Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Companion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

Let me introduce XBMC Companion, an Android app I've developed in my free time.
Originally designed for my girl and I, I figured you guys could be interested as well.

The goal of this app is to allow you to easily look up more information about the movie or TV show you're watching.

Image Image
(more screenshots available on the Play page)

For example, you can access the cast and search someone on Google, Wikipedia or IMDB.

Additional data will popup in the dedicated app if you have it.

Well that's about it. Code is open source and available @ https://github.com/iksela/XBMC-Companion

So check it out and tell me what you think of it Smile

XBMC Companion on Google Play
This is a very cool idea!

Gave it a try with nightlies and it didnt seem to want to connect though!

Anyway, I like this!
Thanks!

On the connection issue, one thing you can try is to connect to http://IP:PORT/jsonrpc on your phone's browser. If you can't, that means the problem doesn't come from the app.
Just tried it, brought me to a page confirming that it was working.
I just uploaded a new version, but I don't know how long it'll take until it's available on the store.
This version adds a debug option in the settings, which will display the real error message instead of "Couldn't connect to XBMC". This text is selectable, so you should be able to copy/paste it.
I like the idea and the style!! but unfortunately it crashes while "Formatting Data" screen is running. Report was send. Galaxy tab 7.7'' with android 4.0.4. XBMC eden stable on osx.
(2012-08-03, 11:42)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea and the style!! but unfortunately it crashes while "Formatting Data" screen is running. Report was send. Galaxy tab 7.7'' with android 4.0.4. XBMC eden stable on osx.

Yes, I show the crash report. It's due to an out of memory error: in order to achieve the rolling background effect, the fanart must be adjusted to 3x<screen width>, in the case of a tab... That's huge! Especially in landscape orientation. Did you try on portrait orientation?

I guess i could find a workaround showing only one fanart for tablets... I'll have to think about it.
Yes, it works in portrait mode and I confirm that I like it!
(2012-08-03, 12:21)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it works in portrait mode and I confirm that I like it!

Thanks for the feedback joethefox! Maybe i'll restrict the app to portrait orientation for the time being.
Thanks for the quick reply!

The error I an getting is:
ClientProtocolException: Unsupported Media Type

Running nightlies with JB on a gnexus
(2012-08-03, 18:00)skabyss Wrote: [ -> ]The error I an getting is:
ClientProtocolException: Unsupported Media Type

Same error here.

Running nightlies with 4.0.3 on a Galaxy S2
I just pushed version 1.0.2 which (I hope) will fix this issue. Let me know when you'll be able to try it!
I updated from the Play store this morning, but the error is still the same, let me know if you need something else Smile

Well, if you could send me the logs (via a Logcat reader app), that may prove helpful.

EDIT: I've ironed the bug in version 1.0.3!
Cool! I'll test again when the Store gives me an update.
Pages: 1 2