Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-29, 20:12)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]I must admit I'm a little bit out of business with Mint, I've just created the deb for Ubuntu Saucy.
I'll check if these two packages can be skipped.

Ah! That explains! LM15 is using Raring repo's.

Would be great if the packages would not be needed.

Thanks for your everlasting splendid support!

Greetz,

_J@N_
(2013-10-29, 19:48)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@solamnic:

b) Sounds like you have a very small resolution on your screen... An option to restore a "legacy" layout will be available in the next release but this layout will get no attention from my side.

erm i use 1920 X 1200.... Cool
(2013-10-29, 20:48)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-29, 19:48)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@solamnic:

b) Sounds like you have a very small resolution on your screen... An option to restore a "legacy" layout will be available in the next release but this layout will get no attention from my side.
erm i use 1920 X 1200.... Cool

Can you post a screenshot? Can't imagine why you don't see all tabs at once and have to click the ">" button to reach stream details...
(2013-10-29, 21:04)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Image

Ok, I see your problem Wink If you don't really need it that big you can just make the movie list a little bit smaller for now.
need any more info?
(2013-10-29, 21:07)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]need any more info?

Erm, no? If you don't need the movie list that big, just make it smaller... Have a look at this screenshot: http://www.mediaelch.de/wp-content/galle...movies.png
Move your mouse to the point between the movie list and the info view, click, and move to the left Cool
(2013-10-29, 20:12)Komet Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Chuck Bartowski' pid='1538609' dateline='1383069697']
Hi Komet

Great work - really love it.

At the moment it isnt possible to add banners to a season where there aren't season specific ones. Is it possible to mirror the way Media Elch handles Fanart ie it shows all available and you can just select one for the season.

Also any chance of adding Excaliburfilms website as a scraper?

All available banners will be shown in the next release, not just season specific ones.

Is it excaliburfilms.com? The site is not loading right now for me...

Hi Komet

yes it is http://www.excaliburfilms.com but it looks like they are doing some site maintenance at the moment :-(
(2013-10-29, 21:24)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-29, 21:07)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]need any more info?

Erm, no? If you don't need the movie list that big, just make it smaller... Have a look at this screenshot: http://www.mediaelch.de/wp-content/galle...movies.png
Move your mouse to the point between the movie list and the info view, click, and move to the left Cool

noooooob me.... Rofl
Hi,

Ubuntu 13.10 64, MediaElch v2.0

My movies are like so:
Movie1 [1988]
Movie2 [2005]

On multiscrape nothing scrapes, If I click on the individual movie is brings up a few to select from and is ok to scrape

However, the single scrape popup screen goes past my visual screen at the bottom and I can't unclick some items..

Looking for some help..

Thanks,
(2013-10-29, 20:12)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]I must admit I'm a little bit out of business with Mint, I've just created the deb for Ubuntu Saucy.
I'll check if these two packages can be skipped.

Hi Daniel,

Installed 2.0.6-1 today on my Mint 15 (Ubuntu 13.04). Had quite some additional packages to install but all is working now!

Thanks for your support as always!

Greetz,

_J@N_
Hello Devs! I am in the market for a new media management software to handle my TV/Movie libraries and so far MediaElch looks like a great candidate. I don't have any specific complaints but I do have one (hopefully) small request. Since I am moving away from EMM I would still like to maintain my current workflow as much as possible and one of the features of EMM that I see a partial implementation for in MediaElch is file/folder renaming. There is one placeholder missing in MediaElch from how I have my library set up already, which is video resolution.

Example:

This is a common format I might get from a download

\\Server\Movies\Movie.A.2013.x264.1080\Movie.A.2013.x264.1080.mkv

And this is how I currently have all my movies renamed through EMM:

\\Server\Movies\Movie A (2013) 1080p\Movie A (2013) 1080p.mkv

Nice and neat. The resolution placeholder is missing from MediaElch, so the closest I would currently be able to get with it is

\\Server\Movies\Movie A (2013)\Movie A (2013).mkv

A small difference I know, but I have my library how I like it and would prefer to keep it that way if I can. Plus I like having the resolution in the file/folder name so I can weed out SD movies for HD replacement.

Since MediaElch already has resolution information on my movies via MediaInfo (hopefully) this would be a minor addition, and I know I would personally really appreciate seeing it as an option. Thanks in advance!
(2013-11-01, 17:29)IceNine Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Devs! I am in the market for a new media management software to handle my TV/Movie libraries and so far MediaElch looks like a great candidate. I don't have any specific complaints but I do have one (hopefully) small request. Since I am moving away from EMM I would still like to maintain my current workflow as much as possible and one of the features of EMM that I see a partial implementation for in MediaElch is file/folder renaming. There is one placeholder missing in MediaElch from how I have my library set up already, which is video resolution.

Example:

Nice and neat. The resolution placeholder is missing from MediaElch, so the closest I would currently be able to get with it is

A small difference I know, but I have my library how I like it and would prefer to keep it that way if I can. Plus I like having the resolution in the file/folder name so I can weed out SD movies for HD replacement.

Since MediaElch already has resolution information on my movies via MediaInfo (hopefully) this would be a minor addition, and I know I would personally really appreciate seeing it as an option. Thanks in advance!

I'm only a single dev Wink

This is already on the roadmap but I'm still trying to find an easy way to make this configurable.
There's one point I'm struggling with: What if a movie doesn't have this information (not only resolution, I would like to add placeholders for original title, sort title, imdb id and set name as well). Let's say you have a rename pattern like "<title> (<year>) - <imdb_id> - <resolution>.<ext>". A movie without IMDB ID and resolution info will get an ugly name like "Movie A (2013) - - .mkv". But I don't want to wrap it in ifs like "<title> (<year>) <if imdb_id> - <imdb_id></if>....". This would be very confusing... Ideas welcome Wink
(2013-11-01, 17:37)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-01, 17:29)IceNine Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Devs! I am in the market for a new media management software to handle my TV/Movie libraries and so far MediaElch looks like a great candidate. I don't have any specific complaints but I do have one (hopefully) small request. Since I am moving away from EMM I would still like to maintain my current workflow as much as possible and one of the features of EMM that I see a partial implementation for in MediaElch is file/folder renaming. There is one placeholder missing in MediaElch from how I have my library set up already, which is video resolution.

Example:

I'm only a single dev Wink

This is already on the roadmap but I'm still trying to find an easy way to make this configurable.
There's one point I'm struggling with: What if a movie doesn't have this information (not only resolution, I would like to add placeholders for original title, sort title, imdb id and set name as well). Let's say you have a rename pattern like "<title> (<year>) - <imdb_id> - <resolution>.<ext>". A movie without IMDB ID and resolution info will get an ugly name like "Movie A (2013) - - .mkv". But I don't want to wrap it in ifs like "<title> (<year>) <if imdb_id> - <imdb_id></if>....". This would be very confusing... Ideas welcome Wink

Firstly let me say that you have built a great (and very complete) application for only being one dev! And you do raise a good point here. I can't say I have a whole lot of development experience myself so my ideas may sound simpler in my head than they actually are in reality, but in this case it seems like it may be a case of "user beware", especially if they are building a custom renaming scheme that could potentially have missing information. In my case the resolution (should) always be available, maybe it is possible to code in an "ugly rename" warning if MediaElch detects that information being used to build the name is missing. Then the user could either put in the info manually pre-rename, rethink their renaming scheme or rename that file manually to something that looks good.

Or you could have an option for the separators ( ' - ' and such) to be put in by MediaElch automatically as part of the placeholder, so then if info is missing both the placeholder and the separator would be skipped.

Either way, thanks for your quick response and I look forward to any future changes you might make!
(2013-11-01, 18:06)IceNine Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could have an option for the separators ( ' - ' and such) to be put in by MediaElch automatically as part of the placeholder, so then if info is missing both the placeholder and the separator would be skipped.

That's what I'm currently thinking about but it wouldn't catch all cases (year in brackets, other things separated by - ). I think you're right and a warning for the user when information is not available is enough.