Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-06-04, 21:25)hammersmith Wrote: [ -> ]when i scrape my tv shows, about half of them have a blue star to the left of the shows and half don't.
what's with the blue star?
both blue starred and non-blue starred shows work fine with kodi set to scan for local content.
how to do i resolve this?
The Blue star to the left indicates a TV Show or movie that is considered to be "New" by Mediaelch. 
The program will scan the directories/files at start, and if it doesn't find an ".nfo" file that matches what it thinks is the title of the media file it will mark it as a new file and mark it with the blue star for easy identification.
This allows you to go through and find all the new stuff and scrape/scan/download whatever is missing from your catalogue of media files.
When you hit the "Save" button Mediaelch will then save the downloaded information into the folder of the media file.
Kodi is able to work with media files that do not have ".nfo" by doing an internal scan and adding the files to its own library, but will not save ".nfo" or the pictures that go with the media files into the media folders unless you ask it to specifically. IE "export library".
To get rid of the blue star you would have to do a scan/scrape/load information(down arrow button on the upper left) - and save(upper second button for individual or third button for multiple files)- of the media files that are considered new by Mediaelch.
Me
I have been playing with the newest stable version for a little while now and can say it is nice that it is pretty much working. Rofl

I have found a couple of tiny things that I will mention at a later date, but wanted to ask for a change with something that is visually difficult for me.
Although I do not mind the new icon set per se I am having trouble with the smaller icons that indicate if the nfo clear logo dvd etc are present.
I am red green colour blind, and am finding that the icons are of a size and colour set that I am unable to differentiate between the red ones and the green ones.
I was thinking of changing the "red" to "black" on those smaller icons or something like that to make them more distinct.
anyways thanks for the program and your time.
Just  Me  and my old eyes.
Hi, I am using MediaElch in docker (masonxx/mediaelch:latest) and I wonder if it is possible to use an advancedsettings.xml. Does anyone have a similar setup and knows where to put the xml file? I've already tried these paths:
Code:
/config/xdg/config/kvibes/  <-- this is where the MediaElch.conf is too
/config/xdg/data/kvibes/MediaElch
/home/mediaelch/.config/kvibes/
/home/mediaelch/.config/kvibes/MediaElch/

What I am trying to do is add "A" and "An" to the list of sort tokens, as well as add "^@Recycle$" to the excluded folders.
With the advancedsettings.xml file put at the places mentioned, I do not notice any change, so I guess the file is not taken into account.

There is no
Code:
~/.local/share/kvibes/MediaElch
as stated in the wiki.
(2021-07-06, 23:11)MaxMustermann Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am using MediaElch in docker (masonxx/mediaelch:latest) and I wonder if it is possible to use an advancedsettings.xml. Does anyone have a similar setup and knows where to put the xml file? I've already tried these paths:
Code:
/config/xdg/config/kvibes/  <-- this is where the MediaElch.conf is too
/config/xdg/data/kvibes/MediaElch
/home/mediaelch/.config/kvibes/
/home/mediaelch/.config/kvibes/MediaElch/

What I am trying to do is add "A" and "An" to the list of sort tokens, as well as add "^@Recycle$" to the excluded folders.
With the advancedsettings.xml file put at the places mentioned, I do not notice any change, so I guess the file is not taken into account.

There is no
Code:
~/.local/share/kvibes/MediaElch
as stated in the wiki.

Hi, MediaElch (through the framework Qt) uses the XDG folder specification. Try to put the xml file next to the database file. i don't know where that is in the Docker image but if you open the "About" dialog and go to "developer info" you should see where the database file is stored.

I currently do not have a lot of time as I'm writing my master's thesis. Just in case someone is wondering why I'm not answering sooner. Smile

Regards,
Andre
(2021-07-11, 17:25)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]I currently do not have a lot of time as I'm writing my master's thesis. Just in case someone is wondering why I'm not answering sooner. Smile

Regards,
AndreGood luck!
(2021-07-11, 17:25)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]I currently do not have a lot of time as I'm writing my master's thesis. Just in case someone is wondering why I'm not answering sooner. Smile

Regards,
Andre
Viel Erfolg, auch beim Kolloquium!
Hello all!

Haven't used MediaElch in a while and today when I tried starting it, I get the below - a core dump.
I'm using the PPA currently, but also tried the appimage with the same result.
Mediaelch was running before on my Ubuntu 20.04 workstation with no problems.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong?
Thanks.

Command output at link below:
utamijokef.kodi (paste)

And this is from /var/log/apport.log:
uxadayoxum.kodi (paste)
(2021-07-26, 12:34)adrian_vg Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all!

Haven't used MediaElch in a while and today when I tried starting it, I get the below - a core dump.

Thanks.

utamijokef.kodi (paste)

hmmm... Didn't see a crash in a long time...

How did you install MediaElch, do you use the AppImage or the PPA? Are you still running Ubuntu 20? Smile
(2021-07-26, 12:37)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

utamijokef.kodi (paste)

How did you install MediaElch, do you use the AppImage or the PPA? Are you still running Ubuntu 20? Smile

Previously while it was working I used the PPA.

I tested with the appimage instead, but got the same result.

Now I'm back with the PPA after reinstalling from PPA.

Yupp, still on Ubuntu 20.04! :-)
Quote:root@lanfear2:/var/log# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Release:        20.04
Codename:       focal
For what it's worth I use KDE and the OS is otherwise pretty much plain vanilla.
(2021-07-26, 12:37)bugwelle Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

utamijokef.kodi (paste)

Oo
Umm. Now it works. No coredump. Mediaelch shows up as expected. 
WT* happened and why does it work now??

I didn't do anything to the computer after shutting down a few days ago and after having run into the core dump.
Is there any way to sort out media that is missing artwork? I use Radar/Sonarr for generate the .nfo and because of that, MediaElch does not mark anything with a star so I have to manually find new stuff and scrape it.
Just updated to Debian Bullseye and can no longer build MediaElch!!
The build fails with "No rule to make target '../data/img/trash_white.png', needed by 'qrc_MediaElch.cpp'.  Stop."
On Buster I'd get an error about missing the trash_white.png but the system ignored it and finished the build. It ran with no hiccups. A bit lost here.

(Hows your thesis coming along?)
Fixed it by recloning the code. Works great again!
Quick couple of questions / assistance;
1) how do I set up for movie sets that are arranged as per Movie_set_information_folder (wiki) I can't seem to get MediaElch to recognise the artwork I have saved! 
2) how do I get ME to recognise that I have fanarts (and character posters?) in the main movie folder as opposed to a sub-folder??
3) in music, is there a way to get ME to ignore the information folder that kodi generates as part of Artist_information_folder (wiki)

Any suggestions on what am I missing to these please??

Thanks

Pete