Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [BUG] loading images outside the xbt file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I had a look around on the forum and i could not find anybody mentioning this prob. and im not sure if this is the right place for this post either, but here goes.

Im using the latest night build (XBMC (12.0-ALPHA4 Git:20120716-92564dc), Platform: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2) and my problem is that i can't get an image to load images that are not in the xbt file file!

so my file structure is

media/icons/games.png
media/blue.xbt

and when i make a image control with texture set to the games.png nothing is showed, but i set the texture to a file in the xbt it works??

BUT ... if i make a multiimage control and set the imagepath to icons folder it loads the pictures just fine!!

Is it just me or is this a mistake/bug in the new builds?

cheers
c_bb
probably because you are on a case sensitive file system (everything but windows) and don't have it in the same case in both
well im am on windows xp ... and when i used the latest stable release (eden) i didn't have this problem and have not made any changes to the code since i changed to the nightly build!!
it's working here just fine with nightly build - please paste Your .xml with image that's not working
There's not a games.png texture already in the XBT is there?
Hi Guys

thnx for the reply ... I think it has something to do with my graphics card .... when I start navi-x half of the images is not showing!! must be a problem with driver compability.

cheers
c_bb
I sort of come across this today there has been an update to imagelib recently and it prevents images loading if you have a new exe but not a new imagelib.dll so you need to make sure you dont just copy the new exe if your compiling it yourself also Look in the log file and see if you get any errors
maby this is my problem :-) ... thnx jezz_x

>ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\ImageLib.dll with error 126:The specified module could not be found.

and by the way i downloaded the already compiled win32 version from the nightly builds! and yes I made an complete uninstall of the eden install! :-) ... so maby it is an error in the new compileHuh

cheers
c_bb
what is the newest version of imagelib.dll??
You don't have the suitable MSVC runtimes installed.
thanks jmarshall installed vc2008 now it works!!