Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Easy MQ3 questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to filter 3D movies?

Also, is there a way to show the Blu-Ray cover box without adding "BluRay" or some other variation of BluRay to the movie title?
I don't want to have to rename all my Blu-Ray's. That would be very time consuming...
Right now a lot of my movies are showing up as H264, but they show up as BluRay in Nox. *Shrugs*
the tagging in the name is the only way that I know works in aeon mq3. You could use a renaming tool to make it easy for you, but you would have to re-import everything you rename.
Any good suggestions on a renaming tool?
Does it work well?

So I'd have to re-scrape the metadata for everything then?
http://www.therenamer.com/

Really good tool.

And no, you wouldn't have to rescrape. Once the files are renamed, just update the library(you'll then have duplicates) and then run the clean library function to remove non-existing files.
Thanks for the response.

Is there a way I can rename the movie files or folders to include a "BluRay" tag with theRenamer?

I have been browsing over the wiki page, but can't seem to find anything.

Also I noticed that theRenamer can create .nfo's - Do these function well with xbmc? What is a good .nfo reader?
The nfos probably aren't necessary. If you really want them, you can just use the export video function in xbmc and it will create them all for you.

As for theRenamer, I'm not sure.
Well, the reason I was interested in the NFO files is because I want to edit them to ensure my movies in XBMC are placed in the correct order, because right now they aren't and It kinda irks me.

It was explained that I edit the <sorttitle></sorttitle> tags in the NFO files to change the order.

Do you know any other way to quickly add "BluRay" to folders or movie names? As I don't really want to edit that into 5TB worth of media manually with copy/paste. Zzzz....

Ya, write some sort of script(vbs ir python or something else) to take the current filename and add " BluRay" to the end of it. Not that I personally have such a script, but someone may :S
This will add ".BluRay" last in the name to ALL mkv-files in all subdirectories to the directory you run it from.

Create a file like AddBluRay.bat and paste it, and then run the file.

Code:
for /f "tokens=*" %%m in ('dir /s /b *.mkv') do ren "%%m"  "%%~nm.BluRay%%~xm"
(2012-08-16, 21:44)kaffekask Wrote: [ -> ]This will add ".BluRay" last in the name to ALL mkv-files in all subdirectories to the directory you run it from.

Create a file like AddBluRay.bat and paste it, and then run the file.

Code:
for /f "tokens=*" %%m in ('dir /s /b *.mkv') do ren "%%m"  "%%~nm.BluRay%%~xm"

Ok, I think I got it....

I open Notepad - When I go to save it, I remove the "*.txt" file extension and save it as a .bat extension.

I open the .bat file and add the code "for /f "tokens=*" %%m in ('dir /s /b *.mkv') do ren "%%m" "%%~nm.BluRay%%~xm"

Save it and then open it in the dir with all my .MKV files. Seems to have worked! Thanks. ;- )

How did you figure out that code? Are you a programmer?

Is there a scrip to remove the "BluRay" tag should I ever need it?
No, I'm not a programmer, I'm just a lazy Windows user (that has been working with computers and servers for almost 20 years...) and then you need to learn some scripting to solve all your little problems... Big Grin

But if you want to learn scripting today on Windows, go for Powershell.

Here is a script that removes the .BluRay for all .mkv files in alla sub directories, just like the other one, create a file with .bat extension in the directory and run it.
I forgot to say it an my first post, but you should always try on just one or two files that you've copied to a directory for testing.

Code:
@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

for /f "tokens=*" %%m in ('dir /s /b *.BluRay.mkv') do (
    set nn=%%~nm
    set nn=!nn:.Bluray=!
    ren "%%m" "!nn!.mkv"
    )
(2012-08-15, 19:48)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.therenamer.com/

Really good tool.

And no, you wouldn't have to rescrape. Once the files are renamed, just update the library(you'll then have duplicates) and then run the clean library function to remove non-existing files.

This is confusing...

Select "Movies" Press "C" "Update Library"

To me it seems like you are re-downloading/scraping all the information again? At least that's the way I understand it.

Why when you run "Update Library" does it say..

"Downloading Movie Information"
-Name of Movie
-Scanning for new content

It's checking themoviedb.org for the same content you've already downloaded... ?

I mean that's how I interpret it.. Why else would it prompt me with this message below...

"Unable to connect to remote server"
"Would you like to continue scanning" ?

It's connecting to themoviedb.org...

Also, why do I get that prompt occasionally?

If you have nfos for the videos, you can have the updater load the movie information from them, saving you the time it takes to scrape them again. Unless you're renaming hundreds of movies, scraping doesn't take long. Scraping just queries themoviedb.org and returns data that makes the nfo file, which is usually a few kb. No images are returned.

By renaming the files with BluRay you're essentially trying to make xbmc recognize them as BluRay files. The only way to get xbmc to do that is to have it update the library, after you renamed the files.

This simply means that the server is offline/having a few issues. They are usually resolved quite quickly.
Code:
"Unable to connect to remote server"
"Would you like to continue scanning" ?
I notice that some movies do not have more than 1 piece of fanart
on the themoviedb.org. Some don't have any at all.

So when you are using Showcase view > Style > Extra Thumbnails
Only 1 or none of 4 thumbnail windows will be taken up with an image.

Is there a way to use other movie databases to scrape the fanart for just
these select movies?
Thanks kaffekask. That helped me also. Once I can't figure out is this as I need to change a .jpg file name but only one and with multiple.jpg files, I'm not sure how to go about it.

In my folder is this.

Contraband (2012)-fanart.jpg
background.jpg
background1.jpg
background2.jpg

I need the first file to match this.

Contraband (2012).Bluray-fanart.jpg

So I had this thinking it would work.

Code:
for /f "tokens=*" %%m in ('dir /s /b *-fanart.jpg') do ren "%%m"  "%%~nm.BluRay%%~xm"

and it worked by only affecting the fanart.jpg file but all it did was this and added it to the end.

Contraband (2012)-fanart.BluRay.jpg

Is there a way I can add it in between the closing bracket and the dash and what would the code be to remove that?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2