Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-22, 12:07)user9998 Wrote: [ -> ]just downloaded & installed launcher4kodi (in win 7), the version at the top of this thread, focus seems to work but power manager settings still activate (screen will turn off while inactive). any advice?

There is no powermanagement built-in in the tool. You need to manually disable the screen turn off time in Windows Power Options.

(2015-02-23, 00:37)Phairplay Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

this looks like a great app and I'm really wanting to use it I just have a question about the external apps section

I would like to use the kodi (xbmc) shell for faster loading, yet I have a few programs running in the background. would I be correct in saying any program that is not in the windows start up folder will still automatically load as usual i.e mcafree, vnc, autohotkey ect, and the ones within the folder i.e sabnzbd, sonarr, couchpotato ect will have to be rooted through your external app section?

cheers

When you change the shell to the launcher, most of the autostart applications like those in the autostart folder won't start at boot. Some applications like TeamViewer which installs themselves as processes may start even if explorer is not running.

You can add the applications you want to start at system boot to the external apps group and set the option to start them with the launcher. You can add a maximum of 9 applications.

(2015-02-23, 09:18)Shogunreaper Wrote: [ -> ]How do i get kodi to launch automatically with the launcher?

The only option i see is to do it on window startup... but i don't turn my computer off so that doesn't work for me.

Seems to launch external applications fine... am i supposed to add kodi to that list?

Also whats the point of "Turn off display"?

The launcher is designed to start xbmc/kodi at system startup. If you want to manually start kodi, press 'Win+Alt+Enter' (which is the hotkey usually assigned to the green button in mce remote).

You don't need to add kodi to startup list.

Turn Off display as the name suggests will turn the display off on pressing the hotkey Win+F11. I found it useful to turn off my display while listening to music.
I'm using this at home.
Although its set to keep kodi focused, something is minimising kodi to the taskbar in windows (every time i start up)
then i click again , and it doesnt happen anymore.
Is there a way to find out what is causing this? How come the launcher cant keep focus?
Hello!
Wolud you be so kind to tell me what do I need to make "Suspend hotkeys" in Launcher4Kodi "by default" (after Launcher4Kodi is started)?
Thank you!
(2015-02-24, 15:00)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]The launcher is designed to start xbmc/kodi at system startup. If you want to manually start kodi, press 'Win+Alt+Enter' (which is the hotkey usually assigned to the green button in mce remote).

Well i do need to add kodi to the external apps group if i want it to start automatically

having to do an extra step kind of defeats the purpose...
Hi. Thanks for the great app. I have an autohotkey script I use to launch apps with the number buttons on my remote. When the Kodi shell is running I can launch desktop apps fine, but metro/modern apps give me an error saying that the app manager is not running. When I launch explorer all apps launch fine. Is there an app manager or exe I need to add to my external app group so I can launch modern apps without explorer? Sorry if this has been asked, but an 88 page thread is hard to catch up on lol.
(2015-02-24, 15:10)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using this at home.
Although its set to keep kodi focused, something is minimising kodi to the taskbar in windows (every time i start up)
then i click again , and it doesnt happen anymore.
Is there a way to find out what is causing this? How come the launcher cant keep focus?

It is a limitation that the launcher cannot bring to focus the minimized window. Are you using the option 'Use a fullscreen window rather than true full screen' in kodi settings?

(2015-02-24, 17:06)LCF_R Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!
Wolud you be so kind to tell me what do I need to make "Suspend hotkeys" in Launcher4Kodi "by default" (after Launcher4Kodi is started)?
Thank you!

No option is provided for this. I will consider it in the next revision. You will need to manually click the menu 'Suspend Hotkeys'. You can also add a hotkey to disable all the hotkeys by editing the source code.

(2015-02-24, 18:45)Shogunreaper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-24, 15:00)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]The launcher is designed to start xbmc/kodi at system startup. If you want to manually start kodi, press 'Win+Alt+Enter' (which is the hotkey usually assigned to the green button in mce remote).

Well i do need to add kodi to the external apps group if i want it to start automatically

having to do an extra step kind of defeats the purpose...

Are you using a different location for Kodi? Try manually selecting the Kodi path under 'Kodi/iMON Path Settings'. Also enable the option 'Start Kodi when Windows starts' under 'Kodi Startup Settings'.

(2015-02-24, 19:54)Crithion Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Thanks for the great app. I have an autohotkey script I use to launch apps with the number buttons on my remote. When the Kodi shell is running I can launch desktop apps fine, but metro/modern apps give me an error saying that the app manager is not running. When I launch explorer all apps launch fine. Is there an app manager or exe I need to add to my external app group so I can launch modern apps without explorer? Sorry if this has been asked, but an 88 page thread is hard to catch up on lol.

I think metro apps require explorer. You can add explorer as an external application in the launcher.
(2015-02-25, 03:42)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]No option is provided for this. I will consider it in the next revision. You will need to manually click the menu 'Suspend Hotkeys'. You can also add a hotkey to disable all the hotkeys by editing the source code.
Thanks for your answer! I'll wait for this function in yout later revisions.
(2015-02-25, 03:42)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a different location for Kodi? Try manually selecting the Kodi path under 'Kodi/iMON Path Settings'. Also enable the option 'Start Kodi when Windows starts' under 'Kodi Startup Settings'.

Yes i am using a different location, and i changed the path in those settings.

and as i said start with windows is pointless... i don't turn off my computer. I want it to start with Launcher4Kodi not windows.

I just went ahead and added kodi to external apps and it works fine, it's just weird that there isn't a separate option for that
(2015-02-22, 12:07)user9998 Wrote: [ -> ]just downloaded & installed launcher4kodi (in win 7), the version at the top of this thread, focus seems to work but power manager settings still activate (screen will turn off while inactive). any advice?

(2015-02-25, 11:54)Shogunreaper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-25, 03:42)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a different location for Kodi? Try manually selecting the Kodi path under 'Kodi/iMON Path Settings'. Also enable the option 'Start Kodi when Windows starts' under 'Kodi Startup Settings'.

and as i said start with windows is pointless... i don't turn off my computer. I want it to start with Launcher4Kodi not windows.

I just went ahead and added kodi to external apps and it works fine, it's just weird that there isn't a separate option for that

If you enable the option to start kodi with windows boot, kodi will start every time you run the launcher. In other words 'Start with Windows' is same as 'Start with Launcher'.
(2015-02-25, 13:32)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

(2015-02-25, 11:54)Shogunreaper Wrote: [ -> ]

If you enable the option to start kodi with windows boot, kodi will start every time you run the launcher. In other words 'Start with Windows' is same as 'Start with Launcher'.

Doesn't do that for me

And its not really the same, since then it would start with windows too..
baijuxavior Thank you for the reply and you have created a great app

I just have another question regarding shell. (Sorry I've looked everywhere to find this out myself) If set to kodi. Will things like the network (Internet) drivers ect still kick in?

I really like the thought of having it auto boot into kodi but still run my anti virus, sabnzb ect which you mentioned can. Be done through your app

(2015-02-25, 20:06)Shogunreaper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-25, 13:32)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

(2015-02-25, 11:54)Shogunreaper Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i am using a different location, and i changed the path in those settings.

Doesn't do that for me

And its not really the same, since then it would start with windows too..

Launcher4Kodi can start with Windows in two ways - If you set it as shell or from autostart (Startup) folder. If you are not using the launcher as shell then just remove the launcher4kodi shortcut from the autostart folder. You can also disable it from taskmanager in Windows 8. Then launcher will not start with Windows and you can still start kodi by starting the launcher.

(2015-02-25, 20:14)Phairplay Wrote: [ -> ]baijuxavior Thank you for the reply and you have created a great app

I just have another question regarding shell. (Sorry I've looked everywhere to find this out myself) If set to kodi. Will things like the network (Internet) drivers ect still kick in?

I really like the thought of having it auto boot into kodi but still run my anti virus, sabnzb ect which you mentioned can. Be done through your app

Network drivers will work even if you change the shell to kodi. Sometimes you may need to add some delay for kodi to start, if Kodi can't connect to network on startup.

You can add antivirus and other applications to the external apps group and set them to start with the launcher.
Thanks for clearing this up.
I've found that a delay of 30 seconds is necessary on wired connections to be a safe margin, but due to the inherent latency of wireless connections, this will usually need to be a bit longer. Setting the delay to somewhere between 45 and 60 seconds should be enough. This is especially important if your using a MySQL database hosted on a remote machine / NAS elsewhere on your network. You may also want to make sure Kodi's WOL support (Wake Remote Servers on Access) is also enabled depending on how those remote devices are configured in terms of power saving, and/or disk spin-down times.
Hi,

the advanced-WOL-addon needs KODI to be run as administrator.

Is this possible with Launcher4Kodi, how...?

Thank you.