Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@bugwelle Thank you. I just stumbled upon this while reorganizing stuff. I learned a lot about absolute path and just using ./ or ../../ and other stuff in enviroments like Linux, OSX, Android, even Windows, and using an absolute path is like breaking stuff really quick and fast in many ways sometimes. For librarys, databases, prorgamparts, yes, they have to be at their respective path, but metadata, that are in the folder of the movie/episode itself, well, only when you outsource the metadata to another drive/folder it would make sense. But well. Ahhhhhh, I start to think to much.... xD

Anyway, I have another problem on my Mac now, MediaElch starts, and when I select TV shows, it direct crashes. What need I do to do to report this, what infos are needed?
I managed to get out of the crash loop...for one time and than ran back into it. I can reproduce it. I deleted the TV show folders in the settings, closed MediaElch and started it again. Added back the folders. Than it worked again. Closing down MediaElch and starting up, selecting TV Shows results in crash again and again and again. Seems very reproducable actually for me.
Is there an issue reguarding the TMDB scraper? it's grabbing all the info requested but it's not downloading the actor thumbnails.
I did a scrape now. 
TMDb sent neither photos of the cast nor poster or fanart. 
And Fanart.tv didn't send either.
I am not sure if anyone is aware but whenever I scan info for my music library, I sometimes get an <allmusic id> written to the NFO file. The problem with this is when I scan my music into Kodi, it never picks up the "review" information from the NFO file, unless I remove that tag. Is there a way to disable the program from using that particular site? Maybe in a future release you can maybe consider that as an option?

Thanks for the work on this program,

Shedrock
TMDb is back in business. 
I think the problem is solved, but I think it's temporary
I don't know how long it will work. 
Here's the explanation from Travis Bell, the boss at TMDb: 
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5d9e76cf...002b43c002
(2019-10-10, 20:04)ticao2 Wrote: [ -> ]TMDb is back in business. 

One more doublepost of your TMDB message and you will be granted a free vacation away from this forum for the next 3 weeks.
I found some weird stuff on MAC OSX again.

I have reorganized my TV shows in a new way and when I want to add them to MediaElch, it won't work.

I have reorganized them in A-Z folders with their shows name as subfolder and in there the season folders i.e.

D/Dragon Ball/S01/S01E01 - title.mkv
F/Fullmetal Alchemist/S01/S01E01 - title.mkv

When I add the root folder where all the a-z folders are in into MediaElch, the scan reads all subfolders and everything, but the V shows only displays letters a-z, not the subfolders with the TV shows name (and all tv shows have nfos in their folders also.)
Do I really need to manually add all a-z folders? Seems I break some logic within MediaElch with the subfolders, but which one?
Thanks for upgrading and maintaining this great app!

But is there an issue reguarding the universal music scraper and Allmusic? It works flawless for artists but i can't get any tags reguarding moods, style and genre for albums...
Hi, is there any plan to add artists banner for the music library?
That would be great... :-)
(2019-10-08, 23:28)trininja Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I may found something.....weird?

I'm about to reorganize my medialibrary and before I do this I check everything to avoid any errors. Since I want to rename and move everything with FileBot, I looked into the generated .nfo's and found something really weird:

<art>
    <poster>/volume1/video/Filme/1990 - 1999/12 Monkeys (1995).tbn</poster>
    <fanart>/volume1/video/Filme/1990 - 1999/12 Monkeys (1995)-fanart.jpg</fanart>
  </art>

Why? Sorry to ask, your MediaElch rocks my life every single day with some small drawbacks (Can we ignore @eaDir by default? It's a folder created by Synology NAS devices by default and generates indexfiles of mediadata inside the mediafolders I use as sources inside MediaElch on OSX).

So yeah, hardlinking a metadata is okay, but why this strict? A simple ./12 Monkeys (1995).tbn would do, or not? And doesn't Kodi use local info first before scrapping online? Especially when we use the Local info scrapper only? Don't get me wrong please, but adding a full blown path to a resource that can move every than and now is not the best way.

Sorry if I offended you. And maybe there is a simple solution, because I don't want to redo all of my 5000+ movie and 27000+ episode files after the reorganization by hand, because I switched a lot of posters and thumbs and logos and fanarts to my likings.... Wink

What kind of special (or ancient) version do you have of MediaElch if it creates a NFO that contains that? Been using it for a long time and never seen anything like it. None of my NFO's have info about any fanart what so ever and tbn hasn't been used since the launch of Frodo(?) so it has to be old.
Just delete the NFO's and rescrape everything except the fanart and you're done assuming the fanart has the same name as the video.
Problem solved.
Think I may have spotted a bug... The last 2.6.2 nightly isn't detecting the audio codec, It's finding the correct channels but codec is completly blank

Also the grey text in the box should label 'codec' not 'Channels'

Text Error
(2019-10-31, 02:59)spong_miester Wrote: [ -> ]Think I may have spotted a bug... The last 2.6.2 nightly isn't detecting the audio codec, It's finding the correct channels but codec is completly blank

Text Error

Hi,

thanks. Could you paste the Developer Information of your MediaElch Installation here? Smile
(in the about dialog)

We've changed some fields for MediaInfo (the library to detect codecs) due to changes in recent versions.

Regards,
Andre
(2019-10-31, 11:07)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-31, 02:59)spong_miester Wrote: [ -> ]Think I may have spotted a bug... The last 2.6.2 nightly isn't detecting the audio codec, It's finding the correct channels but codec is completly blank

Text Error

Hi,

thanks. Could you paste the Developer Information of your MediaElch Installation here? Smile
(in the about dialog)

We've changed some fields for MediaInfo (the library to detect codecs) due to changes in recent versions.

Regards,
Andre  
This?
MediaElch Log

Text Error

Can you check with the latest nightly? I addressed this issue and believe it was fixed some time back.