Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-08-20, 10:42)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem as Clutchless, any updates on this? And where is that new topic? on changing boot screens and stuff

Sorry, I cannot give any updates to the problem you and others mentioned as the problem cannot be reproduced on my machine. It starts windows desktop in my case as is intended. Which OS are you using 64 or 32 bit?. I'm using 32 bit and I have never tested the scripts on 64 bit OS.
I will soon post a thread on changing boot screens etc. Thanks.

(2012-08-20, 11:50)StefanK Wrote: [ -> ]I have made a number of modifications to my keyboard.xml (including the mentioned Ctrl+Alt+S). Is there a special keymap for XBMCLauncher - and where do I find it?

XBMCLauncher does not use any keymap files. It simply starts xbmc and monitors it. I have added a custom keymap file in the installer which is not checked by default. You can install it if you want. It has nothing got to do with the functioning of XBMCLauncher. Are you sure the keycode CTrl+Alt+S worked before? Because it is not working on my xbmc frodo alpha 4 version also.

(2012-08-20, 11:56)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the difference with this method: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37492&page=7
Which one is better?
Cant you make disabling logos, windows screens and stuff part of the xbmc launcher?
When I got to Shutdown > Quit it just brings up the Windows Libraries window vs the explorer shell. Will there come a fix for this?

The methods described in that thread uses tools like eventghost, instantsheller etc. which imho is not easy for a newbie and is not needed for changing shell. Infact changing shell is a very simple hack. You can set any exe file as shell by just editing the registry key 'Shell' under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. The default value of Shell is 'Explorer.exe' which is changed to 'XBMCLauncher.exe' when using this app.

It is not easy to add features like disabling logos, windows screens etc. in xbmclauncher. But as I said before, I will post a new thread on that subject soon.

As I pointed out, in my case desktop is loaded when xbmc is closed. I don't know why windows library folder is loading instead.
I'm using win 7 64 bit edition...

The link i provided, in fact is very simpel to use... and it does disable logos and stuff...

The reason why i would chose yours, is cause it would be useful when i click exit, it turns on explorer..
But now that doesnt function...

So im doubting which one to use...
I also get the libraries window pop up when exiting instead of the explorer desktop
(2012-08-20, 17:36)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]I also get the libraries window pop up when exiting instead of the explorer desktop

if you press ctrl+shift+esc key and enter new task: "explorer.exe" you do get the desktop... (but it should do it automatically)

perhaps he made a wrong link...
we definately need a fix for it...
is there a way we can check what the "exit" on xbmc refer to?
(2012-08-20, 17:21)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using win 7 64 bit edition...

The link i provided, in fact is very simpel to use... and it does disable logos and stuff...

The reason why i would chose yours, is cause it would be useful when i click exit, it turns on explorer..
But now that doesnt function...

So im doubting which one to use...

In instantsheller there is options to set desktop background, startup screen etc. to blank. I mainly developed this program to keep xbmc in focus in explorer as I'm not using xbmc as shell since explorer is needed for my imon lcd to display information. You can choose xbmclauncher as the application to shell in instantsheller if you want functionality of xbmclauncher and customize background using instantsheller.

(2012-08-20, 17:39)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-20, 17:36)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]I also get the libraries window pop up when exiting instead of the explorer desktop

if you press ctrl+shift+esc key and enter new task: "explorer.exe" you do get the desktop... (but it should do it automatically)

perhaps he made a wrong link...
we definately need a fix for it...
is there a way we can check what the "exit" on xbmc refer to?

There is no wrong link. The script calls explorer.exe using command 'run explorer.exe' when xbmc is closed (just like you did in task manager using ctrl+shift+esc) and it should start explorer . This works fine on my 32 bit system. You are free to edit the source code I uploaded. I don't have a 64 bit system, so can't edit the script for it.
My skills arent that advanced...also id rather use one script instead of combination of 2
Ill wait then for your other topic

Anyone able to fix this x64 problem?
is this the problem?
im not a good coder but a good google user Wink

or can you replace with?:

cmd.exe /C "START explorer.exe"
(2012-08-20, 19:19)Nimo Wrote: [ -> ]is this the problem?
im not a good coder but a good google user Wink

Could very well be, but my knowledge to adjust sucks, i hope topicstarter can Wink
when i add cmd.exe /C "START explorer.exe" in taskmanager it works. but i dont know how it works as script.
(2012-08-20, 19:32)Nimo Wrote: [ -> ]when i add cmd.exe /C "START explorer.exe" in taskmanager it works. but i dont know how it works as script.

It already did in taskmanager Smile but not from the script
(2012-08-20, 15:27)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-20, 11:50)StefanK Wrote: [ -> ]I have made a number of modifications to my keyboard.xml (including the mentioned Ctrl+Alt+S). Is there a special keymap for XBMCLauncher - and where do I find it?

XBMCLauncher does not use any keymap files. It simply starts xbmc and monitors it. I have added a custom keymap file in the installer which is not checked by default. You can install it if you want. It has nothing got to do with the functioning of XBMCLauncher. Are you sure the keycode CTrl+Alt+S worked before? Because it is not working on my xbmc frodo alpha 4 version also.

I made ctrl+alt+s work as a Suspend command on a machine not running XBMCLauncher. On the machine with XBMCLauncher I have now changed the (plain) S to order instant Suspend. This suspends the machine allows for XBMCLauncher to exit XBMC. If I need the shutdown-menu I can still find it in the XBMC interface.
i read the help file from autohotkey and found that: Run, %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe, %SystemRoot%
(2012-08-20, 22:04)Nimo Wrote: [ -> ]i read the help file from autohotkey and found that: Run, %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe, %SystemRoot%

I don't know how this will help, but I have changed the run explorer command as suggested. It works on my 32bit Win7. Users of 64bit can test it.
(2012-08-21, 08:13)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-20, 22:04)Nimo Wrote: [ -> ]i read the help file from autohotkey and found that: Run, %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe, %SystemRoot%

I don't know how this will help, but I have changed the run explorer command as suggested. It works on my 32bit Win7. Users of 64bit can test it.

Where is it? i'll try

edit: found it Smile
Testing right away; im curious
(2012-08-21, 08:13)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, I can confirm
Now it works !!!!!

Pressing exit, brings me to the desktop instead of the library in the xbmc shell! (Running windows 7 64 bit)
Great! Fixed!

Shouldnt this Method be on the wiki? It deserves it Smile
Jumping to this method now, instead of the other link.

Baijuxavior, any idea when you'll make the other topic? Will you post a link here too? So we dont miss it.

Thanks for the quick update !!!