Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what does "Check focus only once" do? Thank you!
(2017-09-19, 04:18)Grumpy Wrote: [ -> ]Might be of use for someone. I use the Windows store version of Kodi and a desktop shortcut to run Kodi along with a IR Remote.
The short cut URL uses KODI: to call Kodi to run as there is no Kodi.exe.
You can prove this by using the Start right click Run and type in KODI:

Does this mean Launcher4kodi wol Work
With the windows store version?
I've been using the launcher for a year but it has started to throw an error.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
 and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I can't find the class id 6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52 in the dcom cinfig list at all.

How can i give it launch permissions. 

Erick
Is it possible to add a feature to delay Kodi start until specified network interface is switched to the connected state?
How to add a bunch of applications to the kodi focus prevention list. I know I can add 3*3 applications through GUI but what if I have 14 games installed (9+4 at max if we configure as external player) and want to start games directly from Kodi? Kindly suggest.
(2018-01-07, 22:19)arabesc Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add a feature to delay Kodi start until specified network interface is switched to the connected state?
 Already exists. Check the first tab in the settings GUI:

"Delay Kodi startup by XXX Seconds" (Last item in that tab). On mine I set it to 60 seconds. This covers both ethernet connectivity and Wireless (which takes a bit longer to establish a connection) on that machine.
(2018-02-10, 23:37)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]"Delay Kodi startup by XXX Seconds" (Last item in that tab). On mine I set it to 60 seconds.
What's reason to wait 60 seconds if connection is already established? It's waste of time.
I've abandoned Launcher4Kodi in favour of EventGhost. I've implemented there what I want through a simple Python script.
(2018-02-11, 00:33)arabesc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-10, 23:37)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]"Delay Kodi startup by XXX Seconds" (Last item in that tab). On mine I set it to 60 seconds.
What's reason to wait 60 seconds if connection is already established? It's waste of time.
I've abandoned Launcher4Kodi in favour of EventGhost. I've implemented there what I want through a simple Python script. 
In two posts you've just contradicted yourself. In your first post you asked for a method to prevent Kodi starting until the network connection was established. I gave you the solution. Kodi Launcher is an automation script, it's not able to "sense" the connected state of your netwok connection. The delay is a workable compromise.
Is there a way to add a metro apps to the External App Groups? (since they don't have an .exe)
Windows 1803 has killed Launcher4Kodi for me. Once launched, both keyboard and remote response is disabled. I have to click on something with the mouse to get remote response back. Tried several settings. Disabling Launcher4Kodi fixes the issue.

Any known fixes?
My problem was with an AutoHotKey script. Fixing the script resolved the issue. There is nothing wrong with Launcher4Kodi.
Anyone have any issues with the focus feature since Windows 1803?  It won't keep kodi on top anymore and not sure why.  The only changes on the boxes has been regular patches and the 1803 update.
Hi

I just tried the launcher today and for me it doesn't work either.

Addition when I set it to start in a shell with launcher4kodi I get a taskbar- so I assume that's also broken.
Care to share the fix for others?
There is an extra build fo Kodi for "always on top" - works for me, however its unsupported by team Kodi