Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies buffer while using Linux + Samba (Windows)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I was recently happy to receive my first homegrown server to put in the closet.
Figuring that i could attach my external drives to it and access it through Samba.

My setup is.
Linux server (Centos Minimal server) -> Netgear router -> Windows Laptop -> XBMC

I've managed to make my ext-hdd accessible through both Samba, and i can access it through XBMC.
However, when i want to play a movie, it plays like, 30 sec, then it buffers... then plays, then buffer.... you know....

Have i done something wrong ?

If anyone else is using this kind of setup, how does your config files look like ?

Regards, Stefan
In my ears this sounds like a bad setup. transfer the external data to the server instead.
(2012-08-05, 13:48)tetzuoshima Wrote: [ -> ]In my ears this sounds like a bad setup. transfer the external data to the server instead.

But since its working seamlessly on vlc and my android-phone.
There must be some setting or something ?
Why leave out that info in the first post?
post a debug log and then someone might be able to help you figure this one out.
Just to add to tetzuoshima's suggestion: Be sure to enable XBMC debug logging first before attempting to reproduce the error and upload the debug log (wiki) to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post just the URL link to the log in your reply here.
(2012-08-05, 21:06)tetzuoshima Wrote: [ -> ]Why leave out that info in the first post?
post a debug log and then someone might be able to help you figure this one out.

Sorry, first post ever on this forum...

I will try the debugging when i get home .

Thanks Smile