Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to ignore parts of folder name for show name scraping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some tv shows which folder name includes some extra characters (other than the tv show). For example:

someshowname [1995]/somefile.avi

XBMC does not seem to like the extra characters and will not find the tv show when trying to scrape it. How do I tell XBMC to ignore certain patterns in the folder name?

I have done extensive search on the matter but didn't turn out any answer. It seems to me that it should be a as simple as using a regex in advancedsettings.xml (in the case above something like (.*)\[.*\]) however I am not able to find if such a settings does not exist (or why it does not exist at all).

Could anybody shed some light in the subject?

Regards
Alethenorio
Thank you, mostly appreciated. Missed it somehow. I will play around with it.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to tell xbmc to replace certain characters with others rather than just ignoring it? Like replacing underscore (_) with a space when scraping?
It will see underscores as spaces automatically.
Thanks but is there a way of steering that for other characters (or more advanced patterns) or is that something that cannot be changed.