Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: All music artwork missing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few weeks ago I updated to a nightly build and lost all my music artwork, figuring this was a temporary bug I reverted to an earlier build and the artwork returned, I've just installed the latest nightly build and my music artwork has all disappeared again. I'm presuming the build I used that lost all my artwork created a new database but as my database folder is full of various versions I'm not sure what needs deleting to fix the issue, could someone give me a heads up?
You need to rescan your music (tags only) for the album art to come in. It should have prompted you for this on first access to music, but depending on what version you used, this may not have been in place.
Is there anything I can delete to trigger this prompt again or is there a way to do this manually? I've tried the standard library update but that had no effect?
Open up guisettings.xml and take a nosy through for <needsupdate> under the <music> tag I think it is. Set it to 27, save, and restart XBMC. When you enter music you should be prompted.
(2012-08-02, 10:27)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Open up guisettings.xml and take a nosy through for <needsupdate> under the <music> tag I think it is. Set it to 27, save, and restart XBMC. When you enter music you should be prompted.

I've done this and now I've got all my album art back however I'm still missing all my artist thumbs and fanart?
Artist thumbs/fanart would normally be automatically found again, assuming the URLs you had in your database were good.

Check what they are (see the art table)