Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I'm tired of losing library customisations every... 2 days avg.. Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

tried to browse all the FAQs and threads but I cannot find an easy answer.

I started using XBMC a few weeks ago on my Mac Mini (now with Mountain Lion).
Using v. Eden with Aeon (3.5 auto-updated today?) skin.

I don't play too much with library and settings but every 2-3 days I'm losing most of my items customizations such as thumbnails, movie titles/versions and watch states. I have a few titles that needed adjustments as the scraping engine is not recognizing them as the correct movie version/title. It's already 5 times I'm re-doing all the customization from the start. What should I check?

Is it normal that installing a new update (also of the skin?!) I might lose that information?? It makes no sense...

thanks for helping a newbie.
L.

I think we need a few more details that a proper debug.log posted to http://xbmclogs.com/ and linked to this thread would provide. In general if you've got update on start and it's scanning for new stuff, using a portable drive might bring issues.. Using vague terms like 'most' 'some' and 'few' are not specific enough to nail a culprit and referencing customization conjures up all kinds of things.

It's not normal to have issues with XBMC, but once users start customization all bets are off. Stick with the skin 'Confluence' and a stable release of supported XBMC until you have the issues nailed.

I suggest going back to basics, get used to the interface and building your library... ask specific questions on difficulties with the library and you'll get speedy response.
At the very least, verify that the "Update library on startup" option is not enabled (System > Video > Library).