Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-10-01, 10:58)AussieFries Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to do it! I couldn't resist changing all paths and references to xbmc.exe to kodi.exe. No problems so far. Thanks Richard.

No worries, glad I could help.
I used this launcher in win7, and then changed my htpc os to win8.1, finding it doesn't quite work as expected. I decided to fork the master branch so I could add some new features and hopefully add the fixes for win8.1. All changes are in a dev branch here:
https://github.com/robbforce/XBMC-Launcher/tree/dev

Main changes include:
  • Replaced the external players and applications tabs with grid views and added routines to handle storing multiple applications / players.
  • Most settings were moved to configuration files located in the user's local data folder. (None of the autohotkey scripts have been updated yet to pull from these settings files).
  • Started re-labeling the application for Kodi. (This still needs more work).

I know nothing about autohotkey scripting, so maybe someone can compile this and figure out how to read the XML settings files. Smile
(2014-10-08, 00:20)robb_force Wrote: [ -> ]I used this launcher in win7, and then changed my htpc os to win8.1, finding it doesn't quite work as expected. I decided to fork the master branch so I could add some new features and hopefully add the fixes for win8.1. All changes are in a dev branch here:
https://github.com/robbforce/XBMC-Launcher/tree/dev

Main changes include:
  • Replaced the external players and applications tabs with grid views and added routines to handle storing multiple applications / players.
  • Most settings were moved to configuration files located in the user's local data folder. (None of the autohotkey scripts have been updated yet to pull from these settings files).
  • Started re-labeling the application for Kodi. (This still needs more work).

I know nothing about autohotkey scripting, so maybe someone can compile this and figure out how to read the XML settings files. Smile

Thanks. You are most welcome to modify the code as you wish. I have started working on a new launcher for kodi and would like to add features from your script.Please mention the features/fixes you added for Win 8.1. Settings was stored in .ini file in previous versions, but I changed it to registry as it is easy to read and write to registry. I have not tried xml file yet.
Quote:Please mention the features/fixes you added for Win 8.1.
I haven't made any changes to the scripts yet, as I've been working on the settings application primarily to add the flexibility for unlimited external applications.

I moved most settings out of the registry because user-specific config files are a more common practice lately and if you have to modify the configuration directly, for some reason, it's much easier/safer to edit a text file over modifying entries in regedit.

The reading / writing to and from the xml files in .net is pretty simple. I'm hoping it's a simple affair in autohotkey as well.
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Win 8.1 (on a dedicated HTPC)... when the system boots up, it goes to the start screen instead of XMBC. XBMC is loaded, because when I use the cursor keys or my remote, I can hear it responding to navigation clicks, but it won't display until I use the mouse to click the tile (and then it switches automatically and all is well).

This only happens with a clean boot. If I suspend the HTPC and then resume, it (mostly) works ok. Sometimes the taskbar will have focus over XMBC, and won't go away until I mouse click on XBMC.

Any ideas?
Just installed on Wndows 7 32 bit and XBMC 13.2 . only to get errors on shutdown or exit . Exit gives me a c++ runtime error that the program is shutting down abnormally or something like that. Then I get a message that XBMC has stopped working . IN both cases then a mouse is required to click ok or a keyboard I suppose.

Not even uninstalling fixes the problems it caused

IMHO this seems toxic, and I may be left now with a reformat and I was only interested in running xbmc as the shell

I hope that others here consider themselves warned
(2014-10-10, 14:51)metalbeast Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Win 8.1 (on a dedicated HTPC)... when the system boots up, it goes to the start screen instead of XMBC. XBMC is loaded, because when I use the cursor keys or my remote, I can hear it responding to navigation clicks, but it won't display until I use the mouse to click the tile (and then it switches automatically and all is well).

This only happens with a clean boot. If I suspend the HTPC and then resume, it (mostly) works ok. Sometimes the taskbar will have focus over XMBC, and won't go away until I mouse click on XBMC.

Any ideas?

Did you select xbmclauncher as shell during installation and to start xbmc on startup? Otherwise the desktop will start normally.

(2014-10-13, 09:01)tekno Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed on Wndows 7 32 bit and XBMC 13.2 . only to get errors on shutdown or exit . Exit gives me a c++ runtime error that the program is shutting down abnormally or something like that. Then I get a message that XBMC has stopped working . IN both cases then a mouse is required to click ok or a keyboard I suppose.

Not even uninstalling fixes the problems it caused

IMHO this seems toxic, and I may be left now with a reformat and I was only interested in running xbmc as the shell

I hope that others here consider themselves warned

Did you try reinstalling xbmc? It may solve the problem. I'm unaware of this problem as nobody has posted it before.
(2014-10-13, 15:39)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Did you select xbmclauncher as shell during installation and to start xbmc on startup? Otherwise the desktop will start normally.

I didn't, I was hoping to avoid that, as I want to still have the Windows shell available when I exit XBMC (eg for watching content through browser and so forth). I'll give it a shot, thanks!
(2014-10-14, 14:59)metalbeast Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-13, 15:39)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Did you select xbmclauncher as shell during installation and to start xbmc on startup? Otherwise the desktop will start normally.

I didn't, I was hoping to avoid that, as I want to still have the Windows shell available when I exit XBMC (eg for watching content through browser and so forth). I'll give it a shot, thanks!

You should set xbmclauncher as shell and enable the options for xbmc to start at login and start explorer when xbmc is closed.
good night
how can I return the rear with the changes? I can not turn off the xbmc and go back to windows explorer! because when I unplug the xbmc, the image is all black and I can not do anything !!!
urgent, need help!
(2014-10-21, 22:45)draik Wrote: [ -> ]good night
how can I return the rear with the changes? I can not turn off the xbmc and go back to windows explorer! because when I unplug the xbmc, the image is all black and I can not do anything !!!
urgent, need help!

Press Win+E, it will start explorer if XBMCLauncher is running. Then enable the option to start explorer when xbmc is closed in the settings to avoid problems in future.

(You can also press CTrl+Shift+Esc to start taskmanager, then File > New Task> type explorer.)
Hi you all!

I was a happy user of XBMC Launcher untill I installed Kodi. I changed the program path and yes, Kodi starts, but immediately it gets minimized and I manually have to clic the taskbar icon in order to make it full screen again. Never happened before with XBMC... so, ¿help anyone?
(2014-10-22, 15:01)Starbuck1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi you all!

I was a happy user of XBMC Launcher untill I installed Kodi. I changed the program path and yes, Kodi starts, but immediately it gets minimized and I manually have to clic the taskbar icon in order to make it full screen again. Never happened before with XBMC... so, ¿help anyone?

I'm working on a kodi version of xbmclauncher. Please wait a few days.
(2014-10-22, 15:59)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on a kodi version of xbmclauncher. Please wait a few days.
I can't wait to see that coming.
If you need a tester, just let me know as I'm happy to help.
I'm using Kodi on a daily base, so I can test new versions pretty fast.

I'm running on Kodi on a Windows 8.1 system with 4GB RAM.
If you need more specs on the system, just let me know.
(2014-10-22, 22:51)gjurriens Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-22, 15:59)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on a kodi version of xbmclauncher. Please wait a few days.
I can't wait to see that coming.
If you need a tester, just let me know as I'm happy to help.
I'm using Kodi on a daily base, so I can test new versions pretty fast.

I'm running on Kodi on a Windows 8.1 system with 4GB RAM.
If you need more specs on the system, just let me know.

Here is link to KodiLauncher. It is not completed yet. Tested in Windows 7 32 bit only. Uninstall or close xbmclauncher before installing kodilauncher.