Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Missing "add source" button in videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a long-time XBMC user, brand new Debian user.

I recently installed from the repository using apt-get.
Code:
apt-get install xbmc
Beautiful! This is too easy...

On first launch, I got a crash complaining that:
Code:
Default skin 'skin.confluence' not found! Terminating

I then ran:
Code:
apt-get install xbmc-skin-confluence
and it runs.

Now I am missing the "add source" button in Videos.

Yes, it's enabled in the skin settings, and it shows up just fine under Music.

I've tried entering the Videos menu through the "Videos" button and through files, and I can't get it to show up.

I know I can probably add a source by editing the XML file, but I'd like to figure out what I'm doing wrong first, or if this is a bug.

Thanks,

-Wes
I guess I should add that this is XBMC12.0-Alpha3, compiled July 13th 2012.

I thought that the debian repository would contain XBMC 11 Eden, and I just now checked and noticed it is pre-Frodo.

Still, I would expect to be able to add a video source easier than this.

Any suggestions?
So, I also just realized that since I have debian-multimedia listed in my apt sources, it is probably pulling from there instead of main debian.

I'll re-install and report back.
apt-get remove xbmc-bin, removed debian-multimedia from repositories, apt-get update, apt-get install xbmc.

Now running XBMC 11 Eden (as I should be), and "add Videos" now shows up.

I'm not sure what's broken in the debian-multimedia repository, but it was frustrating.

Sorry for the crappy support request.

-Wes

EDIT: according to what I've read, it is common for debian-multimedia packages to "override" the default debian packages due to the version numbers in debian-multimedia normally being newer (I think the maintainer compiles from source fairly often). So if you want a package that is in the main debian repository, you should remove debian-multimedia first.
(2012-07-31, 18:34)waldo22 Wrote: [ -> ]So, I also just realized that since I have debian-multimedia listed in my apt sources, it is probably pulling from there instead of main debian.

I'll re-install and report back.
apt-get remove xbmc-bin, removed debian-multimedia from repositories, apt-get update, apt-get install xbmc.

Now running XBMC 11 Eden (as I should be), and "add Videos" now shows up.

I'm not sure what's broken in the debian-multimedia repository, but it was frustrating.

Sorry for the crappy support request.

-Wes
You solved it yourself and you've provided some valuable information in case someone else runs into a similar problem in the future. If you don't mind, please add "(Solved)" to the thread title. Thanks.
(2012-07-31, 19:12)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]You solved it yourself and you've provided some valuable information in case someone else runs into a similar problem in the future. If you don't mind, please add "(Solved)" to the thread title. Thanks.

Done. Any ideas why it doesn't show up by default under Confluence on those pre-Frodo builds?

What should I look at? I'm sure the packager would appreciate a bug report.