Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Red and italic means the movie has unsaved changes.
This happens if you manually change fields, scrape infos or the streamdetails are (re)loaded.
(2012-11-12, 23:33)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Red and italic means the movie has unsaved changes.
This happens if you manually change fields, scrape infos or the streamdetails are (re)loaded.

Hmmmm - but the movie titles changed after clicking to another movie title without change anything? Huh But ... hmmmm ... is MediaElch loading stream details automatically if clicking on a movie title in the movie list, if you don't change the standard option "Streamdetails automatisch laden und speichern"? Eek
Codec info and audio info don`t show up. Nor the watced status

Almost everything I have is .iso or .img files.

Or else this program looks very nice and clean.

Thanks. :-)

(info: XBMC have exported .nfo files for every movie in each folder for each movie)
@Komet
New version 'MediaElch 1.2 for Ubuntu 12.04 amd64' fixed my problem - ME no longer instantly crashes when clicking on TVShow or Movie title.

Thanks again for your great work for this Linux compatible Media Manager.
(2012-11-12, 23:52)newsilentsilver Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmmm - but the movie titles changed after clicking to another movie title without change anything? Huh But ... hmmmm ... is MediaElch loading stream details automatically if clicking on a movie title in the movie list, if you don't change the standard option "Streamdetails automatisch laden und speichern"? Eek

That's right. If you check "Load stream details automatically" the stream details are loaded when you select a movie in the list (if the nfo does not already contain infos about stream details). Maybe that's why your movies are marked as "changed" after you click on them.
You can disable this automatic loading in the settings but then you have to hit the button "Reload stream details" on your own.
(2012-11-13, 01:50)pettergulbra Wrote: [ -> ]Codec info and audio info don`t show up. Nor the watced status

Almost everything I have is .iso or .img files.

Or else this program looks very nice and clean.

Thanks. :-)

(info: XBMC have exported .nfo files for every movie in each folder for each movie)

Can you check the existing nfo if it contains "<streamdetails>" and things like "<playcount>" and "<lastplayed>" or "<watched>"?

libstreaminfo could not read .iso or .img files and that's why MediaElch is also not able to show you the streamdetails.
(2012-11-11, 13:49)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@George: Yes, I'll add it.

Thanks! Great tool!

Looks like the 1.2 version chokes on the ISO files on my NAS. It just shows a spinning icon and hangs (mac version).
(2012-11-13, 11:16)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check the existing nfo if it contains "<streamdetails>" and things like "<playcount>" and "<lastplayed>" or "<watched>"?

libstreaminfo could not read .iso or .img files and that's why MediaElch is also not able to show you the streamdetails.

OK, so lib stream is the problem. Then the program. Then I think there is no stream reader that can do this...
I haven`t found anything yet....
(2012-11-13, 12:06)George Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the 1.2 version chokes on the ISO files on my NAS. It just shows a spinning icon and hangs (mac version).

Try to disable the automatic loading of stream details.
(2012-11-13, 12:23)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-13, 12:06)George Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the 1.2 version chokes on the ISO files on my NAS. It just shows a spinning icon and hangs (mac version).

Try to disable the automatic loading of stream details.

That helped, thanks.
Version 1.2 works great so far. No more crashes on (K)Ubuntu.
Thanks for your great work!
---
amd64 - Kubuntu 12.10
is perfet tool...can you add banner for movies?and download youtube trailer for movie suport?thx
Hi Komet,
thanks for 1.2 some great new features and small nice tweaks.

As far as i can see the multipart episode didn't make it into 1.2, would be great to see this somewhere in the near future.
i switched of automatic reload of strem details ( not sure how you handle this on bdmv structures, but looking at my workflow here i got a small problem with it.
procedure :
if you change a genre ( delete rename or change a FSK entry which contains only a couple of movies ( <10 ) and merge it to an existing entry, it looks like all entries of the "target" genre/fsk will be re-saved, even if there were no changes.
is that true ? and if so what's the reason for doing that ?
if my observation is wrong pls correct me.
Best Regards
Linus
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou! Have been waiting for a nice Mac app for ages so I can stop RDPing to my server to use EMM! Keep up the good work Smile
One thing I think would be great is that from my (so far limited) use of this, I believe that everything that is new is sorted ahead of everything else in my MediaElch list (so sort by IsNew then Name) or something along those lines right?

I've just edited a huge stack of my new movies and having saved them, they've gone from red to black, but they still say *NEW*. It would be good if when you've saved a movie it also sets the movie as not new so as to drop into the main list - you therefore just have a list of yet to be scraped movies a the top. Have I explained myself ok? I know this will probably split opinions as it'll be a preference thing, but thought I'd contribute Wink
@T4FF: Interesting. It should already work the way you would prefer. The word "new" should go away after saving and the movies should be sorted within the other movies. Does it work if your restart MediaElch (or just hit "Reload")?

@Linusorg: Multipart episodes will come but don't ask when Wink I need to check the merge/saving genre thing but this will be improved.