Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if it has been mentioned before:

It would be great if MediaElch could *always* use the IMDB ratings and runtime information,
no matter what scraper is used mainly.

The TMDB ratings are of no use at all, because they have far too less rates.
Sometimes there are movies with a 10.0 rated by only one person.

And for the runtime information: IMDB got every movie with the correct runtime, while TMDB
quite often lack this info.

Other useful things I can imagine:

Customized genre mappings: I use my own genre list, so it would be nice to configure MediaElch
a way to 'translate' the scraped genres to my own ones. For example: A movie is scraped with
the tag 'History' and I would like to automagically have it translated to 'Historie'. I also add the movie languages
to my genres until I find a better way to display them in XBMC.
First off, great work! This is so much leaner that the other media manageres I have used.

Any chance you could add a "Recursive" option to movie sources. I have nested folder in my movies folder and any sub-folders undeer these are excluded.

EG
Movies
...Bambi [movie]
...Barton Fink [movie]
...Bond [set]
......Dr No [movie]
......Diamonds are forever [movie]
...Casablanca [movie]
...etc

All the movies under the root folder are found by MediaElch but those in nested in [set] folders are excluded.

I know I could add all the set folders as seperate sources, but a Scan recursively option would certainly be easier.

Cheers
Declan
@DecK: MediaElch 1.4 will by default scan recursively if you checked "Movies in separate folders". For now you can disable "Movies in separate folders" or wait for 1.4. (still one or two weeks to go)
Hello

Nice software !

I was wondering how can I do a search (scrappers) for all my movies in one shot instead of doing one by one ?

Thomas
(2013-01-27, 20:30)tparvais Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Nice software !

I was wondering how can I do a search (scrappers) for all my movies in one shot instead of doing one by one ?

Thomas

Multi scraping is coming with version 1.4 but this takes another 1 or 2 weeks.
(2013-01-27, 20:37)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice software !

Thomas

Thank you and congratulation for your software !

To use it correctly with XBMC on apple TV2: should I just have to add all the metadata with scrapers in the same movile folder on my NAS, and press the button XBMC-Sync ?
Should I do something on the XBMC config to configure it using local metadata ?

Thank you

Thomas

(2013-01-27, 22:11)tparvais Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-27, 20:37)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice software !

Thomas

To use it correctly with XBMC on apple TV2: should I just have to add all the metadata with scrapers in the same movile folder on my NAS, and press the button XBMC-Sync ?

Thank you

Thomas

The best option is to store the metadata side by side with your media (on the NAS).... something like this:

<Star Wars>
|__ <Star Wars>.mp4
|__ <Star Wars>.nfo <----- created by MediaElch
|__ <Star Wars>-poster.jpg <----- created by MediaElch
|__ <Star Wars>-fanart.jpg <----- created by MediaElch

Then, you need to 'scan' your media folders using XBMC which is automatically detect the nfo, poster and fanart.
If you already have the movie in your library, it's sometimes just easier to remover it from the library, then rescan for new media, and it will re-add the movie (or TV show) with the new information.

This is smart, because IF everything is lost on your XBMC system, all you have to do is reinstall XBMC, set up your sources again, and rescan - XBMC will re-add all the meta info from your NAS server,

okay thankyou AnalogKid.

If some info is missing in .nfo created by MediaElch, will XBMC scrapper get from internet automatically ?

Thomas
(2012-10-12, 17:14)Komet Wrote: [ -> ].....
You should use the "XMBC MySQL" interface. I can't help you with the login details, you should know them (have a look at your advancedsettings.xml) And don't forget to set the "Media Center Directory" in the settings (read about it here http://mediaelch.kvibes.net/usage/)

Hello

This is not clear for me what it the "Media center Directory" ?

I have all my movies (and metadata) on my NAS //synology/video/ (one folder per movie)
This NAS is mounted with Samba in XBMC Frodo (RC2) on my AppleTV2

What should I put in this Media center directory ?

Thank you
(2013-01-28, 13:04)tparvais Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-12, 17:14)Komet Wrote: [ -> ].....
You should use the "XMBC MySQL" interface. I can't help you with the login details, you should know them (have a look at your advancedsettings.xml) And don't forget to set the "Media Center Directory" in the settings (read about it here http://mediaelch.kvibes.net/usage/)

Hello

This is not clear for me what it the "Media center Directory" ?

I have all my movies (and metadata) on my NAS //synology/video/ (one folder per movie)
This NAS is mounted with Samba in XBMC Frodo (RC2) on my AppleTV2

What should I put in this Media center directory ?

Thank you

Don't use this anymore. It will be completely removed with the next release. Stick with nfo files.
ignore - irrelevant
(2013-01-28, 01:36)AnalogKid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-27, 22:11)tparvais Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-27, 20:37)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Multi scraping is coming with version 1.4 but this takes another 1 or 2 weeks.

Thank you

Thomas

The best option is to store the metadata side by side with your media (on the NAS).... something like this:

<Star Wars>
|__ <Star Wars>.mp4
|__ <Star Wars>.nfo <----- created by MediaElch
|__ <Star Wars>-poster.jpg <----- created by MediaElch
|__ <Star Wars>-fanart.jpg <----- created by MediaElch

Then, you need to 'scan' your media folders using XBMC which is automatically detect the nfo, poster and fanart.
If you already have the movie in your library, it's sometimes just easier to remover it from the library, then rescan for new media, and it will re-add the movie (or TV show) with the new information.

This is smart, because IF everything is lost on your XBMC system, all you have to do is reinstall XBMC, set up your sources again, and rescan - XBMC will re-add all the meta info from your NAS server,

I'm not 100% certain, but I think if there is an nfo file there, it will NOT fetch missing information. It will assume the NFO is correct and any missing info is deliberate.

I should also mention though, that XBMC can create the nfo, fanart and poster files.... this is done by selecting the Export option (hidden away in the settings for XBMC.

If you had a completely new system, with NO metadata, XBMC can scrape all the data for you, and will automatically put the information it the database / library. However, you can export the information, which will create the files mentioned above. Again, this means if you ever lose your database, or screw up your install, XBMC will not have to rescrape the internet for data, it can use the files found side by side with the media (as above).

Is it possible to get it to use IMDB's movie rating instead of TheMovieDB? Thanks!
I just found this, so not sure if it's already been reported. For movies that consist of stacked files, the metadata generated will include the Stack identifier. When running a library update, that causes those metadata files to be ignored and the scraper goes to the internet to get fresh metadata.
See my post here for a more detailed example of this issue.

Would it be possible to have the application stripe out these stacking identifiers when creating the metadata files?

Thanks
Declan
@DecK: I wasn't aware of this naming for stacked files. I'll adjust it asap.