Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with sound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had a working version of xbmcbuntu running fine off a hard disk and all is good.

However, this hard disk i want to use for storage as I was just using it temporarily to test. So, I installed xbmcbuntu onto a USB stick to free up the hard disk.

I then copied the userdata and addons folders over from the hard disk to the USB install to replicate the settings over.

All worked apart from now I have a weird problem with the sound. I can hear the menu noises but when trying to play music or a film I get a message "failed to initialize audio device"?

I have checked the system sound settings (also tried changing the settings too) but nothing seems to resolve it and the sound settings in xbmc do match what I had set on the hard disk install?

I am using the HDMI port on my graphics card for video and sound which is plugged into my receiver.

Can't make out why it works in one install and not in another?

Any help much appreciated.
I gave up in the end and tried a re-install onto the USB stick.

Once that was done all then worked ok once I set the out puts to HDMI. Dont know why it didnt work before as the settings were the same, maybe it didn't like me copying the files from the hard drive over to the USB and somehow that screwed it?