Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-08-27, 09:47)JesusOnEez Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take the plunge in a couple of weekends (stag do this weekend). Thanks for the help chaps.

You're welcome Smile
(2014-08-27, 08:11)_J@n_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-26, 22:54)idoubleuin Wrote: [ -> ]Try "MediaElch" instead of mediaelch. Capitalization matters in Linux.

True. But the package name is actually mediaelch

Sorry, I got ahead of myself. The package is called mediaelch, but running it (once installed) from command line always forces me to type MediaElch. I just didn't read your second section close enough. Sorry.
(2014-08-29, 22:55)idoubleuin Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I got ahead of myself. The package is called mediaelch, but running it (once installed) from command line always forces me to type MediaElch. I just didn't read your second section close enough. Sorry.

No probs Big Grin

Greetz,

_J@N_
Hi,

can someone help me with MediaElch and Split Episodes.

Dr. House Season 6 have some of these. I have name

Dr.House - S06E01.1.avi
Dr.House - S06E01.2.avi
Dr.House - S06E02.avi
Dr.House - S06E03.avi
I also tried
Dr.House - S06E01a.avi
Dr.House - S06E01b.avi

Is that not support by MediaElch? XBMC recognizes that as far as I understood.

Thanks a lot

Alex
Hi Komet

Thanks for all your work on this. Just wondering if the Data18 and Excalibur Films scrapers are still on the timeline somewhere for implementation?
Thanks for the GREAT SW ! Donation made ! :-)
Hey all,
I new to XBMC and I'm trying to organize my library so that it can be seen the best way possible by the program. As many others have, I got stuck on Concerts.

Whereas MediaElch is pretty flawless with movies, it doesn't seem to be finding any info on ANY of the concerts I feed it, even the most popular ones like The Pollice at Tokyo Dome or The Beyoncé Experience. When adding the folder in Settings, I make sure I mark it as Concerts, but it still can't find anything.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions!

[edit] Also, can you guys suggest a way to import Movies and TV Shows in XMBC Aeon Nox keeping the MediaElch info, rather than letting the program scrape (and undo) everything I'm doing with this great sw?
Up until now I've used MediaElch and loved it, but now it will barely load and takes forever.
Has anyone noticed any problems since the latest Mavericks update? Just wondering
if there's some conflict.
Any news from Komet?
[Removed]
(2014-09-21, 18:25)zurdyo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, can you guys suggest a way to import Movies and TV Shows in XMBC Aeon Nox keeping the MediaElch info, rather than letting the program scrape (and undo) everything I'm doing with this great sw?

I don't use MediaElch (I use Ember), but I assume MediaElch works in much the same way in that it creates .nfo files that XBMC can read. If that's the case then you need to prevent XBMC from scraping. In the source settings, just change the scraper from whatever it is at the moment to 'Local Info Only' and when scraping for new content, it won't use anything other than your .nfo file.

Edit: Having said that, I think that XBMC will use .nfo files in preference to a scraper anyway, but I still turn it off just in case.
Yes, JOE, thanks for this. I realized just last night that for some reason in the settings, the .nfo file MediaElch was generating had a different name from the video file. I corrected it and now it works fine. Smile

I'm still at a loss with concert files.

Thanks again!
@alex.ba

try cd 1 and cd 2 thats the norm for split movies but im not sure any scraper supports what you are describing its not normal with split episodes
@Komet

what is fixed/changed in 24.9 nighly build ?
(2014-09-24, 23:30)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]@Komet

what is fixed/changed in 24.9 nighly build ?

Nothing I've done Wink Should be just some translation updates.