Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-23, 16:29)_J@n_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-23, 16:13)stevieboy1306 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi _J@N_

I appreciate the help. Smile

ok i've ran "apt-cache depends mediaelch" to see what it depends upon then checked the results against already installed libraries .... and they are all installed. Its really weird because when i scrape a film its coming up with the ID in the search for example Percy Jackson and the Lighning Theif comes up with id32657 for The Movie DB scraper, it never did this before i upgraded it used to display the Film name, and nothing happens, For the TV Shows, for example Arrow, i click on the Red search circle/arrow icon and the scraper picks up the folder name of Arrow fine but again nothing happens.

If i'm downloading artwork for either a Film or TV Show i'll click on the Poster holder place, for example and the Choose An Image screen will appear with the correct Film name, it says its "Loading" but nothing every loads.

Its a real head-scratcher now. :/

Stevieboy

Hi Stevieboy,

No Prob Smile Always nice to be able to help someone as I have been helped here lots of times.

OK, So I also just scratched my head and thought what might cause the problem.

I would suggest you check your dependencies against mine.

Check if you have the same if you please.

I should notice that I too sometimes see the ID instead of the name of the movie or series. Although not recently (maybe I had an update of oe of the files/libraries ME depends on).

By the way: do you have Gufw of ufw installed recently?

One step at the time.... Wink

Greetz,

_J@N_

Hi _J@N_

Thanks, at least now i can see what i should have unfortunately I have files missing and can't find them in Synaptic ... its your old problem from page 104! Undecided

The dependancies i don't have, based on your list, are:
libqt5multimedia5-plugins
qt5-image-formats-plugins

i don't think i have installed Gufw or ufw recently, i'm not sure. The Firewall is installed though, but i haven't done anything with it and its status is "off".

Not sure how to "fix" this. Huh

Stevieboy
(2013-11-23, 18:46)stevieboy1306 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi _J@N_

Thanks, at least now i can see what i should have unfortunately I have files missing and can't find them in Synaptic ... its your old problem from page 104! Undecided

i don't think i have installed Gufw or ufw recently, i'm not sure. The Firewall is installed though, but i haven't done anything with it and its status is "off".

Stevieboy

Hi Steve (I assume Big Grin )

This is what I have picked up from Komet's website:

Quote:Compiling from source
Users of other distributions (edit by _J@N_: Like Mint) currently have to compile the source on their own. Download the source code or get it from GitHub and compile:
mediaelch-2.0.1.tar.gz
git clone https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch.git
cd MediaElch
qmake && make
Some required packages must be installed before compiling. These are the Qt development headers and for sure a compiler. A (not complete) list for Ubuntu is
qt5-default qtmultimedia5-dev qtscript5-dev qt5-qmake libmediainfo-dev zlib1g-dev libzen-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev

Unfortunately I can't confirm if these packages are available in Olivia. You might want to search how to get the QT dev packages available in Mint.

Let me know if this helps!

Greetz,

Jan
(2013-11-23, 19:04)_J@n_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-23, 18:46)stevieboy1306 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi _J@N_

Stevieboy

Hi Steve (I assume Big Grin )

This is what I have picked up from Komet's website:

Quote:Compiling from source
Users of other distributions (edit by _J@N_: Like Mint) currently have to compile the source on their own. Download the source code or get it from GitHub and compile:
mediaelch-2.0.1.tar.gz
git clone https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch.git
cd MediaElch
qmake && make
Some required packages must be installed before compiling. These are the Qt development headers and for sure a compiler. A (not complete) list for Ubuntu is
qt5-default qtmultimedia5-dev qtscript5-dev qt5-qmake libmediainfo-dev zlib1g-dev libzen-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev

Unfortunately I can't confirm if these packages are available in Olivia. You might want to search how to get the QT dev packages available in Mint.

Let me know if this helps!

Greetz,

Jan

Hi _J@N_

ok i've uninstalled MediaElch and installed the recommended packages as per the above .... there was also a load more dependancies and a lpulse package that was needed. I then reinstalled from GitClone as instructed, cd to the MediaElch folder and "qmake && make". Something went wrong with that but when i ran "su -c 'make install'" MediaElch installed and is working ... sort of! Confused

Running MediaElch from the Terminal i can see what is happening, these are the last few lines when i'm searching for the TV show Arrow:

void TvShowSearch::onSearch() Entered, with "Arrow"
void TvShowSearch::clear() Entered
virtual void TheTvDb:Confusedearch(QString) Entered, searchStr= "Arrow"
void TheTvDb::onSearchFinished() WARNING: Network Error "Host www.thetvdb.com not found"
void TvShowSearch::onShowResults(QList<ScraperSearchResult>) Entered, size of results= 0

WARNING: Network Error "Host www.thetvdb.com not found"

I'm an idiot!!!!!

After seeing that error i went back through my settings. When i was playing about trying to get MediaElch to work over a network i had enabled the PROXY with a samba path in it ... don't ask, i've no idea why! Disabled that and just like magic everything is working!!!

I probably still needed the other packages thet were mentioned but my tinkering with things i don't understand did not help!!! Blush

Thank you so much for your help and i hope my experience is usefull to other people ... if you don't know what it does leave it alone! Big Grin

Steve
Hi Steve,

Glad you got it working! It does not matter what triggered the solution as long as the problem is solved Big Grin

You most certainly are not an idiot! You would not believe the f*ck*ps I made (and still make) finding my way around Linux. Wink

Greetz,

Jan
(2013-11-12, 18:05)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-11, 15:03)stevecrown Wrote: [ -> ]5, quite a big feature request: perhaps you already heard about the VideoExtras Add-On!
Do you see a way to support those video extras? It is a lot of work to rename the files (mkv, idx, sub, ...) and add the nfo's for it.
With ME it should be possible to read out the "extras" folder in the movie folder and batch edit the files.
What do you think?

5. I haven't heard about it yet. Let's see how many people are interested in this...

Hello Komet,
Right after my post I did download the Git version and was in the process of learning QT and C++ to edit the Git version or create a plugin, but found out that in the MovieSearcher files the extras-folder was already excluded Huh
It's OK I new to programming and also thought about donating so the chance of implementing it wd increase. Never mind - I was very impressed by ME and loved it in every way, but I guess I'll move on to another media manager.
thx

good luck with ME

regards from the beautiful Chiemgau (Bavaria)
(2013-11-24, 17:03)stevecrown Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-12, 18:05)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-11, 15:03)stevecrown Wrote: [ -> ]5, quite a big feature request: perhaps you already heard about the VideoExtras Add-On!
Do you see a way to support those video extras? It is a lot of work to rename the files (mkv, idx, sub, ...) and add the nfo's for it.
With ME it should be possible to read out the "extras" folder in the movie folder and batch edit the files.
What do you think?

5. I haven't heard about it yet. Let's see how many people are interested in this...

Hello Komet,
Right after my post I did download the Git version and was in the process of learning QT and C++ to edit the Git version or create a plugin, but found out that in the MovieSearcher files the extras-folder was already excluded Huh
It's OK I new to programming and also thought about donating so the chance of implementing it wd increase. Never mind - I was very impressed by ME and loved it in every way, but I guess I'll move on to another media manager.
thx

good luck with ME

regards from the beautiful Chiemgau (Bavaria)

The extras folder was excluded long time ago before your request. It requires special handling and just including it in the file search will show the files as extra movies.
Hello Komet,

[/quote]
The extras folder was excluded long time ago before your request.
[/quote]

I'm truly sorry and apologize. It just seemed different.
You are doing a great job and to see what hard way it wd be for me to learn programming and write a plugin, made me being rude.

Quote:It requires special handling and just including it in the file search will show the files as extra movies.

I know that it works totally different to scan the extras and show and edit them for each movie/tv-show individually!
thx

cheers
Really love MediaElch Komet, please keep up the excellent work.

I noticed an issue this weekend with the Watched Flags. Basically they don't seem to work at all.

1. If I right click on a TV show, and select Marked as Watched, it changes the setting in MediaElch, but when I save and try to upload the changes to XBMC, nothing happens (the shows aren't marked as watched.

2. Under the XBMC button, there is an option to update the Watched status, which sounds like MediaElch will pull the information from XBMC, but this doesn't seem to do anything either.

Is this a feature that hasn't been fully implemented yet?
@Komet

a little bug..

Right clicking on Open Movie Folder does not open it if movies are on SMB Network Share...
@solamnic: Which OS is it? And what does the path look like?
@Komet
Windows 7 64bit..

will post path when i get home...
Path looks something like:

//LIANLI-PC/MMovies/Scrooged.1988.720p/Scrooged.1988.720p.mkv
Hey,
great program. I just started using it, but I have 1 problem:

I can't scrape from imdb. I just want to get the imdb ratings, but when I select a movie and scrape it with imdb, nothing happens.
I hope you guys can help me. Everything else works fine!

P.S. I use Win 8 and german language, if this matters.
(2013-12-12, 15:24)Chilldebert Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
great program. I just started using it, but I have 1 problem:

I can't scrape from imdb. I just want to get the imdb ratings, but when I select a movie and scrape it with imdb, nothing happens.
I hope you guys can help me. Everything else works fine!

P.S. I use Win 8 and german language, if this matters.

Hi,

What happens if you change the scraping of the rating to TMDB (or OFDb)? Do you get any results then?

Let us know

Greetz,

_J@N_
Hi,

i also could not get any infos from imdb. With tmdb or other scraper is all fine. It seems a problem with imdb.

Eisi