Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slowness Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using Dharma for the last year and it has been great. I have decided to try and upgrade to Eden and it seems I am having some slowness issues and I am not sure where to start.

http://pastebin.com/C6uB4pVt

I have the stable Eden installed on my laptop with the Aeon Nox 3 skin. I know that the Nox skin requires a bit more PC power but my HTPC is much more powerful than the laptop and runs as slow.

My setup uses a MYSQL database on my server and I have created a separate database for the Eden install from the Dharma install so I can still run both versions until I upgrade.

The main issues I have been having is once XBMC loads it can take about 5-10 minutes for the weather to load and other scripts. Witht he "randomitems" script installed and enabled for widgets it causes the biggest slowdown. I am also unable to run other scripts like psuedotv for at least 10 minutes. The navigation is also extremely slow in this time.

I have done a lot of searching and removed and reinstalled XBMC, scripts and skins but have the same issues. I am thinking maybe my SQL database is half the issue but am not experienced enough to do much there. Any help would be great.