Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-11-13, 03:35)TheFonz Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm in the middle of a movie/tv show and I turn my TV off my CEC adapter turns off my HTPC. In the shutdown process XBMC Launcher closes XBMC. However if I'm watching LiveTV via TV Tuner and I turn the TV off without first stopping the LiveTV feed I XBMC crashes, doesn't close and the HTPC doesn't turn off.
I would just like to see an option in XBMC Launcher to stop playback before closing XBMC.

I am not closing XBMC via any menu or any other method, XBMC closes via XBMC Launcher.

Have you enabled the option 'Close xbmc on suspend'? There is another option 'Force close xbmc instead of normal close' which will close xbmc instantly. Instead you can edit the ahk file to send stop command (keypress 'X') during the shutdown process.
(2014-11-13, 04:42)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 03:35)TheFonz Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm in the middle of a movie/tv show and I turn my TV off my CEC adapter turns off my HTPC. In the shutdown process XBMC Launcher closes XBMC. However if I'm watching LiveTV via TV Tuner and I turn the TV off without first stopping the LiveTV feed I XBMC crashes, doesn't close and the HTPC doesn't turn off.
I would just like to see an option in XBMC Launcher to stop playback before closing XBMC.

I am not closing XBMC via any menu or any other method, XBMC closes via XBMC Launcher.

Have you enabled the option 'Close xbmc on suspend'? There is another option 'Force close xbmc instead of normal close' which will close xbmc instantly. Instead you can edit the ahk file to send stop command (keypress 'X') during the shutdown process.

I cannot find the force quit option in v4.1
(2014-11-13, 05:50)TheFonz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 04:42)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

It is visible only if you select the custom shutdown menu option during installation.
(2014-11-13, 14:20)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 05:50)TheFonz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 04:42)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Have you enabled the option 'Close xbmc on suspend'? There is another option 'Force close xbmc instead of normal close' which will close xbmc instantly. Instead you can edit the ahk file to send stop command (keypress 'X') during the shutdown process.

It is visible only if you select the custom shutdown menu option during installation.

I see why I didn't have this option enabled on install - I do not use confluence. Will this option still work with a non-default skin (see sig)
(2014-11-14, 00:46)TheFonz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 14:20)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 05:50)TheFonz Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot find the force quit option in v4.1

I see why I didn't have this option enabled on install - I do not use confluence. Will this option still work with a non-default skin (see sig)

It will work with any skin. If you don't want to use the custom shutdown menu then open the registry editor from the launcher (Win+F10) > Application Folders > Open XBMC Settings in regedit. Create a new stringvalue ForceCloseXBMC and set its value to 1.
This might be a crazy question, but is it possible to schedule when XBMC Launcher is the shell and when it is Explorer? I.e. set it to certain times when XBMC Launcher functions as the shell and when (outside of that given time-window) explorer is the shell?

What I'm trying to achieve here, is to create two automated situations where my HTPC starts up during the daytime (say 08:00 till 00:00) it boots up directly to XBMC with the set of applications entered in the XBMCLauncher-config and during the nighttime automatically (say between 03:00 and 06:00) it uses the Explorer-shell, which boots up along with Sick Beard, Sabnzbd and Couchpotato for automated nighttime downloading.

Looking forward to your ideas! Smile
(2014-11-20, 19:31)Dan0sz Wrote: [ -> ]This might be a crazy question, but is it possible to schedule when XBMC Launcher is the shell and when it is Explorer? I.e. set it to certain times when XBMC Launcher functions as the shell and when (outside of that given time-window) explorer is the shell?

What I'm trying to achieve here, is to create two automated situations where my HTPC starts up during the daytime (say 08:00 till 00:00) it boots up directly to XBMC with the set of applications entered in the XBMCLauncher-config and during the nighttime automatically (say between 03:00 and 06:00) it uses the Explorer-shell, which boots up along with Sick Beard, Sabnzbd and Couchpotato for automated nighttime downloading.

May be you could try the windows task scheduler. Add a task to start explorer.exe at 03:00. I'm not sure if this will work as explorer is not yet started. You can also modify the launcher script to start explorer.exe after 03:00.
Is there any easy way to have an AHK script added to the External Applications list??
(2014-11-21, 05:31)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-20, 19:31)Dan0sz Wrote: [ -> ]This might be a crazy question, but is it possible to schedule when XBMC Launcher is the shell and when it is Explorer? I.e. set it to certain times when XBMC Launcher functions as the shell and when (outside of that given time-window) explorer is the shell?

May be you could try the windows task scheduler. Add a task to start explorer.exe at 03:00. I'm not sure if this will work as explorer is not yet started. You can also modify the launcher script to start explorer.exe after 03:00.

Could you give me an example of how I were to modify the launcher-script after 03:00?
(2014-11-21, 10:23)Dan0sz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-21, 05:31)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

Could you give me an example of how I were to modify the launcher-script after 03:00?

Replace the code starting at Line 484 as shown below:

Code:
MonitorEvents:

{ if (A_Hour = 03) and (A_Min = 0) ; if time 03:00
    Process, Exist, explorer.exe ; if explorer.exe is not running
    If (ErrorLevel = 0)
        Run,  %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir%
}

KeepFocus()
StartExplorer()

I have not tested this code. You may need to slightly modify it.

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/35...tain-time/

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/29...sing-loop/

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/10...me-detect/

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/35...ntry223598
I'd love to see a feature to have an application run on shutdown/xbmc exit. Not sure if this is already a feature though
(2014-11-26, 10:12)TheFonz Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see a feature to have an application run on shutdown/xbmc exit. Not sure if this is already a feature though

This feature is not available, but can be integrated into new version.
I have installed this app (Thanks by the way great work) on Windows 8.1 and it launches xbmc fine but I still have slight delay between the desktop and the app launching. How do I reduce this delay or eliminate it totally so it boots straight into xbmc without showing the windows desktop.

Thanks
(2014-11-26, 18:59)a5ian300zx Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed this app (Thanks by the way great work) on Windows 8.1 and it launches xbmc fine but I still have slight delay between the desktop and the app launching. How do I reduce this delay or eliminate it totally so it boots straight into xbmc without showing the windows desktop.

Thanks

Select the option to set the launcher as shell. This will prevent the desktop from loading.
Hi baijuxavior,

This is a great program which is packed with really useful features.I really like how I just install it and set it to launch XBMC (now Kodi) with my remotes' green button without having to faff about with other 'hacks' (like I used to in the past).

Now that there is a new working Kodi version, I have one small and very minor request - can we have the old icon updated to the new Kodi standard icon?

Thanks