Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Enable the option 'Start Windows8 Metro UI when XBMC is closed'
Hello,

I configured xbmc as a shell but, if I quit xbmc to use windows (win 8 64bits), I have a black screen. Same thing if I check metro ui or explorer at xbmc close.

I have to launch taskmanager and launcher explorer.exe to have the windows desktop.

What can I do ?

Thanks
Hello,
Thank you for this wonderful program but I was wondering,
is there a way to add parameters when launching XBMC?

I want to force it to be fullscreen on startup with the -fs parameter.
(2013-10-30, 17:07)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I configured xbmc as a shell but, if I quit xbmc to use windows (win 8 64bits), I have a black screen. Same thing if I check metro ui or explorer at xbmc close.

I have to launch taskmanager and launcher explorer.exe to have the windows desktop.

What can I do ?

Thanks

Did you check the setting to either Start Metro UI or Explorer on XBMC exit?
(2013-10-30, 17:07)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

What can I do ?

Thanks

It works on my 32 bit OS. I don't have 64 bit to test. You should enable the options 'Start Explorer' and 'Start metro UI' when xbmc is closed.

(2013-10-31, 15:39)Cosmo_Kramer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

You need to edit the source code xbmclauncher.ahk
(2013-11-01, 03:45)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-31, 15:39)Cosmo_Kramer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

You need to edit the source code xbmclauncher.ahk
Thank you for the reply. Is there any chance you could please do this for me? I could probably manage but I'm afriad of messing up the code.
It'd be a great feature for the release version anyways, so please consider.
I will update the tool with an option to specify parameter.
Post Deleted
I am using XBMC Launcher on Win 8.1 with XBMC shell and autostart. However the focus option doesn't seem to work at all. I searched this thread, stole the activity window by using alt+tab and XBMC Launcher never brought it back. I tried focus delay checked, unchecked, is it actually supposed to be checked or not? Focus delay is set as default to 10s.

Everything else seems to work great.
Please check if focus is disabled permanently or set to use only once. Also check if any external apps are added to start with the launcher and prevent xbmc focus.
(2013-11-10, 09:16)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Please check if focus is disabled permanently or set to use only once. Also check if any external apps are added to start with the launcher and prevent xbmc focus.

No external apps at all under external apps tab.
Also focus is not disabled permanently.

Any other ideas why focus doesn't work regardless if I check "use only once" or uncheck? Win 8.1 64bit pretty much clean install for HTPC purposes only.
I found out that focus works only if I re-enter XBMC after explorer is launched. Is it a correct behaviour? If so that's slightly diminish the convenience of shell change and XBMC startup.
I don't know if something has changed in Win 8.1 that causes this problem, I am still using Win8.
(2013-11-10, 14:43)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if something has changed in Win 8.1 that causes this problem, I am still using Win8.

I tried different options and configurations. It seems that auto focus doesn't work at all if XBMC auto starts regardless of the shell settings. However when launched from Metro Start menu, everything works fine. I am not very technical when it comes to Windows as I use it only for HTPC, but it seems that XBMC Launcher needs to see "Desktop" first before it really works. Don't know if it makes sense or not but this are my observations.

Adding explorer.exe as external app doesn't help as it minimize XBMC and land on Metro Start, while XBMC Launcher doesn't bring focus back.

Any chances to get this fixed for 8.1?
I am not upgrading to Windows 8.1. Let me check if the problem exists in Win 8. I am using xbmclauncher as shell, but starts xbmc from the metro launcher. I had a similar problem with focus when I set xbmc to start with administrator privileges.