Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-03-05, 18:17)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 00:55)Kallita Wrote: [ -> ]I am thinking that would be an improvement, and appreciated. Smile
It is definitely a first world problem so no rush on it.
thanks for your time and the program.
Me

Will be implemented by https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/1244 :-)
The next MediaElch version will have this feature.

Thanks for that. Looking forward to the next release. Smile
Me
(2021-03-04, 00:31)Tstrbl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks for MediaElch, I use it all the time.
Just a few questions.
1. Can I search other fields apart from the title field?
For example, I'd like to search all films by genre or director etc.
2. Can I batch change field entries? For example, could I ask MediaElch to replace 'samurai' with 'chanbara' for every film?
Thanks

Hi,

1) yes, the search (top right) should give a list of genres that you can select. See https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-do...vie-filter (added just now)

2) No, that's not possible and not planned for MediaElch at the moment. Smile
(2021-03-03, 03:11)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to download the thumbnails as well? I see them listed in the nfo file but don't see an option to download and store them.

Hi,

what thumbnails do you refer to? One movie thumb should be downloaded. :-)

(2021-03-03, 03:11)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]Another question - if I scrape a single movie I am shown a list of matches. So if there's a mismatch I can pick a different one. But if I scrape multiple movies, its not shown. Does it pick the 1st match in this case? Is there a way to verify whats picked?

If the "multi movie scraper" is used, the first movie that listed is used. There is currently no way to verify that the correct movie was scraped. You will need to got through all scraped movies (which are still marked "unsafed") to verify them.

(2021-03-03, 03:11)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]And after scraping/saving metadata, is there a way to change the scraper/options etc and repeat? The movie disappears from the list after its saved.

The movie does not disappear but is moved to the end of the movie list. The default sort order is "new first" which means all movies without a NFO file are listed first. When a movie is scraped and saved, it has a NFO and is moved to the end of the list. Smile
To you mean that or is there another issue?

Regards,
Andre
(2021-03-07, 01:22)davidqvist Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

I know this seems so basic that it's almost embarrassing to ask for, but in regards to music scraping I simply cannot get MediaElch to work as I imagined it would work (edit: I thought it would read the tags already in the mp3 files, so that I don't have to go through everything again).

- All my MP3 files are tagged with Picard - ID3Tag v2.4.
- They are stored in Music/Artist/Album/Song.mp3
- MediaElch 2.8.6
- Windows 10

However, after adding the folders that contain music (in settings), and loading the files into MediaElch, there is absolutely no information to be found in any of the tag fields. All the music is detected, but all the tags are missing. I just don't get it. And searching for hours has not gotten me any closer to figuring this out. Which also suggests that I'm doing something wrong that everyone else just gets right away... But what is it??

If you can help me out or just point me in the right direction, it will be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

I'm sorry but the "music" of MediaElch is very limited. We do _not_ support ID3 or similar tags at the moment.
That would take a lot of time, which I do not have at the moment. Undecided

MediaElch is limited to NFO files.
(2021-03-08, 19:38)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-07, 01:22)davidqvist Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

I know this seems so basic that it's almost embarrassing to ask for, but in regards to music scraping I simply cannot get MediaElch to work as I imagined it would work (edit: I thought it would read the tags already in the mp3 files, so that I don't have to go through everything again).

- All my MP3 files are tagged with Picard - ID3Tag v2.4.
- They are stored in Music/Artist/Album/Song.mp3
- MediaElch 2.8.6
- Windows 10

However, after adding the folders that contain music (in settings), and loading the files into MediaElch, there is absolutely no information to be found in any of the tag fields. All the music is detected, but all the tags are missing. I just don't get it. And searching for hours has not gotten me any closer to figuring this out. Which also suggests that I'm doing something wrong that everyone else just gets right away... But what is it??

If you can help me out or just point me in the right direction, it will be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

I'm sorry but the "music" of MediaElch is very limited. We do _not_ support ID3 or similar tags at the moment.

Ah cool, that makes sense. I just had the wrong expectations - and I couldn't find any information on whether ID3 tags were supported or not. I will just extract the NFO's and then use MediaElch afterwards. Awesome. Thanks for your reply and have a great day. Smile
(2021-03-08, 19:33)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-03, 03:11)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to download the thumbnails as well? I see them listed in the nfo file but don't see an option to download and store them.

Hi,

what thumbnails do you refer to? One movie thumb should be downloaded. :-)
(2021-03-03, 03:11)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]Another question - if I scrape a single movie I am shown a list of matches. So if there's a mismatch I can pick a different one. But if I scrape multiple movies, its not shown. Does it pick the 1st match in this case? Is there a way to verify whats picked?

If the "multi movie scraper" is used, the first movie that listed is used. There is currently no way to verify that the correct movie was scraped. You will need to got through all scraped movies (which are still marked "unsafed") to verify them.
(2021-03-03, 03:11)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]And after scraping/saving metadata, is there a way to change the scraper/options etc and repeat? The movie disappears from the list after its saved.

The movie does not disappear but is moved to the end of the movie list. The default sort order is "new first" which means all movies without a NFO file are listed first. When a movie is scraped and saved, it has a NFO and is moved to the end of the list. Smile

Regards,
Andre

Thank you very much for your reply. 
Quote:what thumbnails do you refer to? One movie thumb should be downloaded. :-)
the nfo file has lots of thumbnails. I'd like them all to be downloaded into 'extrafanart' or 'extrathumbs' folder if possible. But this is not a big deal. I do see one thumbnail is downloaded.
Quote:The movie does not disappear but is moved to the end of the movie list. The default sort order is "new first" which means all movies without a NFO file are listed first. When a movie is scraped and saved, it has a NFO and is moved to the end of the list. Smile
Sorry, I didn't realize this as I had lots of movies and didn't scroll to end of the list. It makes perfect sense.
(2021-03-08, 19:38)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-07, 01:22)davidqvist Wrote: [ -> ]...

Hi,

Hi mate,

Just curious. Any advice on what software would I use to generate these nfo files? (my music is all self ripped over the years but I never kept logs)

thanks
(2021-03-12, 05:35)iLurk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mate,

Just curious. Any advice on what software would I use to generate these nfo files? (my music is all self ripped over the years but I never kept logs)

thanks

Hi,

sorry, I don't know of any. Maybe TMM ( https://www.tinymediamanager.org/features/ ) supports this.
I never required such feature, that's why I haven't looked into it.

See also https://kodi.wiki/view/Supplemental_tools
That list may have a useful tool.

Regards,
Andre
(2021-03-12, 09:47)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-12, 05:35)iLurk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mate,

thanks

Hi,

sorry, I don't know of any. Maybe TMM ( https://www.tinymediamanager.org/features/ ) supports this.
I never required such feature, that's why I haven't looked into it.

See also https://kodi.wiki/view/Supplemental_tools
That list may have a useful tool.

Regards,
Andre
Unfortunately through my meager research, it looks like MediaElch is the only supplementary tool that deals with music.
Thanks for your response though and appreciate your team's work.
Hi @bugwelle 

OK I think i'm getting the hang of it now. Just have one more question.

My files are named in this structure
Artist
-- Artist - Album (Year)
----song.flac

When I'm scraping the album, is there a way for me to ignore the Artist & year?

For example in a case like this...

The scraper doesn't recognize the album unless I remove the artist name and year.
I've looked in the settings and documentation but couldn't see anything obvious.

Your assistance is appreciated
(2021-03-12, 16:34)iLurk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bugwelle 

Artist
-- Artist - Album (Year)
----song.flac

The scraper doesn't recognize the album unless I remove the artist name and year.
I've looked in the settings and documentation but couldn't see anything obvious.

Hi,

no, that's not possible at the moment. I've added a backlog item here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1253
Smile
(2021-03-12, 17:19)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-12, 16:34)iLurk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bugwelle 

Artist
-- Artist - Album (Year)
----song.flac

Hi,

no, that's not possible at the moment. I've added a backlog item here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1253
Smile

Thank you for the response and I look forward to seeing it implemented.

have a great weekend
(2021-03-05, 17:17)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-26, 22:46)Bungee_G Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, so I tried to add poster and fanarts to some movies set but on Kodi , the movie sets and the name are displayed but not the posters and fanarts, why ? The file names of the posters and fanarts scraped with medialch are baseFileName -fanart.jpg and baseFileName -poster.jpg

All of the movies of one movie set are in the same folder

Hi,

thanks for letting me know. I will have to do a proper Kodi-compatibility check. I'm unsure what the problem may be. :/
Please refer to https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1243 for the status of this issue. Smile

Hello, okay thanks, in the link you sent it is written « Posters/Fanart scraped by MediaElch not shown in Kodi » but you forgot to mention that it only happen with sets (movie sets)
Also, have you tried to reproduce the issue ?
I may have done something wrong
Hi guys.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between "Year" and "Release Date" in the music section?
When I scrape albums, release date always gets populated but "Year" is left blank

thanks
(2021-03-14, 12:00)ripjack Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between "Year" and "Release Date" in the music section?
When I scrape albums, release date always gets populated but "Year" is left blank

thanks

Hi,

I can't answer that question. This was implemented by @Komet 6 years ago. I can't find anything in the Kodi documentation as well... Undecided