Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have my tv episodes like this:

californication (2007)\
01 season\
californication - 1x01 - pilot\
californication - 1x01 - pilot.avi

I want to rename the video file, the thumb file and the nfo (with this pattern: <showTitle> - <season>x<episode> - <title>.<extension>
this pattern is correct, but i want also to rename the episode folder with the same pattern, except the <extension> and doesn't work.
i'm able only to move the renamed files to parent season folder with names like 01 season or such.
it's possible to rename episode folders like exact name of episode video file?
(2013-03-26, 11:49)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]i have my tv episodes like this:

californication (2007)\
01 season\

I want to rename the video file, the thumb file and the nfo (with this pattern: <showTitle> - <season>x<episode> - <title>.<extension>
this pattern is correct, but i want also to rename the episode folder with the same pattern, except the <extension> and doesn't work.
i'm able only to move the renamed files to parent season folder with names like 01 season or such.

Renaming this kind of folders is currently not possible. Only the show folder, season folders and the files are supported.
Absolutly love your tool, made me swap from EMM. I only have 2 feature requests or at least some imput for improvement.

Could we have a option to add a folder.jpg to the xbmc metadata options? In this case you get folder pictures even if the content isn't scanned to the library yet or if you browse your media share via windows.

Also I would love to have a combined scraper. Let me explain, I grab everything from TheMovieDB, except ratings and plot due to the fact that I'm more familiar with imdb ratings since they are slow progressing on TMDB. So an ideal solution would be to let me choose which values are grabbed from different scrapers. Right now I have to manual scrap an item twice, once for the TMDB and once for the IMDB values.

Also the IMDB scraper won't find any titles with special charakters, even a '&' in the movie title won't show any search results. If I remove the special character from the search term the search result will show the titles with entities like 'Celeste &amp Jesse Forever' also a feature to let you search for the IMDB ID would be very helpful.

Thanks for considering... mason
(2013-03-26, 13:25)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-26, 11:49)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]i have my tv episodes like this:

californication (2007)\
01 season\

Renaming this kind of folders is currently not possible. Only the show folder, season folders and the files are supported.

ok, thanks for your clarification...greaAAAt job!!
(2013-03-26, 13:44)mason Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutly love your tool, made me swap from EMM. I only have 2 feature requests or at least some imput for improvement.

Could we have a option to add a folder.jpg to the xbmc metadata options? In this case you get folder pictures even if the content isn't scanned to the library yet or if you browse your media share via windows.

Also I would love to have a combined scraper. Let me explain, I grab everything from TheMovieDB, except ratings and plot due to the fact that I'm more familiar with imdb ratings since they are slow progressing on TMDB. So an ideal solution would be to let me choose which values are grabbed from different scrapers. Right now I have to manual scrap an item twice, once for the TMDB and once for the IMDB values.

Also the IMDB scraper won't find any titles with special charakters, even a '&' in the movie title won't show any search results. If I remove the special character from the search term the search result will show the titles with entities like 'Celeste &amp Jesse Forever' also a feature to let you search for the IMDB ID would be very helpful.

Thanks for considering... mason

Great to hear that you like MediaElch! Smile

You can already add a folder.jpg: Just go to MediaElchs settings -> Movies -> Right click in the poster list -> "Add". You can also double click on items to rename them and order them up/down to set priorities when loading.

I just fixed the handling of special characters in the IMDB scraper (GitHub).

The scrapers will be improved later (define scrapers using XML files). I'll add options to load ratings/ceritification/runtime (and maybe others too) from IMDB, also when using the TMDB scraper. But this will take some time.
@Komet thanks for your answer, half my requests seem already fixed and implemented, what more could I ask for? Smile
Hi love the program, is there any way to filter out the movies that are only have a resolution of 720p?
Hi!

Great work and a really nice piece of software... Is there any possibility to filter and delete duplicates? What about the ability to filter or sort fot missing artwork, like movies without posters or logos?

Thanks and best regards!
@betrayer: I'll add a resolution filter with the next release.

@jmahnke: Listing duplicates is already on the roadmap but not time frame yet. You can filter for missing artwork using the filter widget: http://www.mediaelch.de/mediaelch-versio...e-andoria/
There is already some documentation on it, just need to translate it to english before it goes online.
(2013-03-30, 14:23)Cro22ckett Wrote: [ -> ]I use EMM but development seems to have stalled and some functionality has broken and hasn't been fixed.

OK, thanks for the info Wink

Switch to ME and you will enjoy a superb package with plenty of development Big Grin

Greetz

_J@N_
Is the <trailer> link in the nfo's produced by MediaElch valid for XBMC? I searched a bit on the forum and it seems like XBMC wants it in the format plugin://
Or I could be missing a plugin...
(2013-03-31, 23:04)hewwra Wrote: [ -> ]Is the <trailer> link in the nfo's produced by MediaElch valid for XBMC? I searched a bit on the forum and it seems like XBMC wants it in the format plugin://

Settings -> Global settings -> "Store trailer URLs in YouTube Plugin format" Wink
With this checked trailer URLs are stored as "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=..." otherwise the "blank" URLs are stored (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...).
(2013-03-30, 15:41)_J@n_ Wrote: [ -> ]Switch to ME and you will enjoy a superb package with plenty of development Big Grin

Nice to hear! Smile
(2013-04-01, 12:03)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-31, 23:04)hewwra Wrote: [ -> ]Is the <trailer> link in the nfo's produced by MediaElch valid for XBMC? I searched a bit on the forum and it seems like XBMC wants it in the format plugin://

Settings -> Global settings -> "Store trailer URLs in YouTube Plugin format" Wink
With this checked trailer URLs are stored as "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=..." otherwise the "blank" URLs are stored (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...).

Awesome, thanks.
Hi All

Is there any way to organize all movies and its related files into folders? I tried the "organize" button on the settings, but it just create a folder and put the movie there, all the related files, like -poster.jpg, .nfo, -fanart.jpg or the different srts are left in the previous folder. any idea if this can be done in MediaElch or is better to use any other software to automatically organize the folders? and if so, which one, btw..