Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-24, 19:20)davidmtml Wrote: [ -> ]The problem that I am having is that I can't figure out how to get the program to automatically download extra Fan Art. Is this even a feature that is possible with MediaElch?

No, automatically downloading extra fanarts is not implement yet but it's on the roadmap (along with many other things...). Wink
Hi Komet,

Great work. One suggestion: for some reason, it almost always reads the certification as European instead of the US, even though the US certification is checked in the settings. Are you aware of this issue?
Very nice program, I like the design, it's very professional.

Is the planning of adding music nfo support is to be in a very near future or just planned? This would be a killer feature. I can tell you many people are waiting for this.
I know it's a crime but may we know the ETA of the next release? Tongue

Edit - Just found this out... Top Gear's latest episode has this name - Top Gear - 21x04 - Hammond vs. 6x6 and it's screwing up the nfo... Episode gets scraped 6-7 times in the same nfo file..
(2014-02-28, 05:46)msderganc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Komet,

Great work. One suggestion: for some reason, it almost always reads the certification as European instead of the US, even though the US certification is checked in the settings. Are you aware of this issue?

Which scraper are you using?

(2014-03-01, 01:51)LEDFan Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice program, I like the design, it's very professional.

Is the planning of adding music nfo support is to be in a very near future or just planned? This would be a killer feature. I can tell you many people are waiting for this.

I won't say "very near" but in the next few months.

(2014-03-01, 02:42)akya Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's a crime but may we know the ETA of the next release? Tongue

Edit - Just found this out... Top Gear's latest episode has this name - Top Gear - 21x04 - Hammond vs. 6x6 and it's screwing up the nfo... Episode gets scraped 6-7 times in the same nfo file..

Can you tell me the filename of this episode?
(2014-03-02, 13:05)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me the filename of this episode?
Top Gear - 21x04 - Hammond vs. 6x6.mp4
(2014-03-02, 13:28)akya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-02, 13:05)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me the filename of this episode?
Top Gear - 21x04 - Hammond vs. 6x6.mp4

OK, 6x6 was detected as another episode and a little bug caused this episode to show up 7 times. Has been fixed now.
(2014-03-02, 14:33)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]OK, 6x6 was detected as another episode and a little bug caused this episode to show up 7 times. Has been fixed now.

Thanks Smile
How about starting a new game to make MediaElch better. I'll start...

If I could make one change to MediaElch it would be...

1. When you add a new movie, it shows at the top, with all the other movies listed below it in Alphabetical order, and once scrapped, the new Movie get put in its correct Alphabetical order. However, when you add a new TV show, you need to scroll down through the Alphabetical list until you find it. Is there a way to have the same functionality for both Movies and TV Shows? Also, if I already have a TV show scrapped with MediaElch, but add a new episode, could that TV Series also be shown at the top like Movies (and once it is scrapped, goes back under it's correct Alphabetical order)?
(2014-03-14, 17:56)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]How about starting a new game to make MediaElch better. I'll start...

If I could make one change to MediaElch it would be...

1. When you add a new movie, it shows at the top, with all the other movies listed below it in Alphabetical order, and once scrapped, the new Movie get put in its correct Alphabetical order. However, when you add a new TV show, you need to scroll down through the Alphabetical list until you find it. Is there a way to have the same functionality for both Movies and TV Shows? Also, if I already have a TV show scrapped with MediaElch, but add a new episode, could that TV Series also be shown at the top like Movies (and once it is scrapped, goes back under it's correct Alphabetical order)?

+1

Would be a nice addition to the program. I know many use MediaElch mainly for movies but I (and I hope many more) am using it 95% of my time for TV shows.

While we are at it:

2. The ability to scrape all new TV episodes of different TV shows with one command/option/button

Greetz,

_J@N_
Ooooh, I would love for MediaElch to scrape all new TV episodes (of different TV shows or even the same TV Show) all at once.

Thanks for that one _J@n_
version 2.1

Feature OS X Retina display support
Feature MakeMKV integration
Feature Option to hide donate button
Feature Custom labels for movies
Feature Select startup section

Improved Export: Remove line breaks genre block
Improved Words to exclude: add mkv
Improved Automatically guess import type and folder
Improved Missing episodes: Hide specials
Improved Show adult movies from TMDB
Improved Filter for movies with/without rating
Improved Replace underscores with spaces in movie names
Improved Only update movies with id in custom scraper
Improved Use different IMDB Scraper (mymovieapi.com down)
Improved Read ratings with comma separated decimals
Improved Save last used path when manually selecting images
Improved Trim title from the tv db

Bugfix Context menus stay sometimes in front
Bugfix StreamDetails: Aspect ratio sometimes displayed as 0.000
Bugfix XBMC synchronization broken
Bugfix Disable filesystemwatcher for imports
Bugfix Multiscraping: IMDB id is set as TMDB id
Bugfix Settings: Movie set artwork filenames are not display correctly
Bugfix MovieMaze: Wrong encoding
Bugfix Some episode names lead to detecting multiple episodes
Bugfix Extracting password protected files fails
Bugfix Updating new episodes with dvd order fails
Bugfix Trailers are not renamed
Bugfix Scraper adds sometimes "id" before IMDB ids
Bugfix Multiscrape: Only movies with id are scraped

http://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/download/
(2014-03-16, 22:18)tesona1977 Wrote: [ -> ]version 2.1

Hey, you were a little bit faster than me Wink
The new version has been released just now (along with a new homepage).

And in order to better track feature requests and bug reports there are now community forums:
http://community.kvibes.de
The thread here may be a little bit confusing for users looking for help. Have a look at the forums, submit feature requests and vote for features! Smile
I can't get this to update in Ubuntu. It's still giving me 1.6 when I download. Is there any way to manually download this? A Debian package or something? Thanks!
(2014-03-17, 03:14)halburrows Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get this to update in Ubuntu. It's still giving me 1.6 when I download. Is there any way to manually download this? A Debian package or something? Thanks!
Do you have "ppa:kvibes/mediaelch" repository installed? I am on Linux Mint and just updated to 2.1 through this.. Try updating.. sudo apt-get update

@Komet, When used custom scraper and actors are scraped from IMDB, the images are microscopic.. 32x44 in dimension and 1 kb in size.. Look bad..