Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: audio handshake question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me how to avoid audio handshake problems without requiring a DHCP compliant monitor? When working at my computer using it's analog connected monitor I like to listen to Winamp through my Integra/Onkyo receiver connected via hdmi. (I use xbmc when viewing video and pictures on a projector connected to the same computer). I find I have to have the projector on in order to work at the computer - expensive! - in order to do this. If I shut off the projector, the hdmi audio stream to the Integra is interrupted and audio switches to my el cheapo desktop speakers, or the monitor blanks and I can no longer work at the computer.

For the record, I am running Windows 7 Pro and using Intel integrated video with both hdmi and analog video outputs in the extended dual monitor mode on the video card.

Thanks much for any help.
I also have a similar problem. I'm connecting my htpc to tv via vga and hdmi directly to Denon 1612 AVR. If I don't start avr first and then pc, I won't get sound from xbmc. Xbmc audio devices will show some name in {}. If I restart xbmc again, it will work fine.