Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC and Asus Xonar sound card on Windows 2008 and HP Microserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

First post on here. Have to say I've loved XBMC ever since the early days on the XBOX. With that in mind, recently I bought a graphics card for my HP Microserver and decided to turn it into a windows HTPC. I installed XBMC 11 final onto it and it is working well. The only issue I'm having however is with the sound. My ASUS Radeon 6450 card is capable of doing sound over HDMI but the problem is that my amp doesnt have a HDMI in.

I purchased a cheap Xenta USB sound card with optical out hoping that this would pass through DTS audio. Yesterday, I finally managed to get this working however all of the sound is coming out with distortions so any media is unwatchable. Im of the opinion now that I need to buy a dedicated PCI-E sound card with optical out. Has anyone used the following card succesfully with Windows 2008 (and possibly a microserver) and got clear DTS audio via optical out into an amp?:

http://www.ebuyer.com/366208-asus-xonar-...m=products

I just wanted to ask before I wasted more money on stuff that doesn't do the job. Any advice/experiences would be much appreciated.
Just to reply to my own thread I can confirm the card does indeed work!