Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a small question, I started using this amazing software today! I must say I LOVE it !

BUT

Now all my movies are working good is started with my tv shows, and when I add a new episode of a show MediaElch does see there is a new episode. But it doesnt find the info of the serie ? When I save/sync all and go in to my XBMC, the episode is there but with no info and the filename as title.. When I then refresh the same episode in XBMC and scrape the info ( also with TVDB scraper ) it does find the episode with the right title plot ect.

Am I doing something wrong maybe ?

Type media : TV Shows
Scraper : TVDB
XBMC : RaspBMC

Hope that someone can help me with this .
@wilco87: What do you mean with "doesn't find the info of the serie"? Did you scrape the show and the episodes? Are all infos visible in MediaElch and did you save everything?
Hi Komet,

Now you typed scrape I went back again and I see what went wrong. I right clicked the episode and there was no scrape in the that menu, but I can use the button in the top of the screen or CTRL + F so that was the problem. Thanks for the quick response !
Hi Komet,
Will you be releasing a new build with recent bugfixes or is it a bit early for that?
(2014-03-27, 14:41)akya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Komet,
Will you be releasing a new build with recent bugfixes or is it a bit early for that?

Yep a bugfix release will be released in the next one or two days.
Hi Komet

I am having a difficulty with the Custom Option scraper if i set it for any of the adult scrapers - it just seems to hang and not find any movies.

Also any chance of a Data18 website scaper or Exaliburfilms (which has better posters than ADE)
New release 2.1.2 is out with some bugfixes.

@chuck Bartowski: I must admit that I've never checked the custom scraper with adult scrapers. I will check what's going wrong there. And both scrapers are on the roadmap for the next release.
(2014-03-28, 00:01)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]New release 2.1.2 is out with some bugfixes.

can you please check the trusty repo...saucy is up2date...trusty is still 2.1.1 (maybe its related to the dependency problem ... libqt5core5 vs libqt5core5a?)

thanks a lot!
(2014-03-28, 01:16)tesona1977 Wrote: [ -> ]can you please check the trusty repo...saucy is up2date...trusty is still 2.1.1 (maybe its related to the dependency problem ... libqt5core5 vs libqt5core5a?)

thanks a lot!

It takes some time until the build is scheduled and executed on launchpad. Just wait a little bit longer.
(2014-03-28, 01:19)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]It takes some time until the build is scheduled and executed on launchpad. Just wait a little bit longer.

wow, that was fast

i never ever used launchpad...nevermind Wink i gonna check repo next couple of hours...thanks komet

UPDATE:

dependency issue still exists. i can circumvent issue by forcing installation anyway...but that breaks the whole apt installion db

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-VB4:~/.local/share$ apt-cache policy mediaelch
mediaelch:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.1.2-1
  Version table:
     2.1.2-1 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kvibes/mediaelch/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
xbmc@xbmc-VB4:~/.local/share$ sudo apt-get install mediaelch
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mediaelch : Depends: libqt5core5 (>= 5.0.2) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
(2014-03-28, 01:25)tesona1977 Wrote: [ -> ]dependency issue still exists. i can circumvent issue by forcing installation anyway...but that breaks the whole apt installion db

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-VB4:~/.local/share$ apt-cache policy mediaelch
mediaelch:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.1.2-1
  Version table:
     2.1.2-1 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kvibes/mediaelch/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
xbmc@xbmc-VB4:~/.local/share$ sudo apt-get install mediaelch
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mediaelch : Depends: libqt5core5 (>= 5.0.2) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Someone with debian knowledge out there? I thought using "libqt5core5 | libqt5core5a" in the depends section of debian/control would be enough. But obviously apt still tries to install libqt5core5...
(2014-03-28, 17:37)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Someone with debian knowledge out there? I thought using "libqt5core5 | libqt5core5a" in the depends section of debian/control would be enough. But obviously apt still tries to install libqt5core5...

hmm..are you sure that you used the correct control file?

i grabbed the source via apt-get source and just build the package ...

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-VB4:~$ sudo apt-cache show mediaelch
[sudo] password for xbmc:
Package: mediaelch
Priority: extra
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 5519
Maintainer: Daniel Kabel <[email protected]>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 2.1.2-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libmediainfo0 (>= 0.7.52), libqt5concurrent5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5core5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5gui5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimedia5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimediawidgets5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5network5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5script5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5sql5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5xml5 (>= 5.0.2), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), libqt5sql5-sqlite, libqt5graphicaleffects5 | libqt5qml-graphicaleffects, libzen0, libcurl3, libpulse0
Filename: pool/main/m/mediaelch/mediaelch_2.1.2-1_amd64.deb
Size: 2943040
MD5sum: c4c7e11e5ad1549fa0fe4a7025312c26
SHA1: c4835febea7230a458005032a7439b08b0b81706
SHA256: 98e74b9f02c21b38efbb9e6557da26957b99bfc981d8b713e8fd9460da19a720
Description: XBMC Media Manager
MediaElch is your Media Manager for handling Movies and TV Shows in XBMC.
It is designed to gather information from various movie databases on the internet and store these information directly to XBMCs database or in nfo files.
MediaElch is also downloading movie posters, backdrops, fan arts and pictures of the actors.
Description-md5: a9265a2ea00426e673db6609e8b16666

Package: mediaelch
Priority: extra
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 5531
Maintainer: Daniel Kabel <[email protected]>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 2.1.2-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libmediainfo0 (>= 0.7.52), libqt5concurrent5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5core5a (>= 5.2.0), libqt5gui5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimedia5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimediawidgets5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5network5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5script5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5sql5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.2.0), libqt5xml5 (>= 5.0.2), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), libqt5sql5-sqlite, libqt5graphicaleffects5 | libqt5qml-graphicaleffects, libzen0, libcurl3, libpulse0
Description: XBMC Media Manager
MediaElch is your Media Manager for handling Movies and TV Shows in XBMC.
It is designed to gather information from various movie databases on the internet and store these information directly to XBMCs database or in nfo files.
MediaElch is also downloading movie posters, backdrops, fan arts and pictures of the actors.
Description-md5: a9265a2ea00426e673db6609e8b16666
Homepage: http://www.mediaelch.de

top package == upstream
bottom package == package via apt-get source (everythings fine...so i think you/launchpad took the wrong control file)
(2014-03-28, 00:01)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]New release 2.1.2 is out with some bugfixes.

@chuck Bartowski: I must admit that I've never checked the custom scraper with adult scrapers. I will check what's going wrong there. And both scrapers are on the roadmap for the next release.

Smile

Thanks Komet - still my favourite organiser app. Will make a donation soon
Loving this release. Using MediaElch now for both movies and TV. Actor images from IMDB which are in landscape mode do get cropped a bit weirdly but thats a very minor problem. One question, Can the current filtering of movies be made more conditional? I mean right now you can filter movies which are labeled "blue". How about the possibility of filtering movies which aren't labeled "blue"?
Thanks Komet for your great software Smile
I do have a few issues though and maybe I'm doing something wrong.
In the tab Scraper/Custom Movie Scraper.
I have Tagline: Don't Use
Poster: Fanart.tv
Fanart: Fanart.tv
However when I add a movie, it adds taglines. It also grab the poster and fanart from Tmdb. I need to manually click on the image and choose Fanart.tv in the drop down menu in the top left corner.
Any idea why it doesn't do as configured?
Thanks in advance.