Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this has been posted before but do you plan on supporting music videos at some point?
(2013-02-14, 23:32)alspoll Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-11, 03:54)alspoll Wrote: [ -> ]12. Similar to movies, add a tv show sort by field. (is this even supported by XBMC, differentiating between show name and sort name?)

Looks like this is supported, I got this from another thread regarding tv sets.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><tvshow><sorttitle clear="true">Nasuverse 1</sorttitle></tvshow>

TIA,

AL

bumping an old request as I return back to organizing xbmc...

any chance to add sort title for tv shows?

<sorttitle clear="true">Nasuverse 1</sorttitle></tvshow>

TIA

AL
(2013-06-01, 17:23)smilenkovski Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Komet.
Thank you for excellent piece of software.

Comments like this are very welcome! Smile

(2013-06-02, 20:11)jakks Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this has been posted before but do you plan on supporting music videos at some point?

Music Videos are already supported, it's just called "Concerts" in MediaElch.
But there's currently no music video scraper integrated, only The Movie DB (which has some concerts). The Audio DB will follow in one of the next releases.

(2013-06-02, 22:42)alspoll Wrote: [ -> ]bumping an old request as I return back to organizing xbmc...

TIA

AL

Oh yes, just forgot it. Do you know what the "clear" attribute causes?
(2013-06-03, 10:46)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-01, 17:23)smilenkovski Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Komet.
Thank you for excellent piece of software.

Comments like this are very welcome! Smile

(2013-06-02, 20:11)jakks Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this has been posted before but do you plan on supporting music videos at some point?

Music Videos are already supported, it's just called "Concerts" in MediaElch.
But there's currently no music video scraper integrated, only The Movie DB (which has some concerts). The Audio DB will follow in one of the next releases.

(2013-06-02, 22:42)alspoll Wrote: [ -> ]bumping an old request as I return back to organizing xbmc...

TIA

AL

Oh yes, just forgot it. Do you know what the "clear" attribute causes?

Not sure. All I know is I tried it and it works (not very helpful). I got the info from the "TV Show Sets Grouping for custom sort order filters the Video Database Library?" thread, post #30.

Thanks for great job!
For Music Videos, would it be possible for MediaElch to pull from locally created .NFO files? What about local Fanart and Posters?
I haven't seen this one the feature list for a forthcoming version, so figured I'd request it.

Would there be a shot at integrating a subtitle downloader perhaps via OpenSubtitles.org or some similar service?

It would be most helpful, and after some research, the tools to accomplish this are few and far between especially in quality equal to that of MediaElch.
(2013-06-03, 23:13)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]For Music Videos, would it be possible for MediaElch to pull from locally created .NFO files? What about local Fanart and Posters?

Yes, as I said before, they're just called "Concerts" in MediaElch.

(2013-06-03, 23:24)peoii Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't seen this one the feature list for a forthcoming version, so figured I'd request it.

Would there be a shot at integrating a subtitle downloader perhaps via OpenSubtitles.org or some similar service?

It would be most helpful, and after some research, the tools to accomplish this are few and far between especially in quality equal to that of MediaElch.

It's already on the roadmap Smile
I figured out my issue with Music Videos (Concerts), I have so many, that I have to scroll down many screens before I can actually see some that have pulled from the NFO files I've created.

So I have some suggestions to fix some issues with the Concerts section.

1. Sort the listing by Artist not Name (as it's much harder to remember all the song names if you have a ton of Music Videos).
2. I noticed that some of the fields are associated more for TV and Movies (Certification, Trailer, Tagline). Could these be changed to Studio, Biography, etc.
3. I see that Fanart.tv - Artist is listed when looking for artwork, yet it seems to be pulling Movie Posters, and not anything related to the Music Artist?
4. There doesn't seem to be an artwork selector for the Artist image (artist thumb on Fanart.tv). Could that be added in place of Banner or one of the other Artwork images?

Again, thanks for your hard work with this Komet, keep up the great work.
(2013-04-23, 22:15)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-23, 21:49)peoii Wrote: [ -> ]When attempting to scrape Firefly into the DVD order, looking at TheTVDB I should see an order like this:

http://www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=sea...&order=dvd

But within MediaElch, I get an order that is the same as the Aired order.

Also of note, when scraping using the DVD order, I don't get any plot information, rating, studio, etc.

Both fixed.

In 1.6 or in the next release? It doesn't work for me in 1.6 - the DVD order is the same as the aired order. This is the only reason why I can't use MediaElch at the moment. Using XBMC Frodo without a media manager has no problem with the "DVD episode ordering" setting, so I guess it's not a problem with thetvdb.
(2013-06-15, 00:38)boxxxy Wrote: [ -> ]In 1.6 or in the next release? It doesn't work for me in 1.6 - the DVD order is the same as the aired order. This is the only reason why I can't use MediaElch at the moment. Using XBMC Frodo without a media manager has no problem with the "DVD episode ordering" setting, so I guess it's not a problem with thetvdb.

It's in the nightlies and will be available for all with the next release.
Stupid question, where can I get said nightlies
(2013-06-18, 06:02)isamu.dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid question, where can I get said nightlies

Nightlies are currently only available for donators...
Great program and very fast. Have been using it for a couple of days and all was going well but now it has suddenly started freezing at 71% when scanning a NAS directory. Can't figure out why and the only way out is to Cntl/Alt/Delete and kill the process.
OK so I was too hasty. My fault I have fixed it now.
Unfortunately MediaElch for Linux only supports Ubuntu...
(I use debian testing, gdm with fluxbox)
OK, so I tried to go the way via GIT. I downloaded all mentioned packages and started.

Runs fine until: "In file included from main/MainWindow.cpp:18:0: ./globals/TrailerDialog.h:12:30:
fatal error: phonon/MediaObject: No such file or directory" => compilation terminated.

Propably I can find a way to compile, after installing a lot of other packages and reading a lot of material.
The fact that I am not afraid of command lines and compilers does not mean I am a developer, so it will take too much time for me.

Hence: Is there an easy solution for my problem?
Thanks