Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-10, 10:28)jerry666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-20, 00:28)kgoroway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-19, 14:41)kmarq Wrote: [ -> ]I have KodiLauncher set to close Kodi on sleep and launch Kodi on resume. That seems to be working. However, I've noticed that it is now taking a really long time >1minute before Kodi actually launches once the system resumes. When I originally set things up Kodi would be open by the time the TV was displaying an image. Now I have to wait at least 30 seconds after the TV is on before Kodi even starts to open.

Any thoughts? This is on Win8.1.

Interesting... I came here to report the *EXACT* same thing....except I'm on Windows 7. It seems to take forever for kodi to launch when waking from standby.

I am having this problem as well, have done for a long while. Works perfectly most of the time then all of a sudden Kodi will take ages to open. Awesome tool in all respect.

I see this also from time to time when i resume from sleep win 8.1 and than kodi take up to 20/30 sec to start
Happened again to the wife the other night, more annoying than anything but would love to be able to resolve it. I am running Win8.1, kodi not running as the shell. I don't have any ext players or other stuff being launched. I basically just use L4K to exit & then launch Kodi after sleep.

(2016-03-14, 09:10)eddedrukker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 10:28)jerry666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-20, 00:28)kgoroway Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting... I came here to report the *EXACT* same thing....except I'm on Windows 7. It seems to take forever for kodi to launch when waking from standby.

I am having this problem as well, have done for a long while. Works perfectly most of the time then all of a sudden Kodi will take ages to open. Awesome tool in all respect.

I see this also from time to time when i resume from sleep win 8.1 and than kodi take up to 20/30 sec to start
Hi there, i have a question, i use kodi to record/watch tv all are controled by a harmonyone remote. Now kodi boots ok when i press my activity on the harmony one to watch tv (htpc starts, receiver starts, tv gets on) this works great for many years (former windows mediacenter). Now i am on kodi, and i use kodi4launcher to boot into kodi after resume from sleepsate or normale reboot. this works ok but when a recording has started from sleep state (scheduled) than only the htpc (win 8.1) is on and it records the scheduled program, but when i press my activity watch tv the harmony starts the receiver and tv ok but there is no kodi homescreen (htpc is still recording). In windows mediacenter it used to only switch sound on and the homescreen of mediacenter is there. That was because the harmony knows that the htpc was on. in kodi now i see the homescreen of my yamaha receiver and i have to pick my mouse and klick once to get kodi come visible. I have hooked the htpc to DrHdmi device because of the EDID (hdmi) so that is not the problem, the htpc see Always a tv attached even if tv is off. How can i get kodi to show the home screen when resume during a recording? kodi is not running in shell
Hi, one short question. If i run kodi in shell, how can i come back to windows? Quit Kodi?

Edit: I have test this and after quit kodi (shell) i am back in windows. Great!
Is there a way to launch external apps with a command line or a shortcut? I'd like to launch certain apps in the background minimized...
Just downloaded this awesome executable. Thank you to whoever was the developer(s).

Question:
Do I have to keep the "Launcher4Kod" window "minimized" in order for it to function, or can I click "X"
and close the window and therefore it works in the "background" without having to be "minimized"
into the Windows TaskbarHuh
I wish I can have the following function:

I have Kodi and KaraOkay aplication on HTPC, only one should be running at a time. I use MCE remote. What I want is:

1. Press Green Windows Key launch Kodi (Already there)
2. Press another key (not used in Kodi) launches KaraOkay application.( I managed to map the key, it is working)
3. If Kodi is already running when launching the karaokay application, close the Kodi automatically (or asking for confirmation to prevent accidently key press)
4. If KaraOkay application is already running, launching Kodi will close the KaraOkay application (or asking for confirmation to prevent accidently key press).
5. When KaraOkay application is running, keep focus just like when running Kodi.

Thank you.
Hello,

I recently switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Now I have the Netflix "App" that I would like to have as an External Application in the Launcher4Kodi, so that I can prevent Kodi focus.
How do I do that? The Launcher asks for an ".exe"...

I could already find the App folder and create a shortcut on the desktop, but this does not help with the launcher.

I really appreciate any help with this.
Thanks.

chancenvergeber
When using kodi.exe as shell so that on startup, my HTPC boots directly into Kodi, I won't get any sound working in Chrome browser. Sounds in Kodi are working fine, I can watch anything, but once I launch Chrome from Kodi (to run Netflix in it), I don't have any sounds.

Any idea on how to fix that?
Hi Everyone !

I wonder if I forgot to check an option somewhere...

I put chrome.exe in applications to prevent focus and I launch it from Advanced Launcher in Kodi. Everything is fine, Kodi goes to task bar, chrome opens. When I close chrome, I remain on desktop Kodi does not "remaximize".

Can someone point me to the "dummy" option I forgot ?

Thanks
All, recently updated XMBCLauncher to Launcher4Kodi under Windows 10 -- mainly as it seems the 'focus' part of XBMCLanucher is not working. However, had the following issue with Launcher4Kodi:

No matter what I tried to set the 'shell' seemed to point at the path to the XBMCLauncher program directory (it showed the updated shell in the GUI but it did not stick). I tried running as admin to change but no matter what it stayed with XBMCLauncher as the shell -- even if I tried explorer! Needless to say, Windows started as the shell as XBMCLauncher was no longer installed. I had to revert to XBMCLauncher but as previously focus is not working.

Possibly an issue with upgrading form one to the other? I also tried to look for properties, cfg, registry entries, .xmls to try and clean up XBMCLauncher but without any luck.

Anyone seeing the same or have an idea on how to get Launcher4Kodi to point to the Laucher4Kodi shell?
(2016-05-29, 11:15)jaochoo Wrote: [ -> ]When using kodi.exe as shell so that on startup, my HTPC boots directly into Kodi, I won't get any sound working in Chrome browser. Sounds in Kodi are working fine, I can watch anything, but once I launch Chrome from Kodi (to run Netflix in it), I don't have any sounds.

Any idea on how to fix that?
Can anyone help?
Dudes,

So heres the situtation... im running kodi on a HTPC as a media centre for all the videos and stuff i have on my NAS. In addition i use it to access Slingfront a program used to view a slingbox stream from another location (in my case it is UK TV being streamed to where i am in australia). Slingfront comes with a "plugin" for kodi which when pressed basically fires up the external slingfront program on top of kodi. When you exit slingfront you are returned to kodi.

Now heres the thing... i use a logitech harmony one remote to put my computer to sleep which is executed by sending the keystrokes Escape, Escape then sleep. The two escapes are to get out of slingfront and back to the kodi homescreen which is what i want to see when i awaken the machine. This shutdown sequence works only 60% of the time though presumably because IR signals are not received or well, its just crap.

Can Launcher4Kodi help me with my shutdown woes?
Never had a problem with XBMC Launcher, always worked fine.
I have done a fresh install of Windows 8.1, installed Kodi and Launcher for Kodi, but the launcher doesn't start at Windows boot.
Do I have to do this myself?
I'm trying to launch a compiled autohotkeyscript (.exe file) from the external program apps tab (kodi shell) but it won't start (read: my hotkeys aren't working). They do work when I run it in the explorer shell. I tried to launch something simple like iexplore.exe and that does work. Any idea why it won't run the other .exe file?