Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^^. Use the option 'send focus only once' or set the game exe file as external player. This will stop xbmc from getting the focus.
Concerning the appearing of the shutdown menu!

Can't figure this alt+f4 /s Stuff out...
I have edited out the Lines of the source code and recompiled the exe.
Still sudpending my system shows me the shutdown menu?

Please some advice Smile[/align]
(2012-12-02, 21:57)h8redv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning the appearing of the shutdown menu!

I've done the same and still can't get the shutdown menu to go away.
Hi,
How do I get the launcher to handle the mce remote green button to start XBMC. Or is it easier to use the mce remote add-on.
Thank you,
E
(2012-12-05, 02:11)DRai23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-02, 21:57)h8redv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning the appearing of the shutdown menu!

I Think somehow it still sendes "s" at the shutdown.

(2012-12-05, 02:11)DRai23 Wrote: [ -> ]

'S' is the keyboard shortcut for shutdown window. It is defined by the keymap.xml file and not by XBMCLauncher. What xbmclauncher do is capture Alt+F4 and send 'S' instead so that xbmc won't close instantly. If you don't want to see the shutdown window then edit the keymap.xml file. Someone posted the command in previous pages. I think it is something like <s>XBMC.Suspend</s>

(2012-12-05, 04:31)EricHoya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
How do I get the launcher to handle the mce remote green button to start XBMC. Or is it easier to use the mce remote add-on.
Thank you,
E

For controlling xbmc with mce remote and to start xbmc using green button, please install the keymap file and mce remote registry option during the installation of xbmclauncher.
Nice program; thank you for your work.

I have a perplexing issue on Windows 8 Pro (x64).

When the system boots it will not focus on XBMC. I realize their maybe a delay in loading XBMC, but even after 60 seconds it will just sit at the Metro interface. However if you mouse over the "Desktop" tile and click it flips into XBMC. OR if you boot the system and let it sit at the Metro interface long enough to let the PC go into "Sleep" mode; when you wake it up XBMC will have focus.

As I research this behavior it looks like my focus is being stolen by the Metro UI. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

[UPDATE]
Ok, so I had one other place in my head to look around at and Guess What; I found a way to consistently get Windows 8 Pro (x64) to launch into XBMC. I did the following;
-In Metro UI; Search
-Searched for "Scheduler"
-Created a Task
Select Task Scheduler Library; Create Task (named Boot to Explorer)
Select Triggers>New: "At Log on"
Select Actions>New; Browse for explorer.exe, select
Ok and reboot.
The system logs on; goes to explorer and then the Launcher script kicks in and 3 seconds later XBMC automagically launches and has focus.

Stupid Metro UI.

Sorry, I don't have Windows 8, so can't suggest any fix. Are you not getting xbmc in focus even after using xbmc launcher?
I installed the launcher per your instructions; and Windows 8 Pro loaded into the Metro UI; not Directly into XBMC; however as soon as I clicked on the "Desktop" tile it flipped into XBMC and the Launcher performed as expected (focus, shutdown, etc). Which got me searching for information about how to control the Metro UI which is what I found above. The steps I outlined in my edited post above work and it now launches directly into XBMC every time I startup/reboot. That behavior was weird, but if other folks have the same issue maybe the above instructions will be of use (especially since they don't require any special third-party programs or direct egistry edits).

Thanks again for the launcher.
Thanks to baijuxavior for the launcher. It worked great in windows 7.

When I upgraded to Windows 8, I had a similiar problem to Mohrdain.
I launched in the XBMC shell, but when I exit the program, I get the file explorer with a black screen background-no metro UI.
(I had also enabled the run explorer when quitting function in Launcher)

I ran Mohrdain's task scheduler fix(Thank you) and changed the launcher to run in the Windows shell and the problem was fixed.

I love this software, but as some people have mentioned it doesn't play very well with advance launcher. If there was a way to add more than one external player path it would work perfectly, you could just add in every program you are trying to launch.

Just a thought!

Hi ! I'm new here. Just tested your programm, almost perfect !
The only issue I have is I launch xbmc.exe with the -p launch param. And this cannot apparently be saved in xbmclauncher. Did I miss something or could this be an easily added feature ?

Thanks !
Please edit the xbmclauncher.ahk file in the source code to include the -p parameter. This has been discussed in previous pages.
I have an error message from Ati at the start : CLI.exe can't start.
Now when I use my external player, TMT5, it doesn't find the audio output and send audio in pcm stereo...

Can you help me ?

Thank

edit : I start in XBMC shell mode and I install the amd version.
Try the normal version. The difference between non amd and amd version is that in amd version it tries to launch the CLI.exe.

What is the audio device in xbmc? If it is wasapi, xbmc takes full control of audio device and you cannot use other players. Change it to DirectSound.