Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all! I previously used to use EmberMM but lately it hasn't been scraping. So I decided to give MediaElch a shot, and it looks like a pretty good scraping software. Nice interface, and easy to scrape.

I've only noticed that I've found lots of duplicates listed within the Movies list

Is there a way I could fix this ?

Hi Xonnie,
i got the same thing here ( lots of duplicates ), it went away after i disabled "use local chaching" in the preferences. Might be a sideeffect of deep scanning ( deselecting movie in single directory ), but at least it works.

@Komet:
Sorry a small idea for supporting other mediaplayers:
its great that you can actually choose additional files to be stored, but it would be perfect if you could also modify the location of the files.
f.e. popcornhour expect fanart and poster on the same directory level as BDMV, VIDEO_TS where the naming should be <baseMoviename>.*
having a chance to store the files in relation to the default path aka "../<baseMoviename>.fanart.jpg" would be perfect

in addition to that most of them take conent based on the imdb id ( which you already store in the nfo )

Thanks for listiing
Linus

I have just downloaded MediaElch and have been very impressed so far, I am currently using both EmberMedia Manager and <meta>browser as neither product does exactly what I need I can see that MediaElch is close to being able to replace both except for the below missing features:-

(1) rename of folders and files to match movie data, preferably with variables to allow personal naming structures

(2) ability to download trailers to local directory

I have a Mac and Windows machine and would prefer to use my Mac so with the above this would be best of everything, I see you have file renames on your roadmap any idea as to when this would be? Any plans to add trailer downloading?
Just want to let you know that I have tested it and is very happy with the tool. It rocks and is fast and works !! Smile

One comment about the duplicate files that some might see... for me, I just choose the setting "Sep. Folders" and it worked for me. But I have a different work flow from others perhaps.. I only used my Windows PC to do the "scraping" and then move the completed directory (with fanart, posters, NFO etc) to the NAS.

I do have this directory in my PC as follow

Movies
-> Archived

I drop my "un-processed" directory (containing the movie) into the Movies directory. The archived contains the backup of the "processed" movies. I do get the duplicate files. However, once I choose the "Sep. Folders", I only see my unprocessed directory which is what I want.

Anyway, it works for me.

Another feedback is that Ember Media Manager has a "Plot Outline" as well as a "Plot". While as this app only has a "Overview". Not sure which one XBMC reads but I will try and let you know Smile
(tested and it worked fine on my skin)

GREAT JOB Smile

@Linusorg: Nice idea but this would require more config options because you don't want to save these files for every movie, maybe just for on source or type of media (just for BDMV structures maybe). Basically I'm concentrating on XBMC for now.

@asharak: Both features are already on the roadmap Smile But not for the next (1.3) release, expect them later.

@civicguy: MediaElch currently writes the plot/overview/whatever to the <plot> and <outline> tag in the nfo. XBMC uses <plot> but as far as i know there are some skins which are also using <outline>. I don't know which skins this are and if there is a difference between plot and outline..

@all: Caching will get a big rewrite with the next release. This should also eliminate these duplicate entries.

Komet, do you have any plans to support TV Show scraping via the command line?
(2012-11-16, 20:32)jwdempsey Wrote: [ -> ]Komet, do you have any plans to support TV Show scraping via the command line?
Not really. I have this in mind but there are too much other things to do right now.

(2012-11-15, 13:11)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@T4FF: Interesting. It should already work the way you would prefer. The word "new" should go away after saving and the movies should be sorted within the other movies. Does it work if your restart MediaElch (or just hit "Reload")?

Just updated a few more movies tonight and noticed it worked, must've had a funny five minutes Wink again, keep up the good work!
Komet, it´s possible download extrafanarts or extrathumbs? if yes, how?

Your program is great, good job.
Komet, I've found something that may already have been pointed out but it's late and I haven't got time to wade through the whole thread sorry! I've just kicked off a load of movies scraping and I've got a number of "download missing actor images" status messages on the screen. The only problem with these, is I can't get at the fanart / posters behind them! I wanted to edit some of the first that have completed their scrape but I can't manipulate the screen so that the images come from behind the messages Tongue
Just gave this program a try to compare to Ember and I like it a lot!!

An issue I noticed, but not huge. My blu-ray rips aren't showing the HD icon in XBMC. They have all been ripped with MakeMKV, the only difference is some show the codec as Microsoft, H.264 and v_mpeg2. They all have the same resolution and scan type.

(2012-11-16, 10:20)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Xonnie,
i got the same thing here ( lots of duplicates ), it went away after i disabled "use local chaching" in the preferences. Might be a sideeffect of deep scanning ( deselecting movie in single directory ), but at least it works.

Thanks heaps!
Love your Program So Far!!!

(2012-11-16, 16:15)civicguy Wrote: [ -> ]Another feedback is that Ember Media Manager has a "Plot Outline" as well as a "Plot". While as this app only has a "Overview". Not sure which one XBMC reads but I will try and let you know Smile

One skin i can think of atm is Cirrus Extended, and i think Rapier too and i know there are a few others. Its often for Skin that dont want to show too much Info (like FanArt View) thus it uses <outline>. The Plot outline is Often only a sentence or two long But when you bring up the movie Info, the Plot field is filled with <Plot> and if the more detailed version.

This is prob a big reason why i still use EMM, otherwise id have to manually edit / add it all in. I would love a Media tool that was Able to scrap / fill these field separately for me! Unfortunately im not too sure HOW EMM does this atm. I do know that When no <outline> is Avalible it will use <Plot> instead Huh
1. Maybe i've overseen something, but how can I create a movieset in ME?

2. I've got some TV-Series with german umlauts in it. They are named incorrectly. If i correct it manually and click "save" all is OK until I open ME the next time. Then all names are incorrect as before. Is this a known behaviour?
@soxism: I'll have a look into this. As I don't know any scraper who supports a separate "outline" I think it's enough to automatically generate it. Maybe another textfield in MediaElch will be too much.

@Solo0815:
1. Select a movie and type something in the "Set" field. I know it would be better if there is also an option to create a set in the movie set widget, but this will come later.
2. No, not known till now. Where are those incorrect characters? In the plot, or the show title or filenames? Which OS do you use, Windows?