Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Windows 8 hybrid shutdown, it takes only 10 seconds to boot to the metro UI screen and I start xbmc manually by clicking the tile. I need explorer running for XBMConIMON to work correctly. 40 seconds boot time from SSD is high. By enabling hybrid shutdown you can reduce the boot time considerably. But the problem is that when you shutdown PC from XBMC's shutdown menu, it is a full shutdown and subsequent booting will take more time than boot from hybrid shutdown.

This is how I have configured my xbmc.

1. Installed XBMCLauncher as shell
2. Selected custom shutdown menu during installation which will replace the XBMC shutdown to hybrid instead of full shutdown.
3. Selected Add Power menu options to metro start during installation
4. Added XBMConIMON and iMON manager to start with the launcher.
5. Disabled autostart of XBMC
6. Enabled 'Start Metro UI when XBMC is closed'.
7. I have also changed the xbmclauncher script for green button to toggle between metro screen and desktop instead of starting xbmc. This version is not uploaded for download.
8. The launcher script is also modified to control TMT5 and WinDVD 11 using the same mce remote key codes.

So when I turn on the HTPC, XBMCLauncher loads and with it imon manager and xbmconimon. Since xbmc is not selected to run at startup, the metro UI starts. From the metro skin I can start xbmc or TMT5 or WinDVD as the case may be.

If you install the custom shutdown menu, it will enable hybrid shutdown which will result in faster booting. The custom shutdown works for confluence skin only. For other skins you may need to edit the shutdown menu manually.
(2013-03-01, 14:19)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]With Windows 8 hybrid shutdown, it takes only 10 seconds to boot to the metro UI screen and I start xbmc manually by clicking the tile. I need explorer running for XBMConIMON to work correctly. 40 seconds boot time from SSD is high. By enabling hybrid shutdown you can reduce the boot time considerably. But the problem is that when you shutdown PC from XBMC's shutdown menu, it is a full shutdown and subsequent booting will take more time than boot from hybrid shutdown.

2. Selected custom shutdown menu during installation which will replace the XBMC shutdown to hybrid instead of full shutdown.
7. I have also changed the xbmclauncher script for green button to toggle between metro screen and desktop instead of starting xbmc. This version is not uploaded for download.
8. The launcher script is also modified to control TMT5 and WinDVD 11 using the same mce remote key codes.

So when I turn on the HTPC, XBMCLauncher loads and with it imon manager and xbmconimon. Since xbmc is not selected to run at startup, the metro UI starts. From the metro skin I can start xbmc or TMT5 or WinDVD as the case may be.

If you install the custom shutdown menu, it will enable hybrid shutdown which will result in faster booting. The custom shutdown works for confluence skin only. For other skins you may need to edit the shutdown menu manually.

Thanks for a detailed reply, i always wondered wile xbmc shutdown takes longer than shut down using metro ui now i know, i will re install xbmlauncher tonight with similar settings but to match my desired setup and see what happens, thanks again for the reply :>

(2013-03-01, 14:09)jonatan Wrote: [ -> ]My boot time windiws 7 ssd using launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5oqE7Pm...ata_player

How have you tweeked it to say starting xbmc rather than windows?
(2013-03-01, 14:19)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]With Windows 8 hybrid shutdown, it takes only 10 seconds to boot to the metro UI screen and I start xbmc manually by clicking the tile. I need explorer running for XBMConIMON to work correctly. 40 seconds boot time from SSD is high. By enabling hybrid shutdown you can reduce the boot time considerably. But the problem is that when you shutdown PC from XBMC's shutdown menu, it is a full shutdown and subsequent booting will take more time than boot from hybrid shutdown.

Hey there, love this tool Smile

I'd like to ask; seems we use the same software and both soundgraph imon LCD. Still XBMConiMON doesn't work at all for me.
Could you help me out? what do you need?
i use XBMC Frodo
Latest iMON manager
XBMConiMON 1.4
it's win 8 pro upgraded from win 7 pro, i checked and both framework 3.5 and 4.5 are checked.

Thank you so much, and even more for this great launcher
It is an older version of xbmconimon. Try the latest version from http://www.filedropper.com/imon-on-xbmc-by-parslej
(2013-03-02, 06:32)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]It is an older version of xbmconimon. Try the latest version from http://www.filedropper.com/imon-on-xbmc-by-parslej

Thank you, this is terrific.
So I was loving this program, mainly for the focus feature so it would stop programs from interupting vids but it also replaced hibernate trigger for me with the sleep stuff. But ever since I installed it, I'd ocassionally get videos hanging for a a sec, kinda glitching/repeating slightly, was on different vids and would happen at least once every day. Uninstalled the program and it stopped. Weird. I really liked the program but can't use it unfortunately due to this issue.
I've been using XBMCLauncher for a few days now and it was perfect but now all of a sudden I'm getting these errors during boot up. I tried reinstalling XBMC, EventGhost, and XBMCLauncher. Problem still persists.

Any idea what's going on?
Something wrong with your OS so that the application is unable to get the OS version. Download the source code and open the XBMCLauncher.ahk file in notepad. Remove the following two lines:

objWMIService := ComObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" A_ComputerName "\root\cimv2")
For objOperatingSystem in objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

Then set the OSVersion to 6.2 if Windows8, or 6.1 if Windows 7.

Global OSVersion := 6.2

Save the script and compile it to get the exe file. Replace the XBMCLauncher.exe file in the Programs folder with this exe.
Thank you for your help baijuxavior!

However, I don't know how to compile so I went ahead and reinstalled Windows 8 instead. Everything works again.
^^. Compiling the script is easy. Install autohotkey from the link provided in the first page. Right click the .ahk file and select the menu for compile.
Awesome app!

I'm using it with iMon and CCC and no issues so far. Watching a movie goes fluently, waking and sleeping goes without issues and the 'keep focus'-feature is great! Now I can remove the ALT+TAB shortcut from my harmony remote! Smile

Edit: and is it me or does not having to load explorer.exe speed up the system? Everything feels faster and more stable.
Oops, right after I wrote the review I ran into an issue.

I just woke up the system from sleep and iMon Manager doesn't load, so I can't use the remote.

Any trick to fix this?

Edit: and also, the power button-menu doesn't open in the context menu. I see the menu when I right-click, but when I move my pointer over it or click on it nothing happens.
(2013-03-05, 10:31)m1mi.dan0s Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, right after I wrote the review I ran into an issue.

I just woke up the system from sleep and iMon Manager doesn't load, so I can't use the remote.

Any trick to fix this?

Edit: and also, the power button-menu doesn't open in the context menu. I see the menu when I right-click, but when I move my pointer over it or click on it nothing happens.

for the power button-menu, did you try win+F10 from within XBMC? that's how i go there most of the time.

First of all, this is a great app, i do love it.

1. i have the same issue as aboven but not always, just some times.
2. also the purple login screen. sometimes it stops there and i need to klik on it with remote, and sometimes it does it automatically going directly to xbmc.
3. i have the pulse eight libcec gdmi/usb thingy. this switches off tv and amp when i shutdown xbmc (good) but also when i just exit xbmc (where then i'd like to go to metro). that is a bit of a pain, anyone know
if it's possible that when exiting xbmc cec won't ask for a shutdown?

one more time: really great app, it's what i needed from the beginning as eventghost etc, i couldn't make work right.

1 more question, in the run applications xhen xbmc launcher starts, i added CCC and anyDVD. is that neccassery?

Thanks.
(2013-03-05, 10:31)m1mi.dan0s Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, right after I wrote the review I ran into an issue.

Any trick to fix this?

The application will not close iMON manager on sleep. It will close xbmc and xbmconimon only if you have selected 'Force close xbmc on sleep'. So iMON manager will be always running in the background when you resume from sleep. Please check the process list or the notification area icons for iMON manager. If it is not there then we can think of a solution.

You mean the xbmc power button menu which you can access by 'S' is missing in xbmc?

(2013-03-05, 10:52)ShinobiX9X Wrote: [ -> ]

Any trick to fix this?

for the power button-menu, did you try win+F10 from within XBMC? that's how i go there most of the time.

First of all, this is a great app, i do love it.

1. i have the same issue as aboven but not always, just some times.
2. also the purple login screen. sometimes it stops there and i need to klik on it with remote, and sometimes it does it automatically going directly to xbmc.
3. i have the pulse eight libcec gdmi/usb thingy. this switches off tv and amp when i shutdown xbmc (good) but also when i just exit xbmc (where then i'd like to go to metro). that is a bit of a pain, anyone know
if it's possible that when exiting xbmc cec won't ask for a shutdown?

one more time: really great app, it's what i needed from the beginning as eventghost etc, i couldn't make work right.

1 more question, in the run applications xhen xbmc launcher starts, i added CCC and anyDVD. is that neccassery?

Thanks.

1. Are you having problem with iMON manager or Power menu?
2. Can you explain more like are you using xbmc in shell mode?
3. Sorry, I have no idea about these cec adapters
4. CCC is recommended if you are running xbmc in shell mode. AnyDVD is necessary for blu-ray playback.

Any trick to fix this?

I ran Advanced System Care, which found over a 100 registry errors and some errors on my disk. After that the iMon related issue was fixed.

However, the power-shortcuts in the context menu issue persists.

(2013-03-05, 15:29)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]You mean the xbmc power button menu which you can access by 'S' is missing in xbmc?

No, I mean the shortcuts in explorer.exe, that are optional to be added during installation. I chose to only add them in the context-menu (right click on desktop) and not in the metro-screen.

When I right click on the desktop, at the bottom of the context-menu I see the menu named 'power' with a '>' next to it indicating it should unfold more options. But they don't appear, regardless of when I click on it or if I scroll over it. Other menu's, such as "Add to..." or "Sort by..." behave normally.

Windows 8 issue? Or XBMC Launcher issue?