Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-01, 18:26)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-01, 18:06)IceNine Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could have an option for the separators ( ' - ' and such) to be put in by MediaElch automatically as part of the placeholder, so then if info is missing both the placeholder and the separator would be skipped.

That's what I'm currently thinking about but it wouldn't catch all cases (year in brackets, other things separated by - ). I think you're right and a warning for the user when information is not available is enough.

Seems like a good solution for now, maybe something more fault-tolerent will get thought of later on but in the mean time people should be careful with renaming functions anyway. Smile Thanks again for the speedy response!
Or you could create a shorthandhand-notation for if-then else:

?#imdbid{(#imdbid)}

means:
if(!(#imdbid == null || #imdbid.isempty()))
cout << "(" << #imdbid << ")";

This way, you could provide a compact syntax which is still flexible. I would suggest to look also at mp3 renamers, since they have the exact same problem. I'm sure that some of them have a good an easy solution.
Good Morning,
i got 2 small requests:
Like the new outfit, but 2 points
1) would it be possible to get rid if the donate buttom (if you have donated)? i wouldN't even have a problem if you go and sell this app in the mac app store, some remotecontroll or media software getting prices up to 20 - 30 Euro and most of them do not reach ME.
the orange "donate" kind of disturb the clean outfit of the new version :-)
2) Scrollbars:
would it be possible to disable the autohide of the scrollbar? i know for Mac is common UI, but within ME it would be easier to scroll without loosing the selection.
3) type a movie name in the collection list works for first coupls of chars but timeout for keystrokes seems to be very short, maybe a short popup would be better and you jump to the movie after pressing return?
Got the feeling that QT have some polling issue on the mac,typing Text in ME can have serious deleays.

Besides that no issues found so far, looking forward to the dublicate finder, even if this will be done in version 4.x :-)
Best Regards
Linus
@Linusorg:
1) I will add an option to hide the donate button.
2) This depends on your global settings in OSX. There is no way to force the visibility of the scroll bars when using Qt because it just relies on the OS settings.
3) I'll check this, maybe it's getting slow when using big collections.
(2013-11-02, 13:27)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@Linusorg:
1) I will add an option to hide the donate button.

Hi Daniel,

Why not consider this: hide the Donate button when people have donated to ME. There must be simple mechanisms available for you to implement such feature.

The donate button will remind people of the hard work and spare time you have put in to this brilliant piece of software and might have them consider donating. The button is not that obtrusive and is a lot better than a nag screen.

Now if you would consider a setting to start in the TV Show section instead of the movie section I just might donate again Rofl

Greetz,

_J@N_
@_J@n_:
Sure something like this could be implemented but it's not really what I want or what I want spend my time with Wink If someone doesn't want to donate its ok.

And you might want to laugh but: choosing the startup section was already on the roadmap for the next release Laugh
(2013-11-02, 16:58)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@_J@n_:
Sure something like this could be implemented but it's not really what I want or what I want spend my time with Wink If someone doesn't want to donate its ok.

And you might want to laugh but: choosing the startup section was already on the roadmap for the next release Laugh

Hi Daniel,

You are right about donating of course. Someone should want to buy you a bear or a coffee for use of your software.

So I'll guess i will have to watch my spending for the coming months so I can set some aside for a new donation Big Grin

Greetz,

_J@N_
Hello, does anyone encounter the same issue as mine? MediaElch couldn't directly update the content in XBMC through XBMC synchronization. Every time it doesn't remove the in queue changed item first before running an update scan so XBMC doesn't pick up the changes.

Not sure if it is related to the port in the web server setting in XBMC.
If i set 80 or 8080 in both XBMC and MediaElch, once I start the synchronization process in MediaElch, nothing happens in XBMC.
But if I set 9090 in MediaElch, it doesn't remove the changed item but it will run an library scan.

Any idea or tips will be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Just found that XBMC web server name/pw has to be included in the host of XBMC synchronization setting. For example if web server name = xbmc, pw = xbmc, then host will be xbmc:[email protected] where xxx is the IP of the machine where XBMC is running. Everything is working like a charm now!!! Great program.
**deleted** double posting due to connection errors ISP

Sorry
Hi
Does not receive the duration of the film The Movie DB
Hello Komet,

I tried to find something like a roadmap for ME, but I wasn't successful.
Perhaps you got a place for feature requests already!!

1, is it possible to make the colors in the "media status column" more different from each other? Because it wd be way better to see whats missing.

2, could you add "sorttitle" to the renamer?

3, also an option to mark movies in different colors - just like the folders in OSX?

4, perhaps a bug: the renamer doesn't rename local trailers!

5, quite a big feature request: perhaps you already heard about the VideoExtras Add-On!
Do you see a way to support those video extras? It is a lot of work to rename the files (mkv, idx, sub, ...) and add the nfo's for it.
With ME it should be possible to read out the "extras" folder in the movie folder and batch edit the files.
What do you think?

Thx steve
(2013-11-11, 15:03)stevecrown Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Komet,

I tried to find something like a roadmap for ME, but I wasn't successful.
Perhaps you got a place for feature requests already!!

1, is it possible to make the colors in the "media status column" more different from each other? Because it wd be way better to see whats missing.

2, could you add "sorttitle" to the renamer?

3, also an option to mark movies in different colors - just like the folders in OSX?

4, perhaps a bug: the renamer doesn't rename local trailers!

5, quite a big feature request: perhaps you already heard about the VideoExtras Add-On!
Do you see a way to support those video extras? It is a lot of work to rename the files (mkv, idx, sub, ...) and add the nfo's for it.
With ME it should be possible to read out the "extras" folder in the movie folder and batch edit the files.
What do you think?

Thx steve

There is not really a roadmap, just a long list with feature requests and some bugs Wink With each release I'm just picking some items from the list.

1. I thought they are already different enough (green/yellow/red), I'll try to improve them.
2. Sorttitle is on the roadmap, just check a few posts above.
3. Already on the roadmap: colors/flags or something like this.
4. I'll have a look into this, maybe I just forgot it Wink
5. I haven't heard about it yet. Let's see how many people are interested in this...
Hi Komet
It is possible to introduce the rename - Subtitles in folders such as srt,. Txt,. Sub?
and also edited episodes are in one folder called. mini-series (eg 2-3 episodes) where there are no seasons ?
.... and perhaps - batch search the missing artwork, but that's probably too much I would have liked Smile
Subtitles are already renamed when stored in the same folder as the movie (not in a subfolder).
TV Shows without seasons are not supported right now. If you have a look at thetvdb "mini shows" are also organized in seasons.

For batch downloading missing artwork you can already do:
Filter for movies with logo, select them all, scrape, and select only "logo".
Thanks for the quick reply.
Filters are great Smile Did not I think of that.
Subtitles - I have more movies in a folder and there names did not change the title, unless the videos must be in separate folders?
A few questions...
Posters collection - must be collections in special folders?
A way to manage the country and labels (can be just as genres) ?
Scraper thetvdb available for movies - I get more images for the mini-series If you do not have arranged in seasons?
Error: sometimes when you turn on - collections - the program shuts down
Error: I filtered movies, for example, no genres - a few changes to the program crashes