Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: List of issues\bugs skin related
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
making up the 360 skin i found out a few things that doesn't look right to me:

1. conditional button is usable only in home screen and only with id=99? how can i associate an image to xlink button in home screen?
i have tryed assigning id=17 and use an image with id=117, i can see the image but not the button Sad
i'd like to use the same button (conditional instead of fixed) in myprograms screen, but seem to me i can use it only in home screen Sad

2. i noticed that using normal buttons in home screen the images associated to them switch very smoothly, like fading in/out, using the button scroller those images (id102,103 etc) switch quickly without fading. why? is there an option to enable/disable fading?

3. why the overscan in ntsc is more then in pal? look to me that we loose a border about 20 pixel wide in ntsc respect the pal version. how the rescale is made?

4. movements from thumbpanel are messed up again Sad
i cannot move down from thumbpanel to another button,
only in mymusic section seem to work properly

i'm using july19 build.
tnx jonathan for your attention and patience :p
hi kotix

1. will add a conditional visibility option for this system.kaiconnected. you won't have the fadein/fadeout, but at least it'll work anywhere.

2. yeah, images fade in and out. haven't had time to test with the buttonscroller, but assuming it's easy to add, will add it.

3. depends very much on the tv. there's no rescaling done compared to pal. width is identical for both resolutions. pal tvs may well show more overscan while showing a ntsc picture - it's due to the way the tv works. real ntsc sets are all different as far as overscan goes, but generally anything text related should be at least 64 pixels in from the left and right. i know this is alot - you can have non-essential stuff closer to the edge ofcourse.

4. will take a look at your skin and see what's happening.

cheers,
jonathan
1. i've added system.kaiconnected as a conditional visibility.

2. fixed - please test.

3. can't do much about that.

4. fixed - please test.

cheers,
jonathan

Quote:1. i've added system.kaiconnected as a conditional visibility.

this actually works better than the conditionalbutton, as soon as you stop kaid the button dissapears, it use to require a reboot.

now that you have this and i no longer have to change #define control_btn_xlink_kai, i can tell you about a small glitch.

i number it 19 and have an image (119) like the other buttons, when the button is hidden navigating to and through the button. it's image is momentarily displayed.

not a big deal, this started happening when you added the fade in of images on the home window.

nice feature though, thanks.
tnx jonathan, i'll check them today.
talking a little bit more of point 3, what doesn't convince me is that a canadian friend tested me the skin in ntsc and he reported me the overscan problem. so i tryed ntsc on my pal tv (it work black/white but it work) and i can see exactly the same size of overscan and this make me think that is not a tv problem but something else.
i don't know if using an hdtv the overscan disappear completely and if it is so there is not much we can do.
btw right now i'm thinking of resizing the screens in the ntsc folder like 680x460 and change the position from 0,0 to 20,10.
i'm pretty sure this will do the trick but would be great to have the overscan correction in the gui like the screen calibration.
how hard would be implementing it?

cheers. :p
i am wondering...if there is no rescaling...maybe there should be because i have almost exactly 20 pixels of overscan all the way around the screen as well in ntsc...

would be great to gain that screen space back as it adds up to quite a large amount. Smile

regards,
los93sol
my tv gives the exact same picture in ntsc and pal. pal is just darker and the fonts are stretched. overscan is the same. at my parents place i have like 30 px more on the left and right; 10px more on top and bottom. on a vga-box connected to any 4:3 and 16:9 monitor theres no overscan at all.

so we should stick with the current system.
the problem with scaling is that fonts don't scale.

so you get weird problems with stuff that used to fit no longer fitting and so on.

plus, ofcourse, things are no longer a 1:1 pixel mapping, so you lose some of the crispness of the skin in some circumstances.

nuka1195: i'll take a look - should be reasonably easy to fix that one i think.
Quote:plus, ofcourse, things are no longer a 1:1 pixel mapping, so you lose some of the crispness of the skin in some circumstances.
so how does it convert now from pal to ntsc the vertical sizes and positions?
it scales ofcourse. given that it's a vertical scaling, this doesn't effect the fonts too much (as there's usually plenty of room above and below fonts)
ok then, let's say i would rescale orizzontally about 40 pixel so that 720 become 680, it will be rescaled 5%; right now the vertical rescale from 576 to 480 is 16%.
this is a lot more imo because to have the same % orizzontally i should reduce the width of 115 pixels, but i'don't need all that and probably don't even need to rescale the fonts as i'm talking of 5%.
btw probably you and chokeman have already tryed out all kind of solutions a long time ago with xbmp, but i would give it one more try making some tests in my skins.

cheers.
correct.

there's nothing stopping it being scaled and fitted into whatever space on screen we want.

the problem is that the current skins are expecting not to be scaled. ie they are designed with overscan in mind. changing it so that it's scaled into the user's overscan settings may not be ideal for these skins (eg pm3 uses a lot of overscan).

i can look into adding a hidden switch so that you can see how it'd work if you like.

cheers,
jonathan
yes please, will be great Smile