Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AMD E-450/Radeon 6320 and Windows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked up a Foxconn nt-3700 barebone that uses the AMD E-450 APU with the integrated Radeon 6320, got it decked out with 4 GB ram and an Intel 120 GB SSD and also picked up a SiliconDust HD Homerun Prime CableCard tuner. I wanted to replace my Tivo Premere with the Foxconn and run Windows Media Center and XBMC. Windows 7 and WMC was a FAIL as it was never stable and was NOT very responsive. When I tried to run XBMC on it, it could not play the BluRay rips I have (made with MakeMKV backup option) either. Messing around with Linux XBMC and Openelec was a different matter. It was not easy but following the instructions here produced an acceptable XMBC player that played the ripped BluRays just fine.

I tried WMC on Windows 8 and while not perfect, was significantly better. This got my hopes up about XBMC under Win 8, but, XBMC still could not play the BluRay rips.

Am I missing something here? I understand Windoze bites but has anyone here run Windows XBMC on an AMD E-450 APU and been able to play BluRay rips?

The reason that I'm flogging Windoze is that WMC is the only media center that supports CableCard tuners. If WISH WISH WISH that I could run MythTV but I want HBO, Showtime and AMC and that is not going to happen with MythTV (FU CableLabs and Time Warner Cable).
Try these configures-

1. If you installed Realkek, you can un-install it
2. Make sure to up date the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
3. Select AMD High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
4. If you have AVR, you need to select "Audio output device WASAPI: "AVR brand/model go here" (AMD High Definition......)" in XBMC
5. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
6. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output
(2012-08-05, 20:16)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]1. If you installed Realkek, you can un-install it
I am using SPDIF optical out, not HDMI for audio. My Receiver does not have HDMI inputs. Will the AMD HD Output work for that?
Quote:2. Make sure to up date the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
Check
Quote: 3. Select AMD High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
4. If you have AVR, you need to select "Audio output device WASAPI: "AVR brand/model go here" (AMD High Definition......)" in XBMC
I dont quite follow. Can you expand?
Quote: 5. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
6. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output
I'll give it a shot.
3./4. in xbmc system/audio you must select your device like "WASAPI:SPDIF AMD optical out".
(2012-08-05, 22:44)smitopher Wrote: [ -> ][quote='bluray' pid='1162970' dateline='1344190598']1. If you installed Realkek, you can un-install it
I am using SPDIF optical out, not HDMI for audio. My Receiver does not have HDMI inputs. Will the AMD HD Output work for that?
Quote:2. Make sure to up date the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
Check
Quote: 3. Select AMD High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
I dont quite follow. Can you expand?
Quote:
Since you are using SPDIF, you can do as Nimo suggested.....if AMD driver don't work well, you can give Realtek HD a try.....

Suggestions followed, XBMC runs nicely. It's a pity that WMC does not as my plan was to replace my Tivo Premiere.
(2012-08-12, 03:02)smitopher Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestions followed, XBMC runs nicely. It's a pity that WMC does not as my plan was to replace my Tivo Premiere.
I'm glad that you got it to work now......Nod

Hi, I have a Zotac AD04 with that graphic board, but when I play a video from xmbc it has black margins at rigth and left, any help?

Best regars,
It sounds like you did not have h/w acceleration enabled and that was probably causing your issues with blu-ray playback in XBMC. I have an AMD E-350 in my basement at this moment and I have no problems playing live or recorded 1080i TV from my HDHR Prime with WMC on Win8. I ran this same h/w a while back in my main HTPC on win7 but I did not have the HDHR Prime back then. It played 1080i content from unencrypted QAM just fine. Sure it lags a bit when I navigate the menus (which is why it's now in the basement and not upstairs) but playback is/was flawless.
I haver this problema with win7, with win8 workspace fine
I fix it, changing the scaling options for every resolution en frecuencies.

Best Regars,