Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Everytime It open it crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was using the nightly of xbmc when it started crashing so I uninstall it and trashed the profile directory
I installed the Eden version and it still crashing.

here is my log file

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6382

Thanks

I'll bet you didn't clean out the remnants of the nightly... delete C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\user see if that brings it back, failing that delete C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC and the XBMC sitting in the programs directory and re-install.
First of all thanks for your patronizing answer. I if you would have taken the time to read the full post you would have noticed that I did just that. If you don't have anything nice to say I suggest you don't.
(2012-08-10, 21:45)Darkcast Wrote: [ -> ]First of all thanks for your patronizing answer. I if you would have taken the time to read the full post you would have noticed that I did just that. If you don't have anything nice to say I suggest you don't.
Wow, that reaction seems a tad overly sensitive. I read it more as a suggestion to try something out and, based on the errors, the suggestion seemed apropos. PatK is a very helpful member of this community and I don't recall his ever being patronizing.

Anyway, since you are unable to get to the GUI to enable debug logging, you can do it by setting the <loglevel> in your advancedsettings.xml file (create one if you don't already have it) and then try launching XBMC again. Re-examine your debug log (wiki) to see if the additional diagnostic information yields any additional clues as to why it's crashing.

(2012-08-10, 21:45)Darkcast Wrote: [ -> ]First of all thanks for your patronizing answer. I if you would have taken the time to read the full post you would have noticed that I did just that. If you don't have anything nice to say I suggest you don't.

wow - easy on the red bull