Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Correct file naming for 'The Office UK' ISO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have The Office UK season Dvds ripped to Iso and I can't get the right file naming for xbnc to scrape.
I currently have these iso's:
Season 1 disc 1
Season 1 disc 2
Season 2
Christmas Special

I have tried a lot of different naming schemes but no luck.
Can anyone offer some advice please!
From The Wiki at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

Code:
Multi-part episodes

Handling of multi-part episodes (two part episodes in one file, multiple episodes in DVD images, etc.) is supported. The first matched tvshowmatching regexp and "[-EeXx]+([0-9]+)" will be repeatedly applied against a file name until no more seasons or episodes are found.
This allows for file names such as
foo_s01e01e02e03_s02e01e02
foo104-05-06-201-02
foo1x07x08x09

To break the file up in episodes that XBMC can work with you will have to create an nfo file with <epbookmark> tags. More information can be found on the Import - Export Library page.

Note that when using a custom RegExp to match a custom file naming convention, add (.*) to the end of the RegExp so that the 3rd RegExp capture is found for the second episode.

And for the Special, I'm not sure how other scrapers do it, but if you use TVDB, they name Specials as season zero, where they name it as 0x01 and 0x02.

That page also has info on multi-part episodes. I admit, combining the two methdo coudl be tricky..

Thanks argh! But I'm still having some problems, I'm trying to scrape them with EMM but cannot get the file name right.
Do you think you could give me some examples?
(2012-07-24, 06:56)stone2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have The Office UK season Dvds ripped to Iso and I can't get the right file naming for xbnc to scrape.
I currently have these iso's:
Season 1 disc 1
Season 1 disc 2
Season 2
Christmas Special

I have tried a lot of different naming schemes but no luck.
Can anyone offer some advice please!

I don't know how the episodes are splitted for 2 dvds but this should give you an idea.

TheOfficeUK.s01e01e02e03.iso
TheOfficeUK.s01e04e05e06.iso
TheOfficeUK.s02e01e02e03e04e05e06.iso
ChristmasSpecial.s00e01e02.iso

Put them to directory named The Office (UK).
Thanks tovia that was it. Now I know how to name the iso's thanks to you. Found heaps of info but no clear instructions till now.
Thanks again
Cheers