Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

another question, is there a way to map keys (gamepad, remote and keyboard) to actions for a custom window? i tried adding window id in the keymap.xml but that won't do. and (maybe a suggestion) would it be great if key mapping could be overwriten by the skin per window? of couse it's just a thought and i don't know how hard it is to code that.

and, is there a way to link more then one images/icons to a button/control? adding two images with the same id doesn't work, obviously.

i don't get the playlists. i read the manual, and (sometimes) i go the the current playlist (kinda like now playing in mce , no don't byte, xbmc is better we all know that but still) but often i get an empty list or a saved playlist list. even when i used the context menu to add songs to a (unnamed?) playlist. since i sometimes do get there there must be a window id for the current playing list?

how do you remove saved playlist from xbmc it self anyway? but i suppose this belongs in the help section.

whazup with visualisations? a square (say 1:1) size don't seem to work. what's the rule? there must be one...

is there a way to use the slider 'filling' style like in the seekbar's <info>player.progress</info> in the other sliders?

i like to use ttf fonts. could there become memory problems is i use a lot of different fonts? i understand bitmap fonts consume less memory, but it's a lot of work contructing them. ttf fonts are easy to use...

hints on any of these questions is (as always) much appreciated and even knowing things are not possible will help. it'll stop me from dreaming about them. :p

tia,
cheers,

cacti
(cactus @ july 21 2005,23:56 Wrote:(maybe a suggestion) would it be great if key mapping could be overwriten by the skin per window?.
bad idea, that wouldn't be very user-friendly now would it if the keymapping didn't act like the end-user told xbmc to do in the one keymap.xml :hmm:

(cactus @ july 21 2005,23:56 Wrote:i don't get the playlists. i read the manual, and (sometimes) i go the the current playlist (kinda like now playing in mce , no don't byte, xbmc is better we all know that but still) but often i get an empty list or a saved playlist list. even when i used the context menu to add songs to a (unnamed?) playlist. since i sometimes do get there there must be a window id for the current playing list?

how do you remove saved playlist from xbmc it self anyway? but i suppose this belongs in the help section.
yes, off-topic

(cactus @ july 21 2005,23:56 Wrote:i like to use ttf fonts. could there become memory problems is i use a lot of different fonts? i understand bitmap fonts consume less memory, but it's a lot of work contructing them. ttf fonts are easy to use.
actually ttf fonts use less memory that native xdk bitmap-fonts (much because they can be dynamicly loaded), ...but i think they may use more if have more than one type Huh
no problems with memory of ttfs. they'll use less than a lot of xpr fonts.

and yes, playlists in xbmc are not ideal. it's simply due to lack of developer interest/time in making them better.

sliders: not possible. which ones would you want available?

visualisations: any size should work. if you find one that doesn't, let me know and i'll take a look.

no, you can't link more than one image with a button/control (i assume you are talking about the homepage - this is the only place it's done)

cheers,
jonathan
hmmm,

not the answers i was hoping for but thanks anyway.

(gamester17 @ july 22 2005,07:16 Wrote:
(cactus @ july 21 2005,23:56 Wrote:(maybe a suggestion) would it be great if key mapping could be overwriten by the skin per window?.
bad idea, that wouldn't be very user-friendly now would it if the keymapping didn't act like the end-user told xbmc to do in the one keymap.xml :hmm:
true, good point. what i want is anykey or button to return to the previous screen, knda like in a screensaver. any other way to do that?

milkdrop visualisation wont work in certain sizes on certain possitions.

Quote:  <posx>53</posx>
 <posy>449</posy>
 <width>78</width>
 <height>78</height>

i wanted a visualisation if an albumcover wasn't available. using the above settings for the visualisation won't work.

this is what happens with the milkdrop visualisations, while it works with the saville (or most other) visualisations like this. so it seems to be a milkdrop only problem, but i guess noone uses anything other then milkdrop nowadays.

all in pal 4:3 btw.

cacti
(cactus @ july 22 2005,22:35 Wrote:
(gamester17 @ july 22 2005,07:16 Wrote:
true, good point. what i want is anykey or button to return to the previous screen, knda like in a screensaver. any other way to do that?
yes cactus, there is; system.idletime()!  :o

system.idle time is just what i wanted :thumbsup:. this way i can get the home page to show a visualisation the way i wanted and hide it as soon as the user did anything with the controller/mouse/keyboard.

or so i thought....

Quote:    <control>
     <type>image</type>
     <id>1</id>
     <posx>475</posx>
     <posy>210</posy>
     <height>156</height>
     <width>182</width>
     <texture>home-myvis.png</texture>
     <visible>system.idletime(30) + player.hasaudio</visible>
   </control>

<control>
     <type>visualisation</type>
     <id>1</id>
     <posx>489</posx>
     <posy>219</posy>
     <height>114</height>
     <width>147</width>
     <visible>system.idletime(30) + player.hasaudio</visible>
   </control>

this was what i did (in home.xlm) but it doesn't work or at least not as i expected. it was hoping it would kick-in the visualisation if the player was playing audio, and the user hadn't used the controller/mouse/keyboard for 30 seconds.

maybe i don't understand the system.idletime() function, or did i find a bug? i hope not...

cheers,
cacti