Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hotel set up for 42 TV's & 42 set top boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've never really looked into XBMC and dont know much about the different implementations of it. So I'm just going to describe what I need. I currently run a hotel that has Direct TV. We have 40 rooms with 40 TV's. Each room has 25 channels. Each channel is assigned by a Direct TV box(we have 25 boxes). The signal goes through a series of splitters to each room and plays back whatever channel the assigned box is on. If Box 1 is on ESPN then channel 1 is ESPN in every room. This set up is no longer ideal for my business.

My fall back plan is 100% feasible. I think. Use XBMC boxes in every room to simply stream content. Download movies and allow them to be viewed/shared to every box and therefor every room. Maybe throw netflix in there too. As to this solution which box would be ideal? I need a $100 or less box that uses AV hook ups. I also need it to be compatible with cheap remotes to reduce operating costs if guests steal remotes.

Please feel free to alter my ideas or suggest new ones.
Just to let you know, we don't allow blatant pirating discussion on xbmc.org. That being said, the instructions for legal content and pirate content is more or less the same. The source of your content (and any legal issues) is up to you.