Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
baijuxavior Wrote:I am thinking of another version where xbmc is not given focus while using external players like TMT5 or PowerDVD. Also please suggest if you want any new feature to be added.

Since the available versions of XBMConiMon seem to exhibit a problem with 100% CPU usage if Kodi is restarted multiple times during a single run of XBMConiMon could you add an option to kill XBMConiMon (i.e: Task-kill) when Kodi exits?
(2015-02-22, 12:07)user9998 Wrote: [ -> ]just downloaded & installed launcher4kodi (in win 7), the version at the top of this thread, focus seems to work but power manager settings still activate (screen will turn off while inactive). any advice?

(2015-03-07, 13:07)michasvision Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

the advanced-WOL-addon needs KODI to be run as administrator.

Is this possible with Launcher4Kodi, how...?

Thank you.

I think running kodi as admin is not possible in the launcher.

(2015-03-07, 22:57)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]
baijuxavior Wrote:I am thinking of another version where xbmc is not given focus while using external players like TMT5 or PowerDVD. Also please suggest if you want any new feature to be added.

Since the available versions of XBMConiMon seem to exhibit a problem with 100% CPU usage if Kodi is restarted multiple times during a single run of XBMConiMon could you add an option to kill XBMConiMon (i.e: Task-kill) when Kodi exits?

This feature is available if you use the custom shutdown menu to close xbmc. But in normal exit of kodi it wont work. I can add a global setting to close xbmconimon when kodi exits. I will consider this feature in the next version. Thanks.
So - I am having a problem with the shutdown operation (probably something stupid).

Previously I was using Gotham and XBMCLauncher without any problems - when I selected shutdown from the Confluence menu, XBMC would quit and then the computer would power down.

Tonight I updated to Kodi and installed Launcher4Kodi - now when I select shutdown from the Confluence menu, Kodi exits, but the computer does not shutdown.

1. I selected the shutdown behavior in the Launcher4Kodi GUI as 'shutdown'
2. I made sure that the shutdown button behavior in the Kodi menu under Power Saving is set to 'shutdown'
3. I even made sure that the XML for the button in the Confluence skin is trying to call the Launcher4Kodi python script to handle the behavior.

What am I missingHuh (Thanks in advance for shining a light on my stupidity...)
(2015-02-22, 12:07)user9998 Wrote: [ -> ]just downloaded & installed launcher4kodi (in win 7), the version at the top of this thread, focus seems to work but power manager settings still activate (screen will turn off while inactive). any advice?

(2015-03-09, 05:28)ChuckNorris Wrote: [ -> ]So - I am having a problem with the shutdown operation (probably something stupid).

Previously I was using Gotham and XBMCLauncher without any problems - when I selected shutdown from the Confluence menu, XBMC would quit and then the computer would power down.

Tonight I updated to Kodi and installed Launcher4Kodi - now when I select shutdown from the Confluence menu, Kodi exits, but the computer does not shutdown.

1. I selected the shutdown behavior in the Launcher4Kodi GUI as 'shutdown'
2. I made sure that the shutdown button behavior in the Kodi menu under Power Saving is set to 'shutdown'
3. I even made sure that the XML for the button in the Confluence skin is trying to call the Launcher4Kodi python script to handle the behavior.

What am I missingHuh (Thanks in advance for shining a light on my stupidity...)

Thanks for pointing out the problem. Did you try other options like 'Sleep' or 'Hibernate'? I will check for the problem in my system and will post a solution.
baijuxavior -

No, I didn't try 'Sleep' or 'Hibernate' - I only tried the 'Reboot' and 'Exit' buttons, just to make sure I wasn't crazy. I will try the other two options when I get home tonight.

Thanks for looking into this - I appreciate your willingness to provide this tool for us!

(2015-03-09, 16:49)ChuckNorris Wrote: [ -> ]baijuxavior -

No, I didn't try 'Sleep' or 'Hibernate' - I only tried the 'Reboot' and 'Exit' buttons, just to make sure I wasn't crazy. I will try the other two options when I get home tonight.

Thanks for looking into this - I appreciate your willingness to provide this tool for us!

I figured out the problem. The path in DialogButtonMenu.xml was not modified to Launcher4Kodi from KodiLauncher. Open this file and replace all the three instances of KodiLauncher with Launcher4Kodi.

I will fix the bug in next version. Thanks again for pointing out the problem.
baijuxavior -

Thanks! That worked perfectly. I can't believe I missed that, I was looking right at that code! I guess I just saw 'Kodi' and 'Launcher' and missed that it wasn't the correct reference.
hi people Smile

I've sometimes the launcher installed. really cool thing !

I only have a problem when I 'm going down the htpc and then back up drive and then start the same kodi , it can not connect to database . but when I restart the tuberous it works.

can it be that a network program is started too slow?

I have a video playlist on the network kodi and with whom I can always connect .

best thanks for the help Smile

regards

(2015-03-11, 20:19)waffi Wrote: [ -> ]hi people Smile

I've sometimes the launcher installed. really cool thing !

I only have a problem when I 'm going down the htpc and then back up drive and then start the same kodi , it can not connect to database . but when I restart the tuberous it works.

can it be that a network program is started too slow?

I have a video playlist on the network kodi and with whom I can always connect .

best thanks for the help Smile

regards

This can happen if your network is not initialized fully before kodi starts. Adding a startup delay for kodi may solve the problem.
can you tell me how I hiring ?

in the program there is not such a function, or ?

(2015-03-12, 12:23)waffi Wrote: [ -> ]can you tell me how I hiring ?

in the program there is not such a function, or ?

Launcher Settings > Kodi Startup Settings > Change startup delay. It is zero seconds by default.
ok thx Smile
i cannot run in portable node ...why?
(2015-03-14, 05:47)danil0 Wrote: [ -> ]i cannot run in portable node ...why?

More details needed. Kodi portable mode is working fine when I tested in my Win 7 3.2bit system.
I'm having an issue with a blank screen after closing a windows 8 app. I am using ModernMix to create desktop shortcuts to my desktop and then launching them through advanced launcher in Kodi (Helix). Everything works great until I close or alt+f4 out of the app. All I get is a black screen and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of it. Alternatively using the fullscreen\window toggle key (\) it will snap it out of it.
I run the apps in fullscreen mode and if I don't Kodi obviously retakes focus but even then I get a black screen when it does.
Any ideas?