Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-09-18, 22:24)hammersmith Wrote: [ -> ]i use mediaelch to scrape shows using tvdb mainly to add fanart.
i've set kodi to scrape with tvdb.

now if i want to change the fanart with mediaelch what do i need to do so that kodi uses the new fanart?
Have you saved the fanart to disc, i.e. does it exist next to your movie files?
What Kodi version do you use? Have you set the same version in MediaElch's settings -> Kodi Tab -> Kodi Version?

(2020-09-18, 22:24)hammersmith Wrote: [ -> ]do i need mediaelch to scrape individual episodes or can kodi do that?
what is the proper way to have mediaelch scrape a new series i add to my collection and then have kodi update individual episodes that i later add?
Personally, I use MediaElch to scrape all episodes. Because I set "Local NFO file" in Kodi, I don't know if Kodi would load new episode details.
(2020-09-27, 12:37)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-18, 00:16)gorekhaa Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a brand new french Mediaelch user and first of all I would like to say to the dev team a big THANK YOU for such a piece of softawre !
Especially for the music collection feature with the DISCOGS scraper (MUSICBRAINZ would be great in addition), it will save me a lot of time...

Thanks for your kind words. :-)

(2020-09-18, 00:16)gorekhaa Wrote: [ -> ]So as a features request:
(1) it would be perfect (for a non-english user as I am) to add the TMDB scraper use for the TV shows (the FR support for shows is growing very fast...).
(2) could it be possible to extend the renaming options with <director> placeholder?
(3) and exact height as <resolution> because when trying to rename it writes "SD" (where I usually need 360p/480/720p etc... for resolution)?

(numbers added by me):

(1) Will be added by https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/972
I've been working on that for quite a while. Because it still needs improvements and I hadn't had any time in the last 3 to 4 months, I wasn't able to merge it, yet. But with that change MediaElch will have TMDb support for TV shows as well.

(2) Will be added by https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/1021

(3) SD should only be used for resolutions <480p. The mapping can be found here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/...#L744-L771
Do your movies have correct Streamdetails (see tab Streamdetails)?

Hello,
I will only say one word: "WUNDERBAR !"
It's perfect, thank you so much for such reactivity... !!!
Have a nice day.
How can I scrape the rating of all episodes when selecting multiple tvshows? When I select only the rating checkbox, it does only scrape the rating for the show but not for the episodes. If I choose only a single show, the ratings for all episodes are scraped correctly.
(2020-10-01, 09:15)Slurm Wrote: [ -> ]How can I scrape the rating of all episodes when selecting multiple tvshows? When I select only the rating checkbox, it does only scrape the rating for the show but not for the episodes. If I choose only a single show, the ratings for all episodes are scraped correctly.

Hi,

did you select "Load all episodes" in the scraping dialog? Smile
I don't have that option in the dialog:

Not sure what I'm missing?
(2020-10-05, 12:40)Slurm Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have that option in the dialog:

Not sure what I'm missing?

Oh, my bad! Seems we don't have that in the multi-scrape dialog. As of now you can only select "Update All Episodes" if you scrape a single TV show. Undecided
i have scraped all my movies with mediaelch including custom artwork.
i changed my kodi skin and it gives the option to display the disc art.
i initially didn't scrape for that.
is there a way to bulk scrape the missing disc art for all my movies?
thanks
I'm sorry for asking what seems like such a basic question but I can't find any information on how to do this anywhere.

I use the program on Ubuntu-Mate, mostly just to build nfos for my music video collection.  At some point or another something happened and the left side panel with the listing of all the songs suddenly started displaying in reverse order.  Z-A and the unsorted items, without any nfo files at the end.  It used to be A-Z with the unsorted or new items at the top.  How can I change this back to the way it used to be?  I literally cannot find anything that shows how to set the sort order.

Any assistance would be appreciated here!
(2020-10-09, 19:16)hammersmith Wrote: [ -> ]i have scraped all my movies with mediaelch including custom artwork.
i changed my kodi skin and it gives the option to display the disc art.
i initially didn't scrape for that.
is there a way to bulk scrape the missing disc art for all my movies?
thanks

Select all movies, click the scrape button (Ctrl+F), check only CD art and click Start Scraping.
(2020-10-11, 03:25)inzzzomnia Wrote: [ -> ]Select all movies, click the scrape button (Ctrl+F), check only CD art and click Start Scraping.

thanks !!
How can I switch from The TV DB to IMDB for Rating only?

I've changed the setting for TV Scraper, but it doesn't scrape from IMDB. I've tried various settings like "Update TV Show and all Episodes" and also "Update all episodes", it only scrapes the Rating from The TV DB.
Okay, I'm one step further. All episodes that won't get scraped don't have an imdb id. If I enter the id manually, I also get the rating. So, is there a way to automatically get the id for those episodes?
I just discovered MediaElch. I am having trouble with the theme. I am running a dark theme on KDE Neon (Arc Dark). When I open MediaElch, all of the setting windows and left side navigation bar inherit the global skin and look great. There is one major problem however. The main window and the top navigation bar seems to be stuck on a bright off white/slightly yellowish colour. Because 100% of my OS and all my other apps are dark when I open MediaElch it pains my eyes.

I can't find any way to change this, is there a setting? If the main window could inherit the dark colour scheme like the settings window does it would be a perfect app but if it is hard coded to this bright white I won't be able to use it. I hope there is a solution, have anyone else experienced this?
Topic: renaming tv shows

I have been using MediaElch for some time to scrape movies and it works very well. But now I'm trying to use it for renaming tv shows and I can't get it to work. I have a single dir with all episodes of a multi season show. MediaElch will succesfully rename the dir to <showtitle> but refuses to do anything else (create season dirs, rename episode files). All episode files have proper numbering (s01e01 etc). I do not understand what I'm doing wrong.

(2020-10-19, 18:42)Slurm Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I'm one step further. All episodes that won't get scraped don't have an imdb id. If I enter the id manually, I also get the rating. So, is there a way to automatically get the id for those episodes?

The ID should be scraped from TheTvDb... I'll make sure that it works with the next MediaElch version (I hope so at least). :-)