Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Outline can be edited in "extended" view.
Trailer handling will be improved Smile
@Eisi2005: Currently MediaElch uses imdbapi.org which doesn't provide the Top 250 :/
Thanks, seems nice. Unfortunately too many glitches for me for now. I'm using 1.3 version on MacOSX 10.6.8.
  1. There is no support for username/password protected web interface.
  2. Applying search results from scraper crashes too often. Backtrace seems to be the same every time - http://pastebin.com/NK6n9fLr
  3. There is a bug that messes up metadata with no reason.
    • Have two new movies in the library.
    • Search for metadata from scraper for one, submit and save.
    • Now if you click on other movie (actually seems that it doesn't matter whether it's new or not), metadata from previous movie is applied to this as well.
I hope there is not many more issue like these Wink.
Just tried MediaElch for the first time and I really like it. It definitely has a lot of potential. Really dig the GUI so far. Couple requests:

1. Would you add an option to scrape the entire cast from IMDB? Right now ME is scraping just the cast listed on the intial movie page which is a partial listing only showing the first 15 actors. I strongly prefer the full cast because sometimes important cast is not included on the first page. For example, Lord of the Rings excludes many main characters/actors from the main page.

2. Would it be feasible to have the scraper settings use multiple scrapers at once. For example, have it so I can set it to scrape the title, rating, actors and certification from IMDb, but scrape the tagline, director, poster and backdrop from TMDB all with one press of the search button?

3. If not, could you at least set it so that it will save the checked "Infos to load" for each scraper so we don't have to keep re-checking them when using multiple scrapers on the same movie?

4. Would you add an option to only use a specific country for the Countries field rather than all than list all the countries it finds?

5. Not trying to nag at all, but I just wanted to remind you in case you forgot about the option to use the actual run time of the file as seen by MediaInfo for the duration field.

Thanks for all the hard work and time you've put into this and for making it available for free!

EDIT: I also just noticed that it doesn't appear to be reading the <votes></votes> tag from XML's that were created by Ember.
+1 for the ability to scrape with 2 scrappers at once, would be a really nice features. Pulling the IMDB votes from IMDB and the rest from the TheTVDB is what i would like to do, but with one push of a button.

The rest of the app has been perfect for me, no crashes, smooth as butter.
This is really turning into a nice bit of software, I'm already liking it more than media companion or ember. Thanks for all of the great work!! A couple of questions:

Are there any plans to add a <tag> field to keep up with Frodo? Love this new feature but don't like using xbmc to tag my files.

How about <displayseason> and <displayepisode> for TV episodes? This is something xbmc has been able to scrape for a while, but I haven't seen it with any media managers. It's a great way to keep some of the odd "Specials" episodes in continuity, and could MediaElch ahead of the competition.

(2012-07-17, 20:24)Komet Wrote: [ -> ][*]Editable outline in movies

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ADDING THIS!!!!

Did you get my info about, how the IMDB scraper scrapes the outline text?

(2012-12-09, 10:28)GreenEyez Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for the ability to scrape with 2 scrappers at once, would be a really nice features. Pulling the IMDB votes from IMDB and the rest from the TheTVDB is what i would like to do, but with one push of a button.

I agree with this, as it would Help with things like Scraping the Outline as IMDB supports it, but TheMovieDB does not.

But once again, thankyou For adding the editable field Komet, save me opening up the NFO's manually now and adding them, and allows me to keep using your wonderful program.

My apologies if this feature request has been given before, but searching the thread I could not find reference to it.

For TV shows specifically, It'd be wonderful to have the option to flag it as being in "DVD Order" for terms of scraping.

Specifically for shows like Firefly, which aired in an order different than that of the DVD/Bluray releases (and honestly, imo, a prefered order), this would be a wonderful tool.

Otherwise, absolutely brilliant tool thus far, and thank you for the work on it.
(2012-12-04, 18:16)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-30, 15:47)NorDemoniac Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible in the future to make MediaElch update the XBMC library, but still use XMLs? So that if I change a movie poster, XBMC will automatically get it?
It's one of the things I'm planning to implement. But I need to check the json rpc webservice and what's the best way to make XBMC reload the nfo. Any help is appreciated!
(2012-12-01, 22:24)NorDemoniac Wrote: [ -> ]Another quick question:

Why does my MediaElch search for movies/shows two times?

First the one which is listing the movies as it searches through, then just a bar where it says "searching for movies".

It takes about 10-15 minutes to start MediaElch here. Is that normal?
It's OK, I rarely run it more than once a week, just wondering if I've messed up the settings.

Again - Loving MediaElch more each time I use it!

It's not really searching two times. On the first run MediaElch is searching for your movies/shows/concerts and when the progress bar starts to increase MediaElch is loading the contents from the found nfos of the items.
This behaviour changes a little bit with the 1.3 relase. MediaElch then stores the contents of your directories and doesn't need to reload everything everytime. But if you added some items to your directories you have to hit the "Reload" button. You can also set an option to reload the contents of some of your directories on each start. Check the news about it: http://mediaelch.kvibes.net/mediaelch-database/

Thanks for your replies!
The development is excellent! All I'm missing now is a automatic search every 1 hour, once a day etc.
It would be nice to automatically update all TV-shows, but choose season poster/show poster/banner myself. As for movies, I like to manually add a nice cover + art.

Of course if MediaElch is able to update the library and artwork, it doesn't matter if it grabs all the art automatically, because if I want to change it, it can be easily done via MediaElch, and then automatically updated in the XBMC library.

Something like that would be awesome - A possibility of moving the episodes to their correct folders (on a network share from my server f.ex.), and within a set time period, it would suddenly be available on my HTPC, ready to watch with all artwork.
Thank you so much for this addition to my movie and tv-series collection. I have been looking for something like this to get rid of the old I was using, and this is it.

I was wondering where a few of my movies had gone, when I realized that it was all the my dvd-images. Is this right, that ME doesn't see these as movies?

If it has been asked before I apologize, but dvd, iso, img is all 3 letter words and limit is 4 for searching Wink
So far, I gotta say: awesome! Special extra +1 for a native Linux version, you don't know how i was sick of booting a VM just to manage my movies.

The good:
- it's beautiful
- it's fast (like one bazillion times faster than emm in a XP VM)

The kinda bad:
- it sometimes segfaults on my ubuntu 12.04 machine
- seriously, the icon will win no prices, auch wenn ich die Elch Idee mag.
- During scanning, the close-button has no effect.

The wishlist:
- please make the rightmost "column" with the poster/fanart/icon wider, if the window gets wide enough (or with a switch), so that i dont have to click the small circle icon above to switch between the two views. My monitor is 1600 pixels wide, there's plenty of space.
- please let me exclude a folder. I have a subfolder in movies for documentaries, I dont want to scrape these.
- please let me exclude a folder by sth like "is named sample". A lot of my movies appear twice because of that.
- please please please, let me put a movie in 2 different moviesets as in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103441

tone
Hi Komet,
thanks for 1.3 and it looks very good. IMDB is a great thing (even if it just get the english plot).
Speaking about imdb: i just had some test there and it look like if it comes to special charsets like 'ยด`or german umlauts it wouldnt find the movie.

New cache function really speed things up, but in my case several Movies got missed, so i turned on the reread for every folder i had in config.
how can i provide you here with some debug info or do you already found some hickups during filescan ?
(reread the filestructure during start takes ages so i would love to use this new feature :-) )
(2012-12-09, 20:45)Toonses Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any plans to add a <tag> field to keep up with Frodo? Love this new feature but don't like using xbmc to tag my files.

How about <displayseason> and <displayepisode> for TV episodes? This is something xbmc has been able to scrape for a while, but I haven't seen it with any media managers. It's a great way to keep some of the odd "Specials" episodes in continuity, and could MediaElch ahead of the competition.

Tag field is on the roadmap and I also added displayseason and displayepisode.
(2012-12-08, 12:28)ytime Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. There is no support for username/password protected web interface.

Already added Smile
(2012-12-09, 03:46)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]3. If not, could you at least set it so that it will save the checked "Infos to load" for each scraper so we don't have to keep re-checking them when using multiple scrapers on the same movie?

(2012-12-09, 10:28)GreenEyez Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for the ability to scrape with 2 scrappers at once, would be a really nice features. Pulling the IMDB votes from IMDB and the rest from the TheTVDB is what i would like to do, but with one push of a button.

Maybe later but don't expect the "multi-scrape" in the next release. For now I'll save state for the checkboxes in "Infos to load".
(2012-12-11, 18:59)peoii Wrote: [ -> ]My apologies if this feature request has been given before, but searching the thread I could not find reference to it.

For TV shows specifically, It'd be wonderful to have the option to flag it as being in "DVD Order" for terms of scraping.

Specifically for shows like Firefly, which aired in an order different than that of the DVD/Bluray releases (and honestly, imo, a prefered order), this would be a wonderful tool.

Otherwise, absolutely brilliant tool thus far, and thank you for the work on it.

I also don't remember if it has been asked before Wink I will add an option to use the dvd order while scraping.
(2012-12-13, 17:59)nsordk Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for this addition to my movie and tv-series collection. I have been looking for something like this to get rid of the old I was using, and this is it.

I was wondering where a few of my movies had gone, when I realized that it was all the my dvd-images. Is this right, that ME doesn't see these as movies?

If it has been asked before I apologize, but dvd, iso, img is all 3 letter words and limit is 4 for searching Wink

Iso images (*.iso) are supported and also dvd structures (VIDEO_TS folder). What are the extensions of your missing movies?
(2012-12-15, 13:52)toneman77 Wrote: [ -> ]So far, I gotta say: awesome! Special extra +1 for a native Linux version, you don't know how i was sick of booting a VM just to manage my movies.

The good:
- it's beautiful
- it's fast (like one bazillion times faster than emm in a XP VM)

The kinda bad:
- it sometimes segfaults on my ubuntu 12.04 machine
- seriously, the icon will win no prices, auch wenn ich die Elch Idee mag.
- During scanning, the close-button has no effect.

The wishlist:
- please make the rightmost "column" with the poster/fanart/icon wider, if the window gets wide enough (or with a switch), so that i dont have to click the small circle icon above to switch between the two views. My monitor is 1600 pixels wide, there's plenty of space.
- please let me exclude a folder. I have a subfolder in movies for documentaries, I dont want to scrape these.
- please let me exclude a folder by sth like "is named sample". A lot of my movies appear twice because of that.
- please please please, let me put a movie in 2 different moviesets as in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103441

tone

Icon: I really like it, if you don't: Delete it or make your own.
Exclude a folder: No, not more options. Just move your documentaries out of your movies folder. And as far as i know XBMC makes no use of "sample" files, trailer files which XBMC uses are excluded already.
More than one set: Just read the thread you mentioned, double sets are not supported in Frodo.
It's a great app, and development progress is pretty rapid.

My current suggestions:

1) It would be nice to know the images sizes before they are chosen and downloaded.
2) When I attempt to scrape a TV show episode, I'm asked to choose the TV Show - perhaps there's something incorrect in my nfo files, but it would nice if the scraper knew which show I was working with, and scraped the episode without needing me to select the show.
3) If I have existing artwork for a media item, and I search/scrape for information on that item, my existing files are overwritten. The problem here is that I might already have a thumb for a tvshow, but don't have the nfo. If I scrape for the nfo, my existing thumb will be overwritten. - I'm not a huge fan of countless options, but I think an 'overwrite existing nfo/thumb/fanart etc' option is pretty important
4) There's no subtitle file support right now (showing if one exists)

Very pleased with the app in general. It's not (yet) as sophisticated as (say Ember), but it offers music video capability, and if progress continues at the current rate, it will soon be surpassing Ember.

Really impressed - keep up the great work!
(2012-12-19, 17:41)AnalogKid Wrote: [ -> ]1) It would be nice to know the images sizes before they are chosen and downloaded.

Seconded.

(2012-12-19, 17:41)AnalogKid Wrote: [ -> ]3) If I have existing artwork for a media item, and I search/scrape for information on that item, my existing files are overwritten. The problem here is that I might already have a thumb for a tvshow, but don't have the nfo. If I scrape for the nfo, my existing thumb will be overwritten. - I'm not a huge fan of countless options, but I think an 'overwrite existing nfo/thumb/fanart etc' option is pretty important

This is a big one for me. When I go back and scrape again (for updates), I may want new artwork if its available (which is why I'd scrape it), but if I don't like it, it'd be a good thing if my custom artwork hasn't been overwritten. Overall I'm pretty happy that MediaElch exists too, like some others here, I've been keeping an XP VM around pretty much *only* for EMM.

Oh, also, I've been wondering about the -really- slow Reload for TV Shows. I've seen suggestions about disabling the cache, but I can't actually find the option to do that in the GUI. I have a rather massive amount of TV shows on a home server (7.5T), and it can take up to an hour just to reload.