Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Linusorg: ID tags are stored (or at least should be stored Wink ) if you scrape a movie with TMDB or IMBD.
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered in the thread already, I did do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. Is there a way to sort only the NEW episodes? I only need to update the data on the new episodes of a small number of shows, it's annoying scrolling through the show list when you have so many shows.
@Andayale: Sorry, this is not possible. You have to select each show and choose "Update new Episodes" (or load information for each new episode).
Still loving this software, thanks for all the hard work, Komet. I've got a feature request, hope it's something you're interested in doing.
Could the filter bar be expanded to search for things besides title? Perhaps a drop down box that allows to select to search through directors, countries, tags, sets, plot, and I'm sure there's more that could be done. Also, maybe a check box to display all duplicates?
I used to use Ember Media Manager and the only thing I really miss from it is the filtering options. Would love to see them implemented in to MediaElch.
@Toonses:
You mean this: http://www.mediaelch.de/mediaelch-versio...e-andoria/ (Filter widget)? Wink
Finding duplicates is on the roadmap.
Very cool, did not notice that before! Is there anyway you might consider adding director, tags, and/or country to the search capabilities?
@Toonses: Countries, studios and filename are already added in the latest nightlies. I'll add director and tags as well.
Hi Komet,
based on my mistake or a mistake by another programm i have several movies with a genre called " ", looks like one or two spaces. in ME.
i try to use the filter to get rid of this, but currently this "genre" do not show up in the filterlist.
What would be the best way to clean things up ?

Thx in advance
Linus
hello everybody:

i'm using this program to edit and complete info for my tvshows.
everything (at the moment) it's OK ... but i have a doubt with identifying the streamdetails for the episodes.
as you can see in the attached picture there two audio streams for an episode named Track 1 and Track 2 with empty language box. I want to edit this boxes filling the correct languages. (normally spanish or english). But i'm not sure how to coordinate with the info provided in the properties for a file into MPC-HC. wich identifies as Stream 1 & 2.
Wich one is the spanish stream/track? and the english one? One is AC3, the other is MP3.

INFO STREAM DETAILS

If i edit this details, where are saved?...If i reload info dissapears
(2013-02-18, 13:23)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-18, 07:26)anzerman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I am currently trying out V1.4. I would like to use the "MediaCenterInterface" as outlined in your usage page to connect to the MYSQL database i have running for XBMC. I am using windows 7. I cant seem to find this option anywhere, am I looking in the wrong spot?
Cheers

I need to update the usage page Wink The MySQL and SQLite interface have been dropped.

Hi

I've now a Raspberry pi + Apple TV running XBMC...

I was looking to use a Mysql DB to centralize DB. Metadata's are inserted in each video content folder by MediaElech.

my question: is MediaElch still working in that configuration ? What should I do for MySQL ?

Thank you
(2013-03-24, 13:25)tparvais Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I've now a Raspberry pi + Apple TV running XBMC...

I was looking to use a Mysql DB to centralize DB. Metadata's are inserted in each video content folder by MediaElech.

my question: is MediaElch still working in that configuration ? What should I do for MySQL ?

Thank you

Hi tparvais,

ME does not connect to your MySQL Database as explained here by Komet, However there is a way you can use your PC to update both libraries.

I am using my NAS equipped with MySQL to maintain a central database. All my media are stored on my NAS and I access it through NFS (although SMB should be possible too). On my Linux based PC I installed XBMC and made sure that the paths to the media are exactly the same as the ones my HTPC. To realize that I used this tutorial (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries ). After I processed my media with ME I fire up my PC based XBMC to update my library. Once updated my HTPC has exactly the same library as my PC based XBMC. Piece of cake Wink

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

(2013-03-24, 14:30)Flint5ven Wrote: [ -> ]I'll add some more options in the next release along with support for tv show banners.ImageImage

Hi Flint5ven,

Huh?

Greetz

_J@N_
(2013-03-22, 11:47)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Komet,
based on my mistake or a mistake by another programm i have several movies with a genre called " ", looks like one or two spaces. in ME.
i try to use the filter to get rid of this, but currently this "genre" do not show up in the filterlist.
What would be the best way to clean things up ?

Thx in advance
Linus

MediaElch skips empty genres (and a space is also empty for MediaElch). I could adjust it to show empty genres but that's something I'm trying to avoid. Won't leave people with empty genres in their nfos... Wink

Looks like this is something that currently can't be done with MediaElch. I already thought about some "maintenance" or "notification" thing to list movies where something looks not right (empty genres/tags/studios/countries, just very small images, movie title very different from folder name... these are also requested on GitHub).
But that would take some time.

(2013-03-23, 17:13)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]hello everybody:

everything (at the moment) it's OK ... but i have a doubt with identifying the streamdetails for the episodes.
as you can see in the attached picture there two audio streams for an episode named Track 1 and Track 2 with empty language box. I want to edit this boxes filling the correct languages. (normally spanish or english). But i'm not sure how to coordinate with the info provided in the properties for a file into MPC-HC. wich identifies as Stream 1 & 2.
Wich one is the spanish stream/track? and the english one? One is AC3, the other is MP3.

INFO STREAM DETAILS

I can't help you how to identify the language of the stream but: The language is saved in your nfo file. If you click on "Reload streamdetails", the stream details are reloaded from your file and your manual changes are overwritten.
Quote: orbtwin Wrote: hello everybody:

INFO STREAM DETAILS

I can't help you how to identify the language of the stream but: The language is saved in your nfo file. If you click on "Reload streamdetails", the stream details are reloaded from your file and your manual changes are overwritten.

damn ... i discoverd the bug.
i'm adding the language field for the episode tv-shows. one by one in the language field, season by season...i test the nfo and the info for the language are there. but sometimes and i don't know how (without clicking reload from file) that info dissappears.
i need a secure way for preserve the info i'm editing because it's a lot of work. If the nfo is overwritten when clicking the reload button, how can i batch edit the video metadata?
(2013-03-24, 20:25)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]damn ... i discoverd the bug.
i'm adding the language field for the episode tv-shows. one by one in the language field, season by season...i test the nfo and the info for the language are there. but sometimes and i don't know how (without clicking reload from file) that info dissappears.
i need a secure way for preserve the info i'm editing because it's a lot of work. If the nfo is overwritten when clicking the reload button, how can i batch edit the video metadata?

The nfo is only written when you hit "Save". Would be nice to know how this bug could be reproduced. You're the first one (I know of) having this kind of problems and I can not reproduce it.

Some time ago I started a poll about missing features in MediaElch. Nearly three weeks have passed and here are the results: http://www.mediaelch.de/poll-results/
In fact, i edited one tv-show as a test (grey's anatomy). I filled all the language boxes correctly. I saved season by season with Save button, and OK...the *.nfo have the correct tag for languages. I re-started MediaElch a couple of times, and the values they remained. While not pressing "load streamdetails" button all ok. The *.nfo are untouched.
Then went into XBMC to refresh the show. (adding one of my HDD for tv-shows / the one with not cancelled, terminated series)...and only to the fourth season appears the language flag. (into Aeon Nox extras downloader there a script for the language flags apperaring in details info). I opened the suspected episodes and the language flags there isn't.

XBMC only reads the *.nfo for every episode assumed, but then again in MediaElch the values for half show dissapeared.
In fact , i don't know if it's a bug for XBMC or MediaElch. This behaviour could be prevented adding "read-only" attributes for the *.nfo. But if will be nice discover who is to blame for changing the *.nfo.