functonality back for ME?

Last I checked the update couple of weeks ago fixed the music functionality (2.4.2)
I could be wrong but its working for me again.
Using Ubuntu Mate MediaElch appears in Others category - its the only program in that category for me. Would it be possible to alter the Categories?
At the moment it is
Code:
Categories=Video;
Changing it to
Code:
Categories=AudioVideo;Audio;Video;
moves MediaElch to the rest of the programs in "Sound & Video" category of the menu.
Hi All,

Wow, what a fantastic program. I just have an issue with scraping Movie sets. See below:

My Settings:

It doesn't give me the option to scrape the set.

Any help is appreciatedHuh
scrape everything from moviedb and see what happens
Thanks Edworld, but that didn't work.
Could anyone please offer some help as to why I'm unable to get images for Movie sets. See above.

I scraped the movies perfectly but it doesn't give me the option to scrape the images for the set.

Maybe someone can explain the procedure for me.Huh

Thank you
I've used MediaElch for several years now (and tell people all the time to use it, instead of Kodi's built in scrapers). But to be honest, I have never been able to figure out the Movie sets within MediaElch.

Since all my Movies are in separate folders, where is the Master info (for a Set) placed? Do I need to create a new folder for the Set (Aliens for example), then move all the Alien Movies (Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien Resurrection, etc) to that set? If this is how it's done, that is a horrible way, as you would always have to move movies around if they decided to make a squeal.

If someone has a detailed walk through of this feature, with examples, that would be awesome.
(2016-09-01, 21:11)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I've used MediaElch for several years now (and tell people all the time to use it, instead of Kodi's built in scrapers). But to be honest, I have never been able to figure out the Movie sets within MediaElch.

Since all my Movies are in separate folders, where is the Master info (for a Set) placed? Do I need to create a new folder for the Set (Aliens for example), then move all the Alien Movies (Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien Resurrection, etc) to that set? If this is how it's done, that is a horrible way, as you would always have to move movies around if they decided to make a squeal.

If someone has a detailed walk through of this feature, with examples, that would be awesome.

Keep everything as normal, each movie it it's own folder etc.
The 'set' is simply a defined by a common 'SET' tag in the NFO file i.e. 'Batman Series' or 'Bourne Trilogy' which allows Kodi to group them in the UI. You can name the 'SET' as you wish, and any movie using the same SET name will be part of that set.

Kodi will use the artwork from one of the movies in the SET when displaying the set on screen. When you choose the set on screen, it will simply then 'expand' the set and show the individual movies in that set.

It's incredibly simple, and there's no need to change a thing in your file structure etc.