Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mountain Lion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello,

Mountain Lion has released and I was wondering, has anyone tried it yet with XBMC? If you did, were there any notable changes, like things that did not work under Lion, which started working with Mountain Lion? :-)

Best regards
I am interested in feedback on this as well, especially if SMBUp is broken in Mountain Lion....
I use my MAC mini for HTPC (XBMC and Plex) for $19.99 sound good the OS upgrade, but would like to know also if the upgrade wont affect my main purpose.
I've tested it very briefly with the Frodo nightlies.

- Suspending and resuming seems to work consistently
- No weird audio related problems so far
- iTunes is still taking control over remote (up and down keys start changing system volume)
Hi toiva and thx for the replay, have you try SMB protocol on mountain lion?
(2012-07-25, 16:44)Gzapr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi toiva and thx for the replay, have you try SMB protocol on mountain lion?

I use NFS for XBMC and media.

SMB shares in Finder work fine, and network shares are once again searchable via Spotlight. No matter what i did in Lion it would not search networked volumes.
If it's not broke, I would not upgrade for the kicks of it. Here's what happens, every single time Apple posts a new OSX version. Users upgrade without a thought, something does not work right, they get told to downgrade, then they start complaining Smile

Personally, (and I'm a dev too) I never, ever update a box that I depend on until maybe years after the update pops out. Why, the first one is always buggy as hell, and it takes a few rounds of get things right.

Hint, my mainline production boxes run 10.6.8, why ? It's stable as all get out Smile

Yeah 10.6.8 is rock solid but some of us are hopeless nerds and tinkerers. I spend probably about 5% of my time watching something and 95% fiddling with something useless, it's a sickness.
(2012-07-25, 18:23)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, (and I'm a dev too) I never, ever update a box that I depend on until maybe years after the update pops out. Why, the first one is always buggy as hell, and it takes a few rounds of get things right.

Hint, my mainline production boxes run 10.6.8, why ? It's stable as all get out Smile

I was running 10.6.8 and updated to 10.7.4 just a week ago. Benefits? Some 1080p videos does not stutter anymore. I was using Eden XBMC in both cases.

** I didn't update hoping to solve stuttering, just found when I tried playing those video afterwards. **
(2012-07-25, 18:26)toiva Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah 10.6.8 is rock solid but some of us are hopeless nerds and tinkerers. I spend probably about 5% of my time watching something and 95% fiddling with something useless, it's a sickness.

Smile) I could sign below this one Smile but I won't go on ML on HTPC.
I just got an e-mail reply from the developer of SMBUp that the application works in Mountain Lion so those of us sharing via SMB to XBMC still can.

Twitter reply: https://twitter.com/javierlobo/status/22...5279008768 (in spanish)
thx for all feedback's
Is the 'mouse cursor disappearing' bug fixed in Mountain Lion?
Just finished testing XBMC nightly build from July 22nd on Mountain Lion. I don't see any difference between Lion and ML. Whatever worked on one works on the other. Movies play fine. Apple remote works as expected. Music OK.

Some plugins crash, but the same as on Lion. Looks fine to me.
Has anyone looked to see if they still have XBMC in their Application Support folder?

I don't have anything there. I tried to update to one of the nightly builds and nothing carried over. I now have no idea where my database is stored.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5